What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

@ Asok didn' t find my answers you kid:enjoy:

I already listed my reasons or proofs for my assertions in my numerous previous posts.

"Your j-20 has extremely maneuverable and agile, with Delta canard design. Those European is not maneuverable and agile, with a same layout. What a bogus logic, you have. You sh!t head. You have brain of 8 year old kid. You insane"

I am fine, thank you. I am not insane.

Looks like you don't have any proofs that "rafale, ef-2000, grippen, and j-10 all have great maneuverability and agility at supersonic trans- sonic flight regime". and just want to vent your frustration.

I said it takes a lot more than "Delta canard design" for superior supersonic maneuverability, comparable to that of F-22. That's why I don't believe J-10, Rafael and Typhoon has that.

I believe the current J-20 has superior supersonic maneuverability, comparable to that of F-22, because,

1.) it has the agile, differentially moving, "Delta canard design", PLUS,

2.) two powerful WS-15 engine, that has at least 210kN of thrust each, PLUS,

3.) a huge internal fuel storage of 12 tons, to support long Supersonic Cruise, PLUS,

4.) 3-D differential turning TVC nozzles, PLUS,

5.) all moving, differentially activated, tails, PLUS,

6.) a long slender body for superior supersonic state, PLUS,

7.) adjustable DSI air intake that could be optimized for subsonic, as well as supersonic speed.

If that doesn't do it for J-20. I don't know what will.
First you prove me J-20 is using WS-15
Then Ws-15 has thrust of 210 Kn
And then WS-15 has a TVC nozzles
Differential tail surface is not a new tech first used in yf-23 and pak-fa
Please answer my above questions but you have no answer for me kid you insane kid you have no knowledge of fighter jets and its aerodynamic go kid this place is not for yours go play your toys:enjoy::lol:

Since you won't do the work. I am trying to find some reports that J-10, Rafael, and Typhoon have superior supersonic maneuverability comparable to that of the F-22.

I can find only one report. http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37047

"The UK pilot declared, that EF-2000, can make 5G turn, at the height of 45,000 fts, and speed of Mach 1.6 without losing speed, and the F/A-22 can perform the 5G maneuver, at even higher speed ,and altitude, without losing speed.

The previous generation fighter like F-15 and F-16 can only perform 2~3G maneuver at the speed of above Mach 1 and height of above 30,000 fts."

If that is true, the EF-2000 would have to turn on their on AB, full blast, at Mach 1.6, since they are not know to have Supercruise at that speed, while F-22 with their powerful F119 engines, could still cruising w/o their AB on.

Supposed, the EF-2000 is carrying only 5 tons of maximum internal fuel capacity, with no drop tanks. He would have run out of fuel, within minutes, while their AB is running at full blast, trying to keep up with the F-22, at Mach 1.6. Fuel burn rate with AB full blasting, is 3-4 times, more than non-AB.

This is same situation that F-15, F-16, and other fourth generations fighter find themselves in, during the Red Flag exercises. They run out of fuel as soon as they entered the supersonic range, with their AB full blasting, trying to keep up with the F-22, who don't need their AB, turned on.

And F-22 has a 8 tons internal fuel capacity.

Because of this, those 4th generation fighters, have absolutely no chance, to keep up with the F-22 at Supersonic range. No wonder, the F-22 claimed a 144-0 kill ratio, in the Red Flag exercises.

When you can't stay in the supersonic range, to keep up, with your opponent who could, you have no supersonic maneuverability, by definition.

If you want to stay supersonic, by turning on your AB full blast, you will be running out fuel within minutes, your game and your life, is over.

Notice, when I said run out of fuel, I don't mean you used up the last drop of fuel, I mean you have only enough fuel, left, to go home.

Remember, someone could be chasing you, and you will have to use the fuel hungry AB, to get away. So the amount of fuel you used, to run away, is probably much more than the fuel you used, to get there.

This is the 5th generation fighter's huge unbeatable advantage, over 4th generation fighters, by having a huge internal fuel capacity, internal weapon storage, Supercruise capability. Having stealth and a powerful ASEA radar, doesn't hurt, either.

First you prove me J-20 is using WS-15
Then Ws-15 has thrust of 210 Kn
And then WS-15 has a TVC nozzles
Differential tail surface is not a new tech first used in yf-23 and pak-fa
Please answer my above questions but you have no answer for me kid you insane kid you have no knowledge of fighter jets and its aerodynamic go kid this place is not for yours go play your toys:enjoy::lol:

I have already listed all my reasons, in my previous posts.

If that doesn't satisfy you, I can't help it.

Sorry.

Last edited:
@Asok kid can you give an answer for my questions
What is the prove that J-20 is using WS-15 from day one ( just in your wet dream):enjoy:
What is the prove that WS-15 has thrust of 210 Kn ( another wet dream of yours):lol:
What is the prove that WS-15 using TVC nozzles ( another crap dreams of your) j-20 flatter than f-22 and pak-fa not slender body cross sections no one believes you without prove and your wrong assumptions and wishful thinking:rofl::enjoy:

@Asok kid can you give an answer for my questions
What is the prove that J-20 is using WS-15 from day one ( just in your wet dream):enjoy:
What is the prove that WS-15 has thrust of 210 Kn ( another wet dream of yours):lol:
What is the prove that WS-15 using TVC nozzles ( another crap dreams of your) j-20 flatter than f-22 and pak-fa not slender body cross sections no one believes you without prove and your wrong assumptions and wishful thinking:rofl::enjoy:

I said, I have already listed, all my reasons, in my numerous previous posts.

"j-20 flatter than f-22 and pak-fa, not slender, body cross sections "

J-20 does has, a longer and slender body, than F-22 and Pak-fa. A long and slender body, like a pencil, is better for supersonic speed.

You need some glasses, if you can't see that.

Last edited:
I said, I have already listed, all my reasons, in my numerous previous posts.

"j-20 flatter than f-22 and pak-fa, not slender, body cross sections "

J-20 does has, a longer and slender body, than F-22 and Pak-fa. A long and slender body, like a pencil, is better for supersonic speed.

You need some glasses, if you can't see that.
Its all classified information about engine and the J-20, your personal assertions worth nothing the example of PAK-FA is front of you with a weaker engine 117S it can be super cruise and does vertical climb without using afterburner and new engine is online for PAK-FA I am going to sleep now because my job in the morning good bye

Its all classified information about engine and the J-20, your personal assertions worth nothing the example of PAK-FA is front of you with a weaker engine 117S it can be super cruise and does vertical climb without using afterburner and new engine is online for PAK-FA I am going to sleep now because my job in the morning good bye

'Its all classified information about engine and the J-20"

J-20's engine is so highly classified, because China wants to hide its secret.

If it's WS-10 or AL-31-FN-M1, there is no need to hide the engine's identity and performances, because their performances are widely known, for many years, already.

Nothing worthy to hide for these two engines. This is one of the strongest doubt, I have, that J-20 is using either one of them. They don't need to guard its identity so closely, if the current engine is WS-10 or AL-31-FN-M1.

The PAK-FA probably, could do vertical climbing w/o AB, just like the F-22 and J-20, with the new 117S "izdeliye 30 engines, the powerplant is expected to deliver 24,054lbs dry thrust and 39,566lbs (19.8 tons) of afterburning thrust." from http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...-new-engine-t-50-pak-fa-stealth-fighter-18155.

I think the listed empty weight 18 tons, for PAK-Fa, is a bit low. But I don't have any other information.

Last edited:
'Its all classified information about engine and the J-20"

J-20's engine is so highly classified, because China wants to hide its secret.

If it's WS-10 or AL-31-FN-M1, there is no need to hide the engine's identity and performances, because their performances are widely known, for many years, already.

Nothing worthy to hide for these two engines. This is one of the strongest doubt, that J-20 is using either one of them. They don't need to guard its identity so closely, if its WS-10 or AL-31-FN-M1.

The PAK-FA probably, could do vertical climbing w/o AB, like the F-22 and J-20, with the new 117S "izdeliye 30 engines, the powerplant is expected to deliver 24,054lbs dry thrust and 39,566lbs (19.8 tons) of afterburning thrust."
from http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...-new-engine-t-50-pak-fa-stealth-fighter-18155.

I think the listed empty weight 18 tons, for PAK-Fa, is a bit low. But I don't have any other information.
117S not a new engine on pak-fa its hybrid version of al-41f (mig1.42) and al-31f( su-27) all new engine from scratch is online for pak-fa with a thrust of 39000 lbs that is I'm saying

117S not a new engine on pak-fa its hybrid version of al-41f (mig1.42) and al-31f( su-27) all new engine from scratch is online for pak-fa with a thrust of 39000 lbs that is I'm saying

The older version of 117S is listed as having 145kN maximum thrust and this 117S "izdeliye 30 engines" is reported as having 19.8 tons.

I don't know where the truth lies. I don't follow Russian engines much. In fact, I don't even follow PAK-FA much.

145kN is really low for a 5th generation fighter engine. If PAK-Fa engine don't have at least 180kN, each, it will be outclassed by F-22 and J-20, for sure.

@Deino sir please ban permanently @Asok for its baseless and clueless posts thank you sir

The older version of 117S is listed as having 145kN maximum thrust and this 117S "izdeliye 30 engines" is reported as having 19.8 tons.

I don't know where the truth lies. I don't follow Russian engines much. In fact, I don't even follow PAK-FA much.

145kN is really low for a 5th generation fighter engine. If PAK-Fa engine don't have at least 180kN, each, it will be outclassed by F-22 and J-20, for sure.
You are mixing 2 different category of engine 117 is a temporary engine for pak-fa " izdeliye-30" will projected new engine for pak-fa with thrust of 39000 lbs whereas 117 has thrust of 147 in or 33000 lbs
Just go to Wikipedia and search al-31 and go to variants

J20's show-up in the PLA's 90th anniversary parade had successful pushed India to invest another 6 billions USD in PAKFA project. That's the power J20 has.

As Whether J20 has WS15 or WS10x now, I don't really care. All I know is it can supercruise at the speed of March 1.4 for a while.

With WS15, it will hunt down F22 as it is supposed to.

PLAAF always give us big surprise, let's just wait.

J20's show-up in the PLA's 90th anniversary parade had successful pushed India to invest another 6 billions USD in PAKFA project. That's the power J20 has.

As Whether J20 has WS15 or WS10x now, I don't really care. All I know is it can supercruise at the speed of March 1.4 for a while.

You really think that the plan to spend as much as 6 billion dollars will suddenly be made by one show? When J 20's existence is known for long?

I am sure J 20 will have some influence in India's strategic calculations, but its showing up in one military parade won't matter.

These projects take a long time to negotiate and work out. It takes months to have secret negotiations. The draft bill needed close talks with the Russians.

Russians should pay us money for this:rofl:

That's just a milking fee for the Russians. After which they will sell the Indians at off the shelf price. :rofl:. Sometimes I pity these people, they are run by a bunch of idiots. Decades of independence and yet they still can't store and distribute grain properly.

That's just a milking fee for the Russians. After which they will sell the Indians at off the shelf price. :rofl:. Sometimes I pity these people, they are run by a bunch of idiots. Decades of independence and yet they still can't store and distribute grain properly.

What exactly does India get out of spending 6 billion dollars? Nothing they could not have got
as any other buyer.

Back
Top Bottom