What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Dear Chinese brethren,

We, who are friends and well wishers of China and Chinese Civlisation, take great delight in the progress that the Chinese People have made in the last 30 years.

It is nothing short of a miracle...but then if the Chinese could build the Great Wall way back...we should never be suprised of any advancement. It is in the Chinese DNA and part of the Confucian Ethics.

Thinking about Confucian Ethecis...isn't it expected of a Chinese gentleman to excercise restraint, be subtle and have nuance in words and deeds? In my view President Xi is that gentleman... he does emody the highest Chinese Values.

Talking about the Chinese Values and upholding of Virtue... let us show to the PDF world the Chinese High Culture and Value System.. I know my friends, brothers, you shall not disappoint this poster.

This spat with @Deino has gone too far now. I can fully understand your feelings of unjust or dishonouring of China by our very good Deino...hence your Filial Peity forces you to challenge him... a bit too much really.

In my view China has nothing to prove to the world but only to itself and to the Chinese People.

Even if the whole world says great things about you, it means nothing. What matters how you esteem yourself.

Only indians do engage in personal attacks or constant harressing.. Ask @rott

So let us call it a day.

J20 is a marvel of Chinese Aero-engineering. And WS15 is the fruit of decades of tireless hard work and typcial Chinese Patience!

What I find most interesting is neither J20 or WS15 mass production...

What is most exciting is the legions of engineers, scientists and highly skilled technical workforce... this means to me that the maturity level that other countries achieved in more than 70 years... the Chinese did that in 3 decades!

I hope to see courtesy and typical Chinese Morality towards @Deino ... who is a well wisher of China as well. Yes, he can be pain in the backside for his obssession with FACTS and Pictures.. but hey...he can't help it..he is German!

@Shotgunner51 , ah my brother, if our Filial Peity gets too much of ourselves...time to close the thread for a few days..until feelings cool down a bit. PDF is a great place and moderators must be highly esteemed!

@Shotgunner51 , ah my brother, if our Filial Peity gets too much of ourselves...time to close the thread for a few days..until feelings cool down a bit. PDF is a great place and moderators must be highly esteemed!
Good to see less personal emotion here, so this thread can be kept open for J-20 news, images and discussions. For engine contents not specific to J-20, members please post at https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chinese-aero-engine-information-thread.300409/page-40, thanks!

Dear Chinese brethren,

We, who are friends and well wishers of China and Chinese Civlisation, take great delight in the progress that the Chinese People have made in the last 30 years.

It is nothing short of a miracle...but then if the Chinese could build the Great Wall way back...we should never be suprised of any advancement. It is in the Chinese DNA and part of the Confucian Ethics.

Thinking about Confucian Ethecis...isn't it expected of a Chinese gentleman to excercise restraint, be subtle and have nuance in words and deeds? In my view President Xi is that gentleman... he does emody the highest Chinese Values.

Talking about the Chinese Values and upholding of Virtue... let us show to the PDF world the Chinese High Culture and Value System.. I know my friends, brothers, you shall not disappoint this poster.

This spat with @Deino has gone too far now. I can fully understand your feelings of unjust or dishonouring of China by our very good Deino...hence your Filial Peity forces you to challenge him... a bit too much really.

In my view China has nothing to prove to the world but only to itself and to the Chinese People.

Even if the whole world says great things about you, it means nothing. What matters how you esteem yourself.

So let us call it a day.

J20 is a marvel of Chinese Aero-engineering. And WS15 is the fruit of decades of tireless hard work and typcial Chinese Patience!

What is most exciting is the legions of engineers, scientists and highly skilled technical workforce... this means to me that the maturity level that other countries achieved in more than 70 years... the Chinese did that in 3 decades!

I hope to see courtesy and typical Chinese Morality towards @Deino ... who is a well wisher of China as well. Yes, he can be pain in the backside for his obssession with FACTS and Pictures.. but hey...he can't help it..he is German!

They are still young, and stand a chance. New generation of Chins is more agreesive than the older generations, still they are patriotic. But I think our young fellows still need to learn how to face critics . This is just a defence forum, don't ever take anything personal.

For example if Deino don't believe WS15 is ready yet, it doesn't prevent WS15 flying with J20. We don't have to prove anything to everybody, stay cool. Agree to disagree.

CHILLAX

STAY cool and respond cool!

Dear Chinese brethren,

So let us call it a day.

Yesterday I was high with alcohol and having my fun with them Indian members. :rofl:

China Claims Innovation in J-20 Weapons Bay Design

The second prototype of China’s J-20 combat aircraft taxiing with its starboard weapons-bay door open and a PL-10 air-to-air missile protruding. (Photo: Chinese Internet)
J-20 combat aircraft recently demonstrated its missile-launch mechanism, which the Chinese media tout as a simple but “more efficient” design than that of the American F-22.

J-20 number 2002, one of the two prototypes that have been made known to the public, carried a short-range air-to-air missile (AAM) aft of the air intake. The missile, identified as China’s newly developed PL-10, was shown in a video inside the starboard intake weapons bay before being moved outside the airplane by an ejection system. The door of the bay then closed, leaving the missile outside, but still attached to the airframe.

This arrangement is said to allow the missile to be fired in the shortest time possible. In the F-22 design, the door of its side internal weapons bay has to remain open for the launch of a missile, thus possibly compromising its stealth capability. By contrast, the J-20 could stay stealthy throughout the missile-launch process by keeping the bay door closed.

Despite the Chinese media’s acclaim for the J-20’s missile launch mechanism, Chen Kuo-ming, senior editor with the Taiwan-based Defence International magazine, said what’s more important is whether the J-20 could fire short-range AAMs from off-boresight angles as acute as those possible from the F-22. For the moment, the PL-10 does not seem to be comparable to the AIM-9X AAM of the F-22 in respect to off-boresight capability.

The J-20 is expected to begin air-to-air weapons firing tests soon. It carries two short-range PL-10s, one in each air-intake bay, and six to eight medium-range P-12s in the main internal weapons bay below the mid-fuselage.

j-20_missile_rail_01_zps25a12f9d.jpg

Note how the air-to-air missile in the side bay is sticking out but the bay door is closed. This enables the J-20 to have much lower radar signature when engaging and disengaging a potential air target. The arms attached to the missile can retract back within the bay after engaging a target without re-opening the bay doors and small panels will plug back the hole from the arm.

IMG_0583.jpg

Compared to the F-22 side weapon bay that must open during engagement, greatly increasing its radar signature.
http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ina-claims-innovation-j-20-weapons-bay-design

China Claims Innovation in J-20 Weapons Bay Design

SAorry to ask, but what's Your Point !??? This is known since about 2012/13 and even this Report is from 2013 ??? So why this re-post?

Deino

Thanks for the link but again since this piece of report about a report was already quoted so often. This link You potsed surely mocks against the "Russian-engine-theory fans" and hints to the WS-15, but as far as I understand this text and as far as all the friends in China translate this report:

No single word in that TV-report mentions the specific engine type used on the J-20:

- All this report says quite mysteriously, the "J-20 uses a locally manufactured engine" and it merely mentioned Liming factory.
- no single word mentions WS-10B or even WS-15 in clear fashion??

I know You and others will claim again that's the way things get leaked in China, more by telling and reading between the lines than in clear words, but as long no official strictly confirms "the WS-15 is operational on all current J-20s" so long will I wait.

Concerning Your other question: If You look and search out in the last 562 pages You will find the answer I explained already so often. If this is not enough for You then it's fine ... for me the other proves in return are not quite clear enough.

So let's agree to disagree !

Deino

First of all the engine on J-20 is definitely a fully domestic made Chinese engine with zero percent cooperation with Ruskie. Russian in the past has already outright denied any TOT for AL-31F or AL-31FN engines. Russian denied 117S engine to China and even imposed a Su-35 deal tie with limited engines sale which only materialize in late 2016. So Russian uprated engines or tech cooperation/share to China is definitely ruled out for J-20.

If you want to imagine suddenly Russian made a U-turn and allow cooperation and even uprated the AL-31F engines to Chinese require thrust. That is almost impossible. Russian know engine is the last thing they possibly can blackmail the Chinese while Chinese also know engine is also the last piece of critical jigsaw puzzle to complete their picture. They would not allow a foreigner to hold their destiny on their hands. With humble pie experience over Russian tall claim of delivered 38 IL-76 that never materialized. Y-20 is born.

I will firmly believe it will be the same for an A class critical component of engine for J-20. With J-20 inducted for service. Very likely a interim, high thrust domestic ,fully made Chinese,developed and uprated engine is used.

Yang wei(Chief designer) has mentioned of the demonstration of the powerful engine of J-20 during the fly over at Zhuhai 2016 airshow although he never outright say it. Yin Zhuo, a highl level CPC member and ex-admiral(high access to state secret)admit domestic engine is used for J-20 and is powerful.

J-20 demonstrated steep vertical climb without using afterburner which none of the flanker able to achieved with ordinary AL-31F engines. CCTV documentary confirm domestic engine component for J-20 are manufactured and assemble in Shenyang Liming factory. There is no way such cooperation with Ruskie can carry out. The uprated engine project and manufacture is fully carry out alone by Chinese.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom