What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

杜文龙近几年有向张菊方向发展的意思...

Dude, stop acting like those CDers in the air force section. All they can do is to resort the name calling, yet failed to deliver anything substantial.

You once said that nobody can be fully trusted that even includes a fully validated big shrimp like POP3, yet the air force section of the CD forum has plenty of self-proclaimed "big shrimps" with a big mouth. Do you wanna trust these guys' words?

I haven't seen they delivered anything substantial in the past 5 years, except with name calling, rambling, self-contradicting, etc.

I haven't seen they delivered anything substantial in the past 5 years, except with name calling, rambling, self-contradicting, etc.

Seems to be quite a typical behaviour in forums if You can't persuade with arguments ?

Since WS10 has powered J11, I donot see why it cannot be used on J20, which all military fans would like to see it happen. However, if looking from Chengdu's perspective, there is not much incentive for them to use WS10, as it will only add more risks. Their priority is to finish the J20 project on time. Using AL31 wont discount their achievements by much. Also, I remember read it somewhere, the cost of WS10 is not cheaper than AL31.

Since WS10 has powered J11, I donot see why it cannot be used on J20, which all military fans would like to see it happen. However, if looking from Chengdu's perspective, there is not much incentive for them to use WS10, as it will only add more risks. Their priority is to finish the J20 project on time. Using AL31 wont discount their achievements by much. Also, I remember read it somewhere, the cost of WS10 is not cheaper than AL31.
That is not the point. The point is AL-31 do not fit the requirement for J-20 and PLAAF will never fit AL-31F engine on a operation J-20. A higher thrust engine is needed and has demonstrated on J-20 LRIP.

That is not the point. The point is AL-31 do not fit the requirement for J-20 and PLAAF will never fit AL-31F engine on a operation J-20. A higher thrust engine is needed and has demonstrated on J-20 LRIP.

We are talking about a + of 3kn, since You claim the 140kn WS-10B and I say the 137kN AL-31FN Series 3 !!!
And You can see the difference only based on a grainy a-few-seconds-long video clip taken by a handy !! Incredible. :laugh:

Deino

We are talking about a + of 3kn, since You claim the 140kn WS-10B and I say the 137kN AL-31FN Series 3 !!!
And You can see the difference only based on a grainy a-few-seconds-long video clip taken by a handy !! Incredible. :laugh:

Deino
You flip flopping your words/claim of claiming China never import AL-31F M series engine but comes to J-20, you claim M series engines are imported for it. Want me to post back what you wrote?

More or less shows your credibility. :enjoy:

You flip flopping your words/claim of claiming China never import AL-31F M series engine but comes to J-20, you claim M series engines are imported for it. Want me to post back what you wrote?

More or less shows your credibility. :enjoy:
But Mr Beast at the time of initial versions of J-20 WS-10 is not reliable enough to put in J-20 what is your opinion about it?:angel:

But Mr Beast at the time of initial versions of J-20 WS-10 is not reliable enough to put in J-20 what is your opinion about it?:angel:
Its not about not reliable enough but more of expending the AL-31F engines imported. Since they are using on prototype and testing models. Even the J-15 currently use on CV-16 Liaoning are merely to train up qualify carrier pilots. Virtually the engines are using everyday and their lifespan will deplete quickly. And PLAAF and PLAN are expecting more powerful engine. WS-10A are good for J-16, J-11B/BS but not enough to satisfy for J-15 and J-20. They are waiting for WS-10G or B. We will soon see these higher thrust WS-10G equipped the fleet soon.

The real operation J-15A that will be serving the real operation Type001a carrier, is equpped with domestic engine. Very likely the WS-10G/B.

J-15A.jpg

There is a good chance we might see J20 flyby during the coming Zhuhai Airshow. Though there is a possibility this "classifieds aircraft" may turn up to be FC-31. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Wait..... the provider unit is PLA air force , so this "classifieds aircraft" is definitely not FC-31.

886b552dgw1f8lw3rke7dj20m80gr77z.jpg

Try again, guys. Guess where is the gun port.
7343d398gw1f8ecwcnvfpj21212067ea.jpg

Last edited:
There is a good chance we might see J20 flyby during the coming Zhuhai Airshow. Though there is a possibility this "classifieds aircraft" may turn up to be FC-31. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Only ten minutes? Is that enough for a flight show? Take off and landing will probably already use all the time.

Only ten minutes? Is that enough for a flight show? Take off and landing will probably already use all the time.
I can say its J-31 v2. The WS-13E engine is still quite new and not fully mature or too long duration. But it need to showcase itself to win foreign funds for this project to stay on :enjoy:

Acrobatic teams get 40 to 60 minutes, everyone else get 10 minutes, including "classified aircraft".

By the way, last airshow in 2014 got 2 "classified aircraft", which turned up to be Y20 and J31/FC31.

Back
Top Bottom