What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

so apparently the J-20 is the result of extreme engineering, but the f-22 or other fitghters were just stumbled upon by accident....
Right...

In conclusion, the J-20 Mighty Dragon is a superior evolutionary design of its chronological F-22 predecessor.

The canard-delta-wing is a superior evolution? Wonder how could the Chinese explain the same configuration in the XB-70 Valkyrie nearly sixty years ago. This is from the same crowd who asserted that the J-20's all-moving vertical stabs are 'superior' to the classical rudder design despite nearly 100 years of aviation history that anyone can search and verify the absurdity of that assertion.

if it was that easy, the US would've done it already.

dont become ideological lol. just because 1 dumbass said something, doesn't make everything opposite of what he says true.

DSI indeed reduces RCS. whats more to say? the gap between the fuselage and intakes of the F-22 can cause constructive interference. is that not fact? i'm not going to get into the canards thing. the canards may or may not contribute to RCS depending on their material and on the specific shaping. there are critical phenomena that may take place and the canards could be just over or just under some threshhold.

1.DSI indeed reduces RCS.: Its myth and its already busted in the same Forum. Please come with Other Argument.
2. Open/Visible blade Increase RCS: Its also myth. YF23 had similar visible blade (like PAK-FA) still that was better stealth.
3. Gap between engine: I am not sure how it affect RCS.
4. Cancard: I assume it increase RCS, But there whold be some way to counter it.

Unless you meant to tell me that you have a better sense of how J-20 performs in meeting requirements than designer bureau of the aircraft, I am certainly going to trust someone working for the project and rightfully so.
No, I do not and I have consistently advised caution to ANYONE, critic or supporter, about the J-20 until there are more data. But when we more often than advised see claims from the Chinese side that practically defy the laws of physics and/or common sense, I have no problems stepping in to give the lay readers sources on basic principles upon which they could use to guard themselves against lies and deceptions. Sources that the J-20's supporters usually do not bring to the discussion.

Right...

The canard-delta-wing is a superior evolution? Wonder how could the Chinese explain the same configuration in the XB-70 Valkyrie nearly sixty years ago. This is from the same crowd who asserted that the J-20's all-moving vertical stabs are 'superior' to the classical rudder design despite nearly 100 years of aviation history that anyone can search and verify the absurdity of that assertion.

And perhaps they can explain how other research has indeed contemplated canards of different sizes, design, lift etc etc etc
and by complete and utter accident .. with vectored thrust !!!

EC96-43485-3.jpg

and perhaps a canard design is as old as planes almost

XP-55
curtiss-wright-cw-24--xp-55-ascender-1943-usa.gif

strange how X series planes do actually provide scientific information, isn't it ? !!!!

1.DSI indeed reduces RCS.: Its myth and its already busted in the same Forum. Please come with Other Argument.
2. Open/Visible blade Increase RCS: Its also myth. YF23 had similar visible blade (like PAK-FA) still that was better stealth.
3. Gap between engine: I am not sure how it affect RCS.
4. Cancard: I assume it increase RCS, But there whold be some way to counter it.

gap between engine and fuselage: because gap is on order of centimeters comparable to wavelength of waves used in radar there may be constructive interference at some angles.

i dont know how you can say that engines blades dont contribute to RCS; even the super hornet uses engine blade blockers, are the designers dumb?

Two more flights today. THis makes it... I don't know... These flights are significant, however, since the J-20 and the JF-17 performed aerobatic maneuvers for Xi Jinping! Here are the pictures.

HPsA4.jpg

VXLzc.jpg

bUJoD.jpg

mRi8K.jpg

UKHjJ.jpg

:lol: they're all photochops! fake chinese photochops! cant fly! copy of F-22, Mig-1.44, F-117 all at the same time!

J20's flight pics yesterday

WxytWh.jpg

awE2vh.jpg

FNP5Mh.jpg

weapon bay opened
yHXXqh.jpg

all moving verticalfin
CyESFh.jpg

wing testing

IcTCTh.jpg

wkGORh.jpg

我擦,最近黑丝飞的太疯狂了,这两天黑丝的图片多的数不过来,贴不完了--。