What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

201700kxlqwzj6vx1j7n4n.jpg

That's a welcome news! Has mass production begun or is it going to be after incorporating the WS-15?

I don't think that they will wait for the WS-15. I'm sure that J-20 will receive WS-15, but not now. Not after they start to hatched the 2101, (2102?). As changing the engine now will put the J-20 into the development phase all over again.

I think China will produce the initial batch with AL-31 engine. And only when the WS-15 ready, they'll put it into the future batches.

I don't think that they will wait for the WS-15. I'm sure that J-20 will receive WS-15, but not now. Not after they start to hatched the 2101, (2102?). As changing the engine now will put the J-20 into the development phase all over again.

I think China will produce the initial batch with AL-31 engine. And only when the WS-15 ready, they'll put it into the future batches.
But @ChineseTiger1986 said that J-20B flying with WS-15 in 2017?

But @ChineseTiger1986 said that J-20B flying with WS-15 in 2017?

And they will test it again and again. Do you think that putting a new engine to the J-20 would mean that they'll mass produced them immediately? There will a lot of tests after that. And that mean, J-20 will back into the development phase, just like what I said in my previous post. aka, a reschedule for the mass producing phase. We won't see a deployment of the first batch of J-20 in near future.

My point is that they will mass produce the current J-20. At least for the first batch. And after they're sure that WS-15 is good enough for this fighter, then they'll mass produce the next generation of J-20.

And they will test it again and again. Do you think that putting a new engine to the J-20 would mean that they'll mass produced them immediately? There will a lot of tests after that. And that mean, J-20 will back into the development phase, just like what I said in my previous post. aka, a reschedule for the mass producing phase.
definitely but not that much, i think its year and a half

definitely but not that much, i think its year and a half

I won't be as optimistic as you. WS-15 is a new engine. They need to make sure that this new engine is reliable enough for the new fighters before they can accept it. And this safety test will require a lot of time to accomplished. So If they really want to skip the current version of J-20, we can expect that they will mass produce the J-20 longer than what you're predicted.

I won't be as optimistic as you. WS-15 is a new engine. They need to make sure that this new engine is reliable enough for the new fighters before they can accept it. And this safety test will require a lot of time to accomplished. So If they really want to skip the current version of J-20, we can expect that they will mass produce the J-20 longer than what you're predicted.
So what is your estimation for J-20B to be mass produce?

J-10 was first delivered in 2003 but made public in 2006.

Again agreed, but in at least constant intervals we got some updates, even a few images showing them with their "then" two-digit pre-serial numbers. I remember when I was collecting them ...

You are surely correct ... all I have is to wait. But I hate waiting.

Deino

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom