What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Basically the Eurofighter came from the Mig 1.44

640px-MiG144_left_side.jpg

Is that Mig 1.44? If so, how could somebody said that J-20 is the copy of this bird?

Is that Mig 1.44? If so, how could somebody said that J-20 is the copy of this bird?
Well Professor Gambit didn't exactly said it was a copy, he claims that the J-20 derived from the Mig 1.44. Chinese used the Mig 1.44 as the basis and developed into what is known as the J-20.

640px-Mig-144.png

mig-144_j-20.jpg

Well Professor Gambit didn't exactly said it was a copy, he claims that the J-20 derived from the Mig 1.44. Chinese used the Mig 1.44 as the basis and developed into what is known as the J-20.

640px-Mig-144.png

mig-144_j-20.jpg
i don't think it is based on MIG1.44 more likely that it was based of early US JAST concept

There you go...!!! Was that too hard ? I will admit, you guys occasionally do surprise me at understanding things technical.

Now let us try something harder. Is 'pitch' a reference to the horizon or to the aircraft ?

Except another commentor already pointed out the J9, which predates the MiG 1.44 for decades.

Except another commentor already pointed out the J9, which predates the MiG 1.44 for decades.
Decades ? All the more reasons the J-20's designer would use the MIG 1.44 as reference.

j-9_mig-144_j-20_zpsjsfjgkuf.jpg

Do you think AM General used WW II era Willys MB as a reference in designing the HMMWV, aka 'Humvee' ?

When you have a large delta wing, what happens at high AoA ? How about loss of airflow across the vertical stab, which leads to decreased control in the yaw axis ? That is why the small F-16 have such a oversized vertical stab compared to its cropped delta wing, which gave the F-16 its 25.5 deg AoA limit.

Twin vertical stabs placed off center offers the superior solution for high AoA plus yaw axis stability and control. See the American F-14, F-15, F-15, and F-18 fighters. All with twin vertical stabs. The F-16 is the exception due to its already small size. No structural room for twin vertical stabs, hence an oversized single.

Decades ? All the more reasons the J-20's designer would use the MIG 1.44 as reference.

j-9_mig-144_j-20_zpsjsfjgkuf.jpg

Do you think AM General used WW II era Willys MB as a reference in designing the HMMWV, aka 'Humvee' ?

When you have a large delta wing, what happens at high AoA ? How about loss of airflow across the vertical stab, which leads to decreased control in the yaw axis ? That is why the small F-16 have such a oversized vertical stab compared to its cropped delta wing, which gave the F-16 its 25.5 deg AoA limit.

Twin vertical stabs placed off center offers the superior solution for high AoA plus yaw axis stability and control. See the American F-14, F-15, F-15, and F-18 fighters. All with twin vertical stabs. The F-16 is the exception due to its already small size. No structural room for twin vertical stabs, hence an oversized single.

Gambit, you might find the origine of J-20 design in this paper :
http://xinsheng-image.huawei.com/cn...7216a-24298169-forum-0/一种小展弦比高升力飞机的气动布局研究.pdf

I do remember that a couple of years ago, the director of MiG had already formally denied any technical transfert or consultation to AVIC around next Gen fighter technologies.

J-10 is derivated from J-9 design, this is official and clearly notified. And J-9 (from I to IV) was developed between 1965 and 1976. This is also tracked in AVIC historical archive.

To all, please kindly refer your discussion based on facts, and not "I think that" or just comparison of 2 photos. Otherwise we could also say that SLS is based on CZ-9 design, American is just European from 18th century, or Chinese is copy of Monkey... All ridiculous.

Henri K.

Then simply from the way you speculated, do you say the MIG 1.44 used J9 as reference? Personally, I don't know how an aircraft engineer used another aircraft as reference without having the blueprint at hand. At best you can say the MIG 1.44 was an inspiration to J20, but definitely not a reference.

Then simply from the way you speculated, do you say the MIG 1.44 used J9 as reference? Personally, I don't know how an aircraft engineer used another aircraft as reference without having the blueprint at hand. At best you can say the MIG 1.44 was an inspiration to J20, but definitely not a reference.
This tells me that you have no experience in R/D and manufacturing, and probably watch too many bad movies.

Am going to give you a clue: There is no such thing as a 'blueprint' in aviation.

You want to see a 'blueprint' ? Go look at the bicycle.

People toss the word 'blueprint' around as if they know what they are talking about. An aircraft is a million times more complex than a bicycle. It is not possible to have a single printout of an aircraft that give details to the many subsystems necessary to make that aircraft flyable.

Back
Top Bottom