What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

does j20 have any type of mid air refueling system.

Yes Dear...
j-20-2013-ifr-probe-jpg.288657

just scroll back two pages it was shared.

Two more ...

J-20 2101 - 26.1.16 - 4.jpg
J-20 2101 - 26.1.16 - 5.jpg

I know there are few out there who still hope and even insist that the J-20 is powered by the WS-10 or even a secret WS-1X .... at least for me the issue is long clear and here another proof !

J-20 2101 - claerly AL-31FN vs. WS-10B.jpg

Two more ...

View attachment 289848 View attachment 289849

I know there are few out there who still hope and even insist that the J-20 is powered by the WS-10 or even a secret WS-1X .... at least for me the issue is long clear and here another proof !

View attachment 289850

Would love to see this beauty flying in PLAAF colors after production.

However, Sir, the AL-31 FN has both configuration like with and without TVC? or it is just straight without TVC?
Regards,

What about no pink canopy on this one?

Would love to see this beauty flying in PLAAF colors after production.

However, Sir, the AL-31 FN has both configuration like with and without TVC? or it is just straight without TVC?
Regards,

What about no pink canopy on this one?

So far the FN is not available - at least operational - with TVC ... as such I don't think the J-20 uses it.

Regarding the canopy I don't know what You mean with "pink" ... IMO it is more "golden" and since 2017 clearly has that one, I'm also sure that 2101 has it too; we only have so far no decent close-ups.

The #2016 black nozzles...

EE14lE9.jpg

zdenZZC.jpg

do not look like the #2101 nozzles.

2hdM364.jpg

In fact, the #2101 nozzles look like AL-31FM1 to me. I'm not saying they are. I'm saying that's what it looks like.

ZymjFeg.jpg

Also we now have a fairly clear shot of the silver #2017 nozzles. These are NOT AL-31FN. Just look at the nozzle petal shape and arrangement. They are different.

TbuDc2D.jpg

The mystery deepens.

No ... that is simply an AL-31FN or a special version and I don not understand why all technical identical details are ignored and the colour alone is the one and only "thing" to say it is not an AL-31 ???

This colour - either black, charcoal or silverfish - is simply a different coating in order to reduce IR- or radar issues.

I would bet my membership here ... I will resign as a mod and even as a poster here !

But anyway ... we are all old enough to believe what we want to believe.

Deino

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom