What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Officials from AVIC clearly stated that China will make it's own jet engines for J-10 and J-20 models. Jet engine is a bottleneck in Chinese aviation industry. That's why they have imported the Russian Saturn AL-31 engines and installed it to J-10s. If it wasn't the case than J-10 will probably be around in 2015 which would be very funny and humiliating.

"During the first phase, which will conclude by the end of 2015 if everything goes well, we will strive to ensure our air force's aircraft be equipped with proper engines and to lift our development capability to that of the developed countries' level in the 1980s. The second phase will witness us substantially narrowing the technological gap between developed countries and us. And by the end of the last phase, our engines will be as advanced as theirs."

I can't post the source as link since I didn't fill the message quota to post it. But it's a news from chinadaily and if anyone interested I can send it from private. As soon as I post 15 messaged I will edit this post and put the link for the source.

From this official announcement we can understand that in 2015 China will have the engine technology to fly a 4th gen fighter which is J-10. By 2020 they will have the technology to fly a 5th gen. fighter which is J-20 and J-31 and if everything goes as planned they will have the jet engine to fly a 6 gen. fighter by 2030.
What about J-11B, J-15, J-15S and J-16. Do you have an idea what engine is running?

What about J-11B, J-15, J-15S and J-16. Do you have an idea what engine is running?

Recently there are two new J-10B pre-production prototype, one uses the WS-10X engine, while another one still uses the AL-31FN engine.

This is expected, since according to some military insiders, the first batch of J-10B will still use the AL-31FN engine just like the first batch of J-11B back in 2007.

Recently there are two new J-10B pre-production prototype, one uses the WS-10X engine, while another one still uses the AL-31FN engine.

This is expected, since according to some military insiders, the first batch of J-10B will still use the AL-31FN engine just like the first batch of J-11B back in 2007.

Can't help but wonder what is taking them so long to field the J-10Bs.

J-11 B is a solid 4th generation fighter. J-15 is a carrier based 4.5 generation fighter. J-16 is a generation 4.5 fighter. All these fighters needs the 1980's engine technology to fly. It's a standart. By 2015 if everything goes fine with AVIC's plan than you will have all of your 4th / 4.5th generation fighters flying with Chinese engines in the sky.

Cross sectional drawing of how J-20's side bay mechanism works by a Chinese military fan. The design approach is markedly different from that of the F-22 since the guide rail appears to "drop down" after the bay door opens.

¼ß20²àµ¯²Õ·¢Éä¸ñ¶·µ¯µÄ·½Ê½ÓëF22Ã÷ÏÔ²»Í¬£¬ÊÇÐýתʽµ¯¼Ü£¬µ¯¼ÜÐý³ö²ÕÃÅ¿ÉÒԹرգ¬...-¿Õ¾ü°æ-³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳-×î¾ßÓ°ÏìÁ¦¾üÊÂÂÛ̳ -

Courtesy of 雄鹰展翅.

VOpaV6e.jpg

:azn:

050617b07nv35qycvkal7l.gif

Now this is miles ahead of what F-22 has for firing side-bay missiles。

Hey,we might as well use the mechanism to air-luanch our beloved rockets。:yahoo:

i don't like the boasting crap here in this thread, but this one deserve credit.

--
f22
nellis08f220402463lb.jpg

How many Missiles can J20 carry and F22 ? These Internal bays Hardly look they can carry more than a couple.

How many Missiles can J20 carry and F22 ? These Internal bays Hardly look they can carry more than a couple.

Based on my data (gathered from CJDBY, FYJS, and other Chinese military sites) the J-20 will carry 5-6 medium range AA missiles and 2 IR missiles. The load is enough for its intended purpose.

Based on my data (gathered from CJDBY, FYJS, and other Chinese military sites) the J-20 will carry 5-6 medium range AA missiles and 2 IR missiles. The load is enough for its intended purpose.

There was news floating around (Can't remember maybe on sina, cjdby and huitong) about two different engines being tested on the J-20 at the same time, some speculate it was the WS-15 any truth to this ?

There was news floating around (Can't remember maybe on sina, cjdby and huitong) about two different engines being tested on the J-20 at the same time, some speculate it was the WS-15 any truth to this ?

Unfortunately they are just that, rumors. They first started during summer 2011 when the J-20 (2001) was spotted with different colored engine nozzles. Eventually the wall climbers determined that one of the nozzles was simply blackened by exhaust and that there was no difference between the two engines. Some of the old photos got dug up recently and the story was subsequently rehashed.

The WS-15 hasn't even started mid-air testing yet. It will be highly usual for the J-20 to use an unproven engine during such a critical stage of test flight.

:azn:

050617b07nv35qycvkal7l.gif

Now this is miles ahead of what F-22 has for firing side-bay missiles。

Hey,we might as well use the mechanism to air-luanch our beloved rockets。:yahoo:

gr8 stuff this mechanism solves the problem of weapons bay creating a lot of rcs when opened. ...awsome stuff frm china

Back
Top Bottom