What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J-10B from the north unveiled for the 1st time 北方的歼-10B首次曝光
EJ4E3G0.jpg

Comparing A with B
TWIGcf4.jpg
UnIE6MU.jpg

I finally have close-up, high-resolution pictures of the AL-31FN Series 3 from J-10B #10537.

Close enough for me to see the nozzle petal shape and arrangement.
Now I am certain something strange is going on with the J-10B/C engine.

Sorry, but IMO they are not very much different. at least nor shape-wise ... care to explain what You mean ?

Let's use a slightly different angle.

J-10B #10537.

Sxa1gFE.jpg

Unmarked J-10B.

HzO7cSE.jpg

I'm willing to say that there are no Russian engines (in the AL-31 family) with petal shape and arrangement as the picture shown directly above. I have walkaround pictures of the AL-31F, AL-31FM1, 117S, AL-31FN, and now AL-31FN Series 3.

Let's use a slightly different angle.

J-10B #10537.

Sxa1gFE.jpg

Unmarked J-10B.

HzO7cSE.jpg

I'm willing to say that there are no Russian engines (in the AL-31 family) with petal shape and arrangement as the picture shown directly above. I have walkaround pictures of the AL-31F, AL-31FM1, 117S, AL-31FN, and now AL-31FN Series 3.

Honestly ... they are 100% the same: The number of pedals, the intersections, the markings, even the always two screws on the forward ring, the blueish colour due to heating and so on. The only thing I notice different is that on top these inner pedals look like bending outward (since the nozzle is fully open) whereas on the bottom they bent inwards (since the nozzle is closed). A feature that can be seen also on this engine on the Flankers.

Honestly from these to images to deduct that this should be a secret Chinese engine is way beyond ...

Let's start with the AL-31FN as an example. I want people to focus on the section of the nozzle with blue petals. The petals are not always blue. But they do happen to be blue in most of the older pictures of the AL-31FN.

p7hUiYf.jpg

Notice that there is a 'double layer' arrangement of petals in this section. There is a top layer and a bottom layer. I've highlighted the two layers in the picture above. All Russian engines in the AL-31 family have this 'double layer' characteristic as far as I know.

The 'double layer' arrangement is also present in the AL-31FN Series 3, which showed up at Zhuhai 2016.

Sxa1gFE.jpg

Now look at the engine on the unmarked J-10B below. Do you see the 'double layer' petal arrangement? I sure don't.

tOzLDiR.jpg

HzO7cSE.jpg

It is important to understand that the same engine coming from the same production line should have no differences at all. The engine would be assembled from the same number of parts using the same production process. Therefore, even slight differences are suspicious.

The important thing is that the pictures are up for all to see. I want people to look at the engines and come to their own conclusions.

p7hUiYf.jpg

Now look at the engine on the unmarked J-10B below. Do you see the 'double layer' petal arrangement? I sure don't.

It is important to understand that the same engine coming from the same production line should have no differences at all. The engine would be assembled from the same number of parts using the same production process. Therefore, even slight differences are suspicious.

The important thing is that the pictures are up for all to see. I want people to look at the engines and come to their own conclusions.

I surely do ??? Not sure why You don't !!! They are exactly the same ... and even more different to any WS-10. So how You can assume this to be a Chinese engines I really don't get ?
J-10B nozzle layers.jpg

AL-31FN nozzle layers.jpg

Why don't they fit the the damn WS10 on J10c? Maybe we shall not expect too much from WS10, just wait for WS15. If they can't put WS10 on J10b/c, it means it isn't good enough for single engine fighter. Long way to go.

Why don't they fit the the damn WS10 on J10c? Maybe we shall not expect too much from WS10, just wait for WS15. If they can't put WS10 on J10b/c, it means it isn't good enough for single engine fighter. Long way to go.
It's not just simple as you think. If chief designer of J-20 Yang Wei can be sack too. You can imagine the powers struggle behind AVIC.

Back
Top Bottom