What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

That's the point! If these additional F16s (afaik initially 2 x squads were planned) came in time they would have been good for a longer period of time, but now with the delays, the operational limitations wrt to tankers, AWACS linking, or no possibility of customisations, makes Chinese fighters better for PAFs future and they can offer the same or even better performance within the next 2 to 3 years. So why would PAF waste more money on additional F16 B52s, instead on J10Bs, which should be a more capable too?
Even the addition of second hand Block 50s hardly makes sense anymore, when JF 17 B2 is about to arrive and when we add the possibility of J21 towards the end of this decade, PAF really has better options.

So these B52s "now" bridges the time till the olders are upgraded and the JF 17s are inducted, for the next few years and with the addition of J10B and JF17 B3 they will be outdated until they might get AESA upgrades.

u r entiled to your view.
F16 is a late 70's design and after nearly 35 years remains a front-line fighter and will so for at least 2 decades. upgrades and MLU's can do wonders to the airframe and fighter performance. the LM production line has many back-orders esp. if Taiwan gets new aircraft.
F16 program remains critical for the PAF, even with the upgrades you have mentioned for the chinese platforms.

thats why PAF didnt went for new ones however refurbished ones, PAF would definitely go for them.
remember there is no substitute for a plateform you operated for such a long time becuase of the experience you have gained in operating it plus the on infrastruture you already have..so given the choice F-16 would still be PAF favourite..
mu guess is that PAF might end up with 100 F-16s..critical period will be next few years how the political situation plays out

F-16 will remain frontline fighter/interceptor untill PAF replaces them with 5th G fighter.

cheng-du-j10a-wallpapers_17358_1024x768.jpg

DEDICATED TO JF17 + J10B , Pakistani AIR FORCE .....

And F16 C/D ....

pakistan-air-force-weapon-systems.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sancho,

I never said it before----but what have you been on lately----. F16 blk 52 is an extremely superior fighter aircraft---and with the operational aim120 that it carries---its reach is extremely phenominal. F16 blk was produced 30 years ago----but not the blk 52---it is a brand new machine with a newer engine and newer electronics.

See---in current day warfare---the aircraft does not need to be brand spanking new all the time---if it has extremely potent air to air missiles--- electronic warfare suite---a good radar and awacs support. Blk52 is still the aircraft of choice for so many air forces---.

If it was upto me---I would have had 125---150 BLK 52's and MLU's----250 JF17's and 75 FC 20's.

We offer franchise. You can raise your income up to $1000. (11404)
if you are interested to open a franchise in your locality then apply now.
For franchises $600. We are offering open worldwide franchise.
Eazy2earn for best solution provider. For more detail visit:Eazy2earn.com

Isn't advertising banned, dude??

u r entiled to your view.
F16 is a late 70's design and after nearly 35 years remains a front-line fighter and will so for at least 2 decades. upgrades and MLU's can do wonders to the airframe and fighter performance. the LM production line has many back-orders esp. if Taiwan gets new aircraft.
F16 program remains critical for the PAF, even with the upgrades you have mentioned for the chinese platforms.

No, it's just a realistic assessment of F16s capability, compared to JF 17 B2 onwards and J10B onwards in PAF during the next let say 5 years. Not having the capability of beeing refuelled in air, or carrying stand off A2G weapons makes these F16s operationally limited and you can't compare PAF with Taiwanese air force, since they don't get new fighters types. For them the F16 will remain the frontline fighter and theirs might be even more capable than PAFs since AESA and some other upgrades seems to be on the list, but PAF get the same with modernised JF 17 and J10 versions and that's the big difference!

Sancho,

I never said it before----but what have you been on lately----. F16 blk 52 is an extremely superior fighter aircraft---and with the operational aim120 that it carries---its reach is extremely phenominal.

But compare to what? An J10B with new engines, reduced RCS, upgraded SD 10s, extended endurance thanks to mid air refuelling and possibly even AESA?
They are good fighters today no doubt about that, but the fact is, PAF didn't get the most capable versions, not even weapons (AIM 9M, not 9X and AIM 120 C5 and not D), which would made them more comparable to what PAF gets with coming JF 17 and J10 versions (around 2015).

Hassan

You are absolutely right but somehow my un- scientific mind can not comprehend that how an F-16 (which we have in limited quantities and would not get more given the US back stabing policies) and JFT can defend against more powerfull twine engine aircrafts. I know it will be expensive to have twine engine fighters but nothing more important then the defense of our motherland.

Following is a quote from another posters comments which describe my own feelings and thoughts

"If Pakistan has sensible, literate and intelligent Air Command it should realise by now that real threat can not only come from the Eastern border but is more dangerously present now at the Western front as far West as Israel or more given the aggressive and hostile military presence of USA and NATO and subversive Israeli MOSSAD presence inside Pakistan.

Pakistan can no longer afford to invest in antiquated stupid but expensive war toys like the F-16 (intelligently rejected by India) with built in tracer bugs and kill buttons and the badly designed overweight JF-17 with Russian under-powered smoky engine.

If it is serious, given the current and the developing defence panorama Pakistan now needs a truly lethal multi-range multi-role Air Force equipped with up to date air craft like F-15, F-18, Eurofighter, Rafale, MIG-31, MIG-35, SU-27, etc., and not more junk like J-10B with very limited capabilities to meet Pakistan EAST-WEST-NORTH-SOUTH increasingly war-prone requirements."

I can't believe that Air Forces of Indonesia, Venezuela and Uganda even have SU30s and what we got?

Instead of 250 JFT and 150 J10B, I would rather have 36 Su30 or SU35 and 36 J11bs. 100 JFT and 36 J10b along with 36 SU 30 and 36 J11b may just cost us the same amount of money but would give us parity (not in numbers but in technology and capabilities) with the modern Air Forces in our region.

And please no more nuclear deterrent. We have enough of that. I beleive God has provided us a chance in the form of Putins visit and we should take advantage of it. Just my opinion.

In my last trip back home (February this year) I had the privilege of meeting and talking to a fine brave pilot of PAF and believe me as per that fine young man morals are down. And I don't blame him. I mean no matter how good of a shooter you are, you don't have much of chance if you only have 9mm Glock and your opposition have a machine gun.

I am requesting all the forum members to think about it. And let us start a campaign and do what ever we can in our capacity. Write letters emails to PAF and Government etc. May Allaha make us realise that what needed to be done. Nothing is impossible. We just need to believe and do the right thing.

i agree with most of it but.. f-16 still is comparable to all jets u named... u think israel,turkey's airforces are not modern

and also mig-31 is old crap instead.. u should write jas 39 grippen...

i agree with most of it but.. f-16 still is comparable to all jets u named... u think israel,turkey's airforces are not modern

and also mig-31 is old crap instead.. u should write jas 39 grippen...

Israel operates F16I, which is the most advanced version yet. Turkey is getting 100 F35.

Back
Top Bottom