What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

good point;; as far as I study for decades, here's the base;; china and pakistan has traditionally traded in the barter payment because pakistan has NO money and china still wants to sell;; and they NEVER publicize how such barter payment works, so basically people could NOT know the deal in detail;; however, the timeline is the strongest evidence for the barter payment between china and pakistan;; in case of arms trades, just over one hundreds of JF17 are still being deployed in pakistan since 2007;; first type 054A class frigate is now deployed in pakistan after it first ordered in 2016 (Pakistan shops for warships to replace British frigates, modernize Navy (armytimes.com));; plus eight of yuan class submarines are scheduled to be deployed in 2028 since it first ordered in 2015 (Defence cooperation: Pakistan to buy eight submarines from China (tribune.com.pk));; such small jets and ships typically took only few years for china but they would take longer than decades for its delivery to pakistan;; china surely adjusts its arms deliveries to pakistan while both progress in big economic projects like china-pakistan-economic-corridor (CPEC), so the bigger economic projects, the bigger arms sales between china and pakistan;; massive arms industry surely takes a lot of costs and it is making money for china

soon? so please tell me when it would

again, because such pop-ups always go around since 2008;; okay, be await and let see again;; I'm sure that china has constantly rejected pakistani price offers for J10 since 2008
off topic, but are you from Korea?

I'm sure that china has constantly rejected pakistani price offers for J10 since 2008
Most of Pakistani purchases from PRC are funded by credit line given by PRC and payments in installments,Pakistan was trying to get F-16 used one's or new but after repeated failures,seems like it has given up and has sought to obtain J-10,there is strategic alliance between PRC and IRP not a usual buyer/seller relationship.
in case of arms trades, just over one hundreds of JF17 are still being deployed in pakistan since 2007;;
There are more than 130 active in Pakistan and 150+ total,Pakistan is producing them inhouse.

off topic, but are you from Korea?
surely on topic, regarding pakistan with J10;; yes I'm korean
Most of Pakistani purchases from PRC are funded by credit line given by PRC and payments in installments,Pakistan was trying to get F-16 used one's or new but after repeated failures,seems like it has given up and has sought to obtain J-10,there is strategic alliance between PRC and IRP not a usual buyer/seller relationship.

There are more than 130 active in Pakistan and 150+ total,Pakistan is producing them inhouse.
pakistan should know china mostly stopped giving free aid to poor friends after the first chinese leader Mao Zedong (毛泽东);; since then the next leader Deng Xiaoping (邓小平) asks something in return when it trades, so china thereafter;; big arms making costs a lot and china pays them for its own army;; yes it is strategic alliance between china and pakistan;; while US, russia, and europe are all friendly with india, pakistan really needs friend;; neighboring china is the world's biggest trader and it wants shorter trade route (one-road-one-belt);; china put tens of billions of dollars on pakistani infrastructure (CPEC) in last few years;; CPEC is the largest foreign direct investment (FDI) in chinese history

Last edited:

... and the most interesting point, still running on AL-31FN. But we haven't heard for any new Sino-Russian AL-31F and FN contract since years, but still they build J-10AS and J-15s at SAC which are using Russian engines.
I wonder, if a possible next contract for AL-31s is signed, is it likely it would be for replacing the older model's engines?
Also @Deino, what do you think of the J-10D rumours as per Huitong's blog?

I wonder, if a possible next contract for AL-31s is signed, is it likely it would be for replacing the older model's engines?
Also @Deino, what do you think of the J-10D rumours as per Huitong's blog?

In fact I find these - especially the recent - rumours very sceptical. IMO it makes no sense to develop yet another semi-stealthy J-10 variant as claimed in the first round of rumours and illustrated by some CGs. You cannot make the J-10 a stealth fighter simply by making the radome canted and adding CFTs.

These latest rumours are IMO different since they mention something more multiole as if it would have a different wing, more hard-points or whatever ... overall I believe it only when I see it.

In fact I find these - especially the recent - rumours very sceptical. IMO it makes no sense to develop yet another semi-stealthy J-10 variant as claimed in the first round of rumours and illustrated by some CGs. You cannot make the J-10 a stealth fighter simply by making the radome canted and adding CFTs.

These latest rumours are IMO different since they mention something more multiole as if it would have a different wing, more hard-points or whatever ... overall I believe it only when I see it.
611 hands are full. I think the competition is so fierce that, they would better work on 6th gen fighter instead of J-10D.
601 already has another 5th gen fighter in test, no point to waste more resource.

Modify Navy J-35 to land is easy.

611 hands are full. I think the competition is so fierce that, they would better work on 6th gen fighter instead of J-10D.
601 already has another 5th gen fighter in test, no point to waste more resource.

If China has plan for single engine stealth fighter, it will be totally new fighter built from scratch bearing different number designation.

If there's J-10D, it won't be stealth version but more of enlarged version to carry more missiles/bombs with provision for CFT. More of Gripen NG or F-16XL style enlarged variant.

If China has plan for single engine stealth fighter, it will be totally new fighter built from scratch bearing different number designation.

If there's J-10D, it won't be stealth version but more of enlarged version to carry more missiles/bombs with provision for CFT. More of Gripen NG or F-16XL style enlarged variant.
Is it possible to modify J20 unman Royal Wingman to man single engine stealth multirole fighter?

The truth is not. They simply don't care

Assume what happens if China decides to develop J-10D. The amount is a few billion dollars, it is a very small number compared to China's annual GDP and military budget. It will bring a lot of jobs for Chinese designers, engineers, workers. During the J-10D development process, China will gain new knowledge and experience.

If the investment for the J-10D is wasting resources, the same is true for Su-35, S-400 and Mil-171. At least most of the money in the J-10D program will be paid to indigenous workers, engineers and suppliers. It differs from buying S-400, SU-35, MI-171 when money is given to foreign countries.

Is it possible to modify J20 unman Royal Wingman to man single engine stealth multirole fighter?

J-20 is the current twin engine stealth fighter? Unmanmed loyal wingman is UCAV can't modify. Better they build a new aircraft

Assume what happens if China decides to develop J-10D. The amount is a few billion dollars, it is a very small number compared to China's annual GDP and military budget. It will bring a lot of jobs for Chinese designers, engineers, workers. During the J-10D development process, China will gain new knowledge and experience.

If the investment for the J-10D is wasting resources, the same is true for Su-35, S-400 and Mil-171. At least most of the money in the J-10D program will be paid to indigenous workers, engineers and suppliers. It differs from buying S-400, SU-35, MI-171 when money is given to foreign countries.

Converting j-10D into stealth aircraft requires total redesign, not feasible. Better they start another new fighter programme.

Last edited:

1. Su-35, only squadron. No more orders. Several billions to get hand on latest version of Flanker is good.
  2. Currently, China is operating PLA S-300PMU2 Favorit. S-400 is not an upgrade of S-300. S-400 is a system which can manage S-300 system in a theater. It's a multiplier.
    1638102909654.png
  3. China need Mil-171, while Russia military complex has the capacity. It's win-win. US doesn't make everything they require, neither.

China doesn't need a stealthy J-10. Spend the money elsewhere, is more productive.

good point;; as far as I study for decades, here's the base;; china and pakistan has traditionally traded in the barter payment because pakistan has NO money and china still wants to sell;; and they NEVER publicize how such barter payment works, so basically people could NOT know the deal in detail;; however, the timeline is the strongest evidence for the barter payment between china and pakistan;; in case of arms trades, just over one hundreds of JF17 are still being deployed in pakistan since 2007;; first type 054A class frigate is now deployed in pakistan after it first ordered in 2016 (Pakistan shops for warships to replace British frigates, modernize Navy (armytimes.com));; plus eight of yuan class submarines are scheduled to be deployed in 2028 since it first ordered in 2015 (Defence cooperation: Pakistan to buy eight submarines from China (tribune.com.pk));; such small jets and ships typically took only few years for china but they would take longer than decades for its delivery to pakistan;; china surely adjusts its arms deliveries to pakistan while both progress in big economic projects like china-pakistan-economic-corridor (CPEC), so the bigger economic projects, the bigger arms sales between china and pakistan;; massive arms industry surely takes a lot of costs and it is making money for china

soon? so please tell me when it would

again, because such pop-ups always go around since 2008;; okay, be await and let see again;; I'm sure that china has constantly rejected pakistani price offers for J10 since 2008
You are very ill informed and need to learn how to use a semi colon.

Back
Top Bottom