What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

hum nice to hear that and any AESA contenders????????

what defferences are you expecting in FC-20???

the FC 20 is going to be an aircraft tailor made for PAF! it will suit our maintainance facilities and will be compaitable with most of westren system. the actual specs are not known as yet but i expect it to have better radar and may even a slightly improved engine. there is no doubt that the J10 in itself is a great plane and PAF wont be seeking much upgrades into the FC20 and rather then upgrades there will be odifications to suit our requirments, this most importantly means compatibility with westren systems!

regards!

We don't know the specs of this plane but the different between FC-20 and the regular J-10 would be in better Radar, Navigation system and weapons.

Additionally, the engine is like to change as well. There might be other things too but we do not know about it yet.

yes, that the way it is supposed to develop! it may not incorporate westren systems but will be compaitable with them. FC 20 will be a case of modification done to J10 to suit PAF rather then upgradations to take it to another level! as far as weapons are considered, yes, it may well be modified to fire westren origin weapons along with the chines ones!

regards!

the FC 20 is going to be an aircraft tailor made for PAF! it will suit our maintainance facilities and will be compaitable with most of westren system. the actual specs are not known as yet but i expect it to have better radar and may even a slightly improved engine. there is no doubt that the J10 in itself is a great plane and PAF wont be seeking much upgrades into the FC20 and rather then upgrades there will be odifications to suit our requirments, this most importantly means compatibility with westren systems!

regards!

yes! FC-20 is changing all the time, and better and better~~~
FC-20 has learn much from JF-17 like its air intake
I also believe that JF-17 will be better

Attachments

• 15568280_2009072108550383701900.jpg
    15568280_2009072108550383701900.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 27_5445_9678ae5c2bd26e2.jpg
    27_5445_9678ae5c2bd26e2.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 65
do we know if the fc20 will have tvc for a fact or not

We can't be 100% sure until we actually see it with TVC, decisions are changed all the time.
All we know right now is that Air Chief Marshal Tanvir M. Ahmad told a newspaper that FC-20 would have "Russian TVC technology".

We also know the Chinese are making a 3D TVC nozzle for their engines:
www.kanwa.com 4G fighter engine, TVC nozzle

Is there going to be AL-31F powering FC-20? Hell no! IAF is gonna be furious about it better to have M-88 and what about the new russian AL-41F it has supercruise capability as well ;)

We can't be 100% sure until we actually see it with TVC, decisions are changed all the time.
All we know right now is that Air Chief Marshal Tanvir M. Ahmad told a newspaper that FC-20 would have "Russian TVC technology".

We also know the Chinese are making a 3D TVC nozzle for their engines:
www.kanwa.com 4G fighter engine, TVC nozzle

if everything is ok with russian engine then we may be getting the TVC! i say this because the chines TVC will still not be mature by the time we start getting the FC20 and therefore it is more likely to happen if the russian can give it to us!
as a first thought it may come to many mindes that rusians wont have any problem in supplying us with engines as they have already done so for the JF17 engine despite all the efforts of india! but, on the other hand we may face a different scenario! with a tender and deal of 126 MRCA on the cards and Mig35 as contender the russians might not be willing to upset the indians and indians on the other hand may keep on delaying the project just to spoil any Pak-China-Russia relations/deal!

regards!

if everything is ok with russian engine then we may be getting the TVC! i say this because the chines TVC will still not be mature by the time we start getting the FC20 and therefore it is more likely to happen if the russian can give it to us!
as a first thought it may come to many mindes that rusians wont have any problem in supplying us with engines as they have already done so for the JF17 engine despite all the efforts of india! but, on the other hand we may face a different scenario! with a tender and deal of 126 MRCA on the cards and Mig35 as contender the russians might not be willing to upset the indians and indians on the other hand may keep on delaying the project just to spoil any Pak-China-Russia relations/deal!

regards!
Ok what else then?

regards!

The Chinese engine might well be mature by the delivery date 2014-15. They have ~5 years to develop it and according to the Chinese, they are already flying WS-10A in some fighters. They are even developing new engines based on it for larger transport aircraft.

What a miracle that Pakistani FC20 will be delivered in 2014-2015... ;)

to me it looks like other engine than Russian one perhaps that's the main reason to me
But which other engine than the AL 31 (between 120 - 130 Kn thrust), or an Chinese would be usefull?
M88 from Rafale - only 75 Kn with afterburner so far

EJ 200 from EF - reports for LCA MK 2 engines say something between 90 and 100 Kn

GE 414 from F18SH - 98 Kn, but latest reports officially talks about a 20% increase

F100-PW-229 from F16 block 52 - 129 Kn

and the Saturn 117 from the latest Su 35 - 142 Kn

The only engine which wouldn't mean a setback in thrust would be the US (which are more than unlikely) and the Saturn 117, which I personally doubt, because I think it will be on offer for MKI upg.

Will be interesting to see what the final specs will look like (what radar, what engine).

Back
Top Bottom