What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Too many photos from too many different angles for the recent J-10B pics to be fake.

Looks like the project is moving along on time, and will begin to be delivered to Pakistan as soon as it enters PLAAF serial production.

I guess PLAAF will take as many as can be built before ~2014-2015, then make deliveries to PAF too?

The problem is the exact date of the pics. But it cannot be far from this moment looking at vegetation around the airport. Maybe someone can help us with that (How long ago was the vegetation in Chengdu exact the same as we see on pics?)

About the release order... The first pics were engine startup pics. One can see clearly people watching closely and plane parked at a normal parking spot. These latest show that plane is doing high speed taxi tests. Mostly one month before first flight. Some of the pics with plane up in the air cannot be true cause the first flight is always with gear down... And looking at the fact that there is no pilot in the cockpit these are probably wrong.

The problem is the exact date of the pics. But it cannot be far from this moment looking at vegetation around the airport. Maybe someone can help us with that (How long ago was the vegetation in Chengdu exact the same as we see on pics?)

People at CDF have speculated it to be from May since some of the windows in the buildings are open , which suggest a warm weather.

^^ Lol, you guys are amazing...judging the time through vegetation and windows...

Hats off to you all! :agree:

so many J10B pic pup up these few day
the chinese military forum atmosphere is like party over there
:D :D :D

This might be helpful

added: another one

As you can see from the pictures posted above, in both cases the upper one is the J10 (existing) while the lower one is the J-10b.

See most of the things that were changed in the J10b are systems or subsystems that were developed later...later than the first version of the J10. For example, the DSI (air intakes) were tested on prototype 04 of the JF-17. Similarly, the ECM fairings ( on top of the tail) is somewhat similar to the one tested on the JF-17. It did not exist in the previous J10. Same goes with slanted radome (grey nose at front)...you can see the difference from the previous version. The IRST was developed for the J-11 which also wasn't present in the previous version.

Hope that helps.

thanks alot brother,

it was rumored that the J10B will be more stealthy, taking the plane to be true 4.5 generation plane so what on with it! the DSI will add something to this point but what will be other upgrades in this regard?
more compositis, i gues??
and can someone let us know that what help the slanted nose offers!
what about ECM with the original J10 and its comparison with that of J10B and JF17!

i guess if these points are disscussed in detail it will almost conclude the J10B configration topic?

regards!

here we continue with pictorial comparision
J10B

J10

People at CDF have speculated it to be from May since some of the windows in the buildings are open , which suggest a warm weather.

I think that indeed there must be some delay of 2 moths max cause the winter is a lot different. It is greenish but still hazy and foggy compared with real summer like end of may. Probably the reason for delay was the punishment remark for Chinese posters a few months ago.

the FC20 pakistan will be getting is not the J10B i guess. it will the J10 export version with SOME modifications. it might not be the J10B as it will be modified J10 for chines use!
what do you people think!

regards!

thanks alot brother,

it was rumored that the J10B will be more stealthy, taking the plane to be true 4.5 generation plane so what on with it! the DSI will add something to this point but what will be other upgrades in this regard?
more compositis, i gues??
and can someone let us know that what help the slanted nose offers!
what about ECM with the original J10 and its comparison with that of J10B and JF17!

i guess if these points are disscussed in detail it will almost conclude the J10B configration topic?

regards!

Getting to 4.5gen has more to do with avionics than stealth. Mind you all these generation stuff is very vague and fuzzy. There is NO official way to classify generations. Its just a general term to indicate better avionics then previous fighters like early F-16, F-15,etc.

The radome is slanted to 'supposedly' accomodate an AESA radar, which fits in a slightly slanted position. This in turn helps reduce radar reflection.

Having dedicated ECM house definitely mean an improvement in EW/ECM capability and freeing up a station for a jammer pod.

the FC20 pakistan will be getting is not the J10B i guess. it will the J10 export version with SOME modifications. it might not be the J10B as it will be modified J10 for chines use!
what do you people think!

regards!

FC-20 is quite far away to speculate anything. Besides, external changes doesnt matter much but its the internal changes that will matter. If the DSI performs good, it is there to stay for all models whether for PLAAF or export. JF-17 already has DSI and dedicated ECM house on the tail.

What will matter most of PAF is radar + weapons + Navigation systems, etc or in general terms the avionics.

What will matter most of PAF is radar + weapons + Navigation systems, etc or in general terms the avionics.

yse perhaps the FC20 will be incorporating more westren systems and J10B is a more advanced chines avionics, radar and engine machine!
nevertheless we can get some plus points of the J10B includede in our FC20 too! like if the chines avionics worked well we will need not go for expensive westren options!

regards!

The J-10 uses PL-12 BVRs whereas the F-22 for example uses AIM 120, am I right? If this is the case, then the J-10's have a superior missile.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom