What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

:what:

Eventually another surprise from CAC:😯 ..the J-10D prototype!??

Regardless how strange this one looks 😵‍💫… the discussion is still going on if this is real or once again a faked one or a converted prototype?? 🤔 Especially why still an AL-31FN again and not the WS-10B/C?

(Image via @Fighterman_久丽美学研究 from Weibo)

1657607463136.png

Regardless how strange this one looks 😵‍💫… the discussion is still going on if this is real or once again a faked one or a converted prototype?? 🤔 Especially why still an AL-31FN again and not the WS-10B/C?

View attachment 860880
Will it be old prototype converted or fresh prototype with old engine

View attachment 860880
Not that its a beauty contest but that spine really looks out of place both aesthetically, structurally and aerodynamically

Not that its a beauty contest but that spine really looks out of place both aesthetically, structurally and aerodynamically
If it's indeed the D variant, it's aimed at electronic warfare and jamming. That spine may house countermeasures against radars.

:什么:

最终来自 CAC 的另一个惊喜:😯 ..J-10D 原型机!??

不管这个看起来多么奇怪😵‍💫……讨论仍在继续,这是真的还是假的还是改装的原型?🤔 尤其是为什么还是 AL-31FN 而不是 WS-10B/C?

(图片来自微博@Fighterman_久丽美学研究)

View attachment 860880
It's not J10D,it is an export variant for one country,but it has some techs from the real J-10D project for example the CFT=》news from Military commentator"杨基 and 施佬"。

If it's indeed the D variant, it's aimed at electronic warfare and jamming. That spine may house countermeasures against radars.
I meant from a design perspective there could have been more elegant solutions than just slapping an additional rectangular section on top.

To me it it seems out of place and possibly still a fake. If a D had to be built then why not the two seater? Makes a lot more sense

It's not J10D,it is an export variant for one country,but it has some techs from the real J-10D project for example the CFT=》news from Military commentator"杨基 and 施佬"。

Where do you see a CFT? All I see is an enlarged spine but that‘s not a CFT!

Calm down,it just not installed on the plane by now

Calm down is fine when anyone else is hyping thongs that are not yet visible. Given on what some claim to have seen within the last hours we either see a fake, a testbed for the J-10D, a super-secret Pakistani version, a J-10CY for the Ba Yi, some see straight wings, CFTs and wingtip pylons ... but I should "calm down"?? :azn:

Back
Top Bottom