What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J-10C
0080vBfVgy1ghobh9bbr3j30j60uwte8.jpg

Via @中部战区发布 from Weibo

No it does not - and again would you please do your homeworks before posting once again "strange claims" - these are simply the well known twin-launchers for the PL-12 and PL-15.

View attachment 660193

This photo shows 6x air to air missiles being carried. You didn't answer, can the 2 inner large pylons carry air to air missiles?

This photo shows 6x air to air missiles being carried. You didn't answer, can the 2 inner large pylons carry air to air missiles?

Are you talking about hard points on the belly? If so no. Those aren’t wired to fire control.

Yes it shows, but your original question was concerning "8 underwing pylons now", which is wrong!

Good, the J-10C comes with 8 underwing pylons now. Wonder if the 2 large innermost pylons could carry medium or long range air to air missiles?

As for the inner wing pylon, I actually don't know. At least I haven't seen any image.

Are you talking about hard points on the belly? If so no. Those aren’t wired to fire control.

Definitely not the belly centreline pylon, everyone knows most fighters centreline pylon only for stores especially fuel tank, ecm pod, FLIR pod or bomb only.

I'm referring to the 2 inner wing large pylons because all these while Russia & China fighters never had dual racks for 2 air to air missiles per pylon. That's why I asked whether inner most large pylon on J-10C could carry air to air missiles. Mig-29/35 and flankers, all underwing pylons could carry air to air missiles.

US F-16C innermost under wing 2x pylons can't carry air to air missiles but the middle underwing pylons could carry twin rack for 2x AMRAAMs each.

Yes it shows, but your original question was concerning "8 underwing pylons now", which is wrong!

As for the inner wing pylon, I actually don't know. At least I haven't seen any image.

Although I'm with the military but I'm not with PLAAF and you expect me to know what's on the new J-10C based on the way you replied? Because you said the old J-10A could carry 6x air to air missiles and aa far as I know, Russian and China fighters don't come with twin racks for air to air missiles all these while until I saw twin rack on J-10C on your posted photo. That's why I asked the inner rack.

No it does not - and again would you please do your homeworks before posting once again "strange claims" - these are simply the well known twin-launchers for the PL-12 and PL-15.

View attachment 660193

@Deino is there any picture available where PL.15's are being carried on dual launchers. Asking because have always seen them carried as a single missile per pylon.

@Deino is there any picture available where PL.15's are being carried on dual launchers. Asking because have always seen them carried as a single missile per pylon.

What's the weight of PL-15? As far as I know, dual rack for air to air missiles only limited to light weight missiles. AIM-120B/C5-7 are light at less than 350lb. AIM-7M is heavier and never carried on dual racks.

Yes we have. There are not many, but we have for sure a few showing two pl-15s on twin launcher on the J-10C

Old photo of J10B. Weapon and fuel load configuration for BVR interception against target at long range.

View attachment 661536

These are training variant PL-12? I refer google photos that PL-15 forward fins are shaped like AIM-120C tail fin trapezoidal shape. While PL-12 forward fins has AIM-120C style forward fins but larger and sharper.

Back
Top Bottom