What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

China from a 3rd world country becomes a superpower like it is now. Because humility, not arrogant, calm and learn.
What benefit would China get from building another 4++ generation fighter when it already has the J-10C and J-16? IMO a waste of resources ... you could just buy more of those or the J-20 for the same development money

China from a 3rd world country becomes a superpower like it is now. Because humility, not arrogant, calm and learn.
I agree not to arrogant but this is nothing to do with arrogant. First what is your logic to build another 4.5 generation fighter? So what is the advantage of Rafale compare vs J10C and J16?
or Do you thing Rafale can even beat J20?

J-10C, J-10A, and J-10S
微信图片_20200710213055.jpg
微信图片_20200710213102.jpg

Via @南部空军 from Weixin

What benefit would China get from building another 4++ generation fighter when it already has the J-10C and J-16? IMO a waste of resources ... you could just buy more of those or the J-20 for the same development money

I got banned by Deino for a month.

J-10C and J-16 are needed for air to ground sorrties where stealth is not required but ability to carry more air to ground ordnance matters the most. US has far more main battle tanks than China. Situation where attack helicopters less suitable due to combat radius and too slow to reach on time. The J-16 and J-10C with FLIR optronic pods and ground search radar could carry more blue arrows missiles, guided bombs, cluster bombs to take out multiple tanks, vehicles, SAMs of invading army.

J-20 is suited for air to air and also strategic strike sorties taking out heavily defended enemy high asset value targets.

I agree not to arrogant but this is nothing to do with arrogant. First what is your logic to build another 4.5 generation fighter? So what is the advantage of Rafale compare vs J10C and J16?
or Do you thing Rafale can even beat J20?

Scenario where US invading army landed on China shore deploying 2000 M-1A2SEP TUSK MBTs, several thousands of LVTP7 and M-2 Bradley, M-6 Linebacker, thousands more MRAP with 300,000 troops backed by air support AH-64E, A-10C, blackhawks caught PLA by surprise. PLAAF deploys J-20 to take on F-22, F-35, F/A-18E/F while J-10C and J-16 could serve as decoy for enemy fighters and as weapons platform to launch PL-12/17/21 at enemy fighters, helicopters guided by J-20, GCI and AWACS.

To take out that many mobile ground vehicles, tanks, troops, you won't be using long range expensive hypersonic missiles. Engagement will be within visual range as multi-purpose air to ground missiles effective range around 11nm or less and fighter ground search radar with optronic FLIR pod works around 13nm or less. J-16 if the blue arrow missiles could be carried on multiple racks under pylons, it could easily carry 12x on 4 pylons to destroy 12 tanks. 2x PL-10e & 4x PL-12/15 could destroy 6x AH-64E, blackhawk. Also there's room for laser guided bombs or unguided cluster bombs to attack multiple enemy lightly armored & unarmored vehicles killing numbers of enemy troops on the ground.

The same goes to J-10C with focus on air to ground sorrties taking out enemy SAM/AAA protecting the invading army, destroying tanks, vehicles, troops within visual range. It costs less to lose a J-10C compared to J-20 due to enemy ground fire. J-10C is smaller and less area for enemy AAA to hit. US air force would send F-16C for air to ground attacking mobile targets while F-15C flying air cover because of same reason. You don't send J-20 or F-22 to attack enemy tanks at 11nm or less radius using blue arrows and bombs.

And if you do not stop immediately with this off-topic BS like in your next post another ban will follow soon again.

Stop with these off topic warmongering posts. This is a thread on the J-10 and there won't be an invasion of China by US forces.

Excuse me, what off topic when I only answered a question posted by others on the reason of building more J-10C when there's J-20? This sounds more like your own personal prejudice against me. Are you going to give me warning for asking this question?

Everyone please come and judge Deino action here. Seems like he doesn't understand what military warplane is about instead. Deino, you want to say J-10C is not about destroying air & ground targets? If you can't stick to military talk especially related to roles and purpose of J-10C in J-10 thread, going personal against someone you dislike then you shouldn't be admin and should go join LGBT forum.

Pupu says there will be a huge change to the J-10 this year, also implying that it will no longer be a 4th generation fighter. Huge news for the J-10.

https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2634204-1-1.html

View attachment 650266
Pupu has confirmed that the new J-10 upgrade coming out will not include TVC or VTOL capability (the latter I believe was only considered by fanboys). I really wonder what technologies besides the LO stealth additions will turn the J-10 into a 5th generation fighter ...

Pupu has confirmed that the new J-10 upgrade coming out will not include TVC or VTOL capability (the latter I believe was only considered by fanboys). I really wonder what technologies besides the LO stealth additions will turn the J-10 into a 5th generation fighter ...

I remember I saw somewhere that someone proposed a design that is only for AA mission and only good for hit and run, with 2 MRAAMs (PL-15) and 2 SRAAMs (PL-10) as payloads in internal weapon bays. Maybe J-10 can be upgraded to that kind of thing and sold to developing countries as air assassins?

The evolution of J10C to the J10NG (Next Generation) would have to have upgrade on
1) More powerful engine
2) Electronics specs on the level of J20 where space and power generation permit
3) LO stealth, probably including canted V tails
4) Concealed weapon stores
5) Probably larger fuselage to accommodate more fuel and thus larger combat range (eg. F/A-18 Hornet's evolution to larger Super Hornet).
6) Air intake changed from chin location to sides, so as to provide space for concealed weapon store as well as S shape air intake duct for better stealth. (refer nose air intake J8 to side air intake J8A as precedence).

(1), (2) and (3) above are almost a certainty except the canted V tails, (4), (5) and (6) are speculative (my 2 cents).

Last edited:
The evolution of J10C to the J10NG (Next Generation) would have to have upgrade on
1) More powerful engine
2) Electronics specs on the level of J20 where space and power generation permit
3) LO stealth, probably including canted V tails
4) Concealed weapon stores
5) Probably larger fuselage to accommodate more fuel and thus larger combat range (eg. F/A-18 Hornet's evolution to larger Super Hornet).
6) Air intake changed from chin location to sides, so as to provide space for concealed weapon store as well as S shape air intake duct for better stealth. (refer nose air intake J8 to side air intake J8A as precedence).

(1), (2) and (3) above are almost a certainty except the canted V tails, (4), (5) and (6) are speculative (my 2 cents).

Sounds good, but in the end more like a new aircraft than a new variant. If true they should call it J-14. :smitten:

Sounds good, but in the end more like a new aircraft than a new variant. If true they should call it J-14. :smitten:
Yes, just like JJ7 evolved to JL9/FTC-2000G, and Y8 to Y9. It won't surprise me if they give it a new designation of a new JXX, that is, if the changes is very significant.

If I remember correctly, the initial pre-production designation of Y9 was Y8F in display model found in an airshow, probably in Zhuhai many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom