What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Questions from experts, why china has not focused on increasingly the range for J10x ,
As this bird have all others things like, payroad, speed avionics weapons.

Questions from experts, why china has not focused on increasingly the range for J10x ,
As this bird have all others things like, payroad, speed avionics weapons.
You are talking about design a new aircraft mate. More range=carry more fuel=heavier=need more power=new engine or 2 engines=even heavier....you might get J20 in the tho

I would love to see the original image including the serial number :smitten:

49970581167_e884f11add_k.jpg

I mean when talking about stability of aircraft, people normally use this assumption: when the center of lift is behind the center of gravity, the aircraft is stable as if a small disturb increases the AOA, the lift increase and try to push the nose down to decrease the AOA. Therefore stabilise the aircraft. If the center of gravity in these canard fighters is in front of the center of lift of the main wing, it looks like a stable plane for me.

Actually it's the slope/gradient of the pitching moment (Cm) curve that defines static longitudinal stability. A RSS aircraft can exhibit both stable and unstable characteristics in different regions of AOA. Take the Cm curve of Jas-39 for example (taken from https://saabaircraftindustry.com/en...l-capability-development-for-control-systems/):
jas39 cm.png

A negative slope means statically stable. And a positive slope means statically unstable.

But then, there's dynamic stability which is another thing.

Actually it's the slope/gradient of the pitching moment (Cm) curve that defines static longitudinal stability. A RSS aircraft can exhibit both stable and unstable characteristics in different regions of AOA. Take the Cm curve of Jas-39 for example (taken from https://saabaircraftindustry.com/en...l-capability-development-for-control-systems/):
View attachment 640771

A negative slope means statically stable. And a positive slope means statically unstable.

But then, there's dynamic stability which is another thing.
Very good one. Thanks. So the Y axis is Cm, X axis is AoA (down to -30/40 degree??), the top curve is max nose up control surface limit and the bottom curve is max nose down control surface limit?

Back
Top Bottom