What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Yes, these are what everyone wanted to see. Thanks Deino. 1st photo, the rear looks larger than front, can't see radome clearly to tell whether it's radar guided missile or laser/visual guided bomb. 2nd photo is laser guided bomb? I guess the maverick equivalent blue arrow 21 has not entered service, hopefully they come with racks of 2x or 3x per pylon like AGM-65 allowing more to be carried. J-10C should be able to carry 6-10 blue arrow 21 hopefully on 2nd pylons (x2 rack) & inner large pylons (x3 rack).

J-10B
53ed1838gy1gemn7p8mhrj21hc0zk49g.jpg
53ed1838gy1gemn7pje5fj21hc0zkgr7.jpg
53ed1838gy1gemn7oci62j21hc0xch7l.jpg

Via @万全 from Weibo

I haven't seen any J-10A in a while. Seems they are all withdrawn from service in favor of the DSI and AESA equipped J-10B/C.

No, there are still several posted a few weeks ago at Chinamil.

Also, why should they replace the A-model while they still have several J-7 units in service?

It seems J-10A is very rare by now. The non DSI ones are almost always J-10S.

Not sure why you ignore my reply to the same question? Maybe since you don't like facts ....

No, there are still several posted a few weeks ago at Chinamil.

Also, why should they replace the A-model while they still have several J-7 units in service?

By e way, there are still more regular J-10A units than J-10B/C units even if you don't like it.

J-10A is pretty ugly. Pretty sure it's a priority to phased out J-10A.

What a stupid agument. :crazy:

So you want the PLAAF to phase out a modern 4th generation fighter only since it is ugly while the retain much older and less capable 3rd generation fighters?

J-10A is pretty ugly. Pretty sure it's a priority to phased out J-10A.

Yeah Baby, we got Austin Powers in CDF now. The J-10A original paint looks nice and modern by the way, like single engined Eurofighter when I first saw it. Later they came up with black radome paint which is really bad taste by the person who came up with that color. They aren't phasing out J-10A yet unless there's rich country at war with US desperately need fighters immediately willing to buy while waiting for export variant J-10CE.

The problem is the air intake area. Stupid design, I am sure it's a good fighter but aesthetics wise. Nay

What's wrong with the air intake? In early 90's, that air intake design is still acceptable but as time flies, DSI looks futuristic making J10A air intake looks out fashion. Like F-15A and early F-15C compared to cancelled F-15F/SE/X, the air intake on older F-15A/C looks old fashion and plain. The same with F/A-18C/D air intake compared to F/A-18E/F

Back
Top Bottom