What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Can you say with certainity that chinese avionics radar and electronic warfare systema are at par spec wise with the GaN based aesa used in rafael or with Eurofighter ?

What are the specs of chinese AESA? Are they using GaN bawed aesa?

RBE-2AA and CAPTOR-E both currently utilize GaAs TRMs.

RBE-2AA and CAPTOR-E both currently utilize GaAs TRMs.

Thanks for the correction. So it took EU countries a healthy decade to comeup with a Competitive AESA along with the Processors.

China started its AESA development in 2010 right ? with the development of J-20 ?

Thanks for the correction. So it took EU countries a healthy decade to comeup with a Competitive AESA along with the Processors.

China started its AESA development in 2010 right ? with the development of J-20 ?

I cannot be certain on when Chinese AESA development began. The Type 346 AESA deployed on the 052C destroyer began development in the late 1980s. The J-10B AESA program began in 2001 and was completed by 2008. The J-10B served as a test bed for many J-20 technologies.

There may be earlier projects, especially with early warning radars, but these are the only ones I am familiar with.

You see you are limiting your scope. Overall package includes armaments, avionics specs and reliability, engine factor. The level of net centric sensors and interoperatibility of varioua sensors inside the package

Which is generally what my assessment included.

We all know the specs of rafael and eurofighter rugged avionics. The level of their net centric approch and their reliability as well their specs.

Do we? Have we got the range, power output, scanning field, T/R module count, etc., of the RBE2 and the Euroradar Captor? How exactly do you quantify "net centric approach" and/or "reliability" when neither of the two are known to public eye?

Having aesa ew irst or others sensors in an airplane doesnot make it compareable to current standard rafael or eurofighter. Can you say with certainity that chinese avionics radar and electronic warfare systema are at par spec wise with the GaN based aesa used in rafael or with Eurofighter ? Or the specs of chinese ew systems are at par with Spectra or Britecloud ew systems ? Eurofighter is using a hanging disposable ew system

That's interesting, because on what basis, then, are you claiming that the J-10B/C "cannot come close"? I agree that the virtue of having an AESA system does not make an aircraft inherently comparable to another that does, but my assessment did not stop there. On a holistic basis, in which we take a look at the upgrades pertaining to its avionics, weaponry, powerplant, airframe, and on-board amenities, the J-10C does share a lot of common ground with its Rafale/Eurofighter counterparts.

I have not seen chinese ew systems reached upto the french or european ew system capabilities at all.

How can you make such a claim when you don't even know the full capabilities of French or other European EW systems?

Now comes the IRST. We all know the specs of Rafael OST and Eurofighter Pirate. Does J 10 irst comes to the level and reliability of these systems ?

We don't know the specifications, but suffice it to say that all of the aforementioned aircraft do have this system. Hence, barring any massive discrepancies between the capabilities of their IRST systems (there shouldn't be), all three aircraft should be generally comparable in this sector. Of course, there would be differences, but none so significant that would render a general comparison unreasonable.

And other thing is the armament package and PODS and encrypted datalinks, IFF used by european fighters and J 10 C. We all know who is superior here

Really? How would you know? Have you any specifications pertaining to Chinese/European systems? Do you even know how to properly assess the parameters you mentioned?

The point is J 10 C is where Rafael or Eurofighter was in 2005. Making their initial flights with all those composites and what not. So no overall you can not compare J 10 C with current standard european packages based on wild wild west speculations and assumptions that chinese can do this and that with such finesss in their first attempt without any offical specs to back it up

Correct me if my memory falters, but it was you who initially claimed that the J-10C cannot compete with the Eurofighter or Rafale. The onus of proof lies with the claimant.

The first airborne Chinese AESA radar went into service aboard the KJ-2000 AWACS in 2003. Subsequently, various AESA radars from multiple institutions were deployed on the J-10C, J-16, J-15A, J-11D, J-20, KJ-200, KJ-500, and various helicopters.

30253718365_e540a124b7_o.jpg

29623881603_72e8ab11f9_o.jpg

J_10_B_10537_2_Division_Zhuhai_1.jpg

J_10_B_10537_2_Division_Zhuhai_3.jpg

J_10_B_10537_2_Division_Zhuhai_6.jpg

J_10_B_10537_3_Division_Zhuhai_2.jpg

Ohhh You made my day again !!

Exactly like I predicted since so long - and in return received my typical bashing from my most favourtite member here with his claim that the J-10B is not and will never be operational !!! :smitten:- a J-10B assigned to the 170. Brigade !

Thanks a lot.

Deino

Last edited:
plz explain the reason ...

This is not my claim: Since I am here registrated at PDF I'm in a constant "discussion" (to say it politely) with @Beast where he claims the J-10B with its AL-31FN Series 3 is a failure, it is not and will never be operational (since it has not officially taken part in exercises and being shown in the media) it will not even be accepted by the PLAAF since they will wait for the final J-10C + WS-10G.

The funny thing: He has no explanation, other than the fact that I am a stupid foreigner with no knowledge in PLAAF-matters. All so far seen and delivered J-10Bs even if spotting a number are solely a waste ...

Again, not my claim ... maybe You ask him for an explanation.

Deino

Hi, is there any online video where we can see aggressive maneuvering by J10, any Air show or any other occassion ? Please share the link. Thanks

This is not my claim: Since I am here registrated at PDF I'm in a constant "discussion" (to say it politely) with @Beast where he claims the J-10B with its AL-31FN Series 3 is a failure, it is not and will never be operational (since it has not officially taken part in exercises and being shown in the media) it will not even be accepted by the PLAAF since they will wait for the final J-10C + WS-10G.

The funny thing: He has no explanation, other than the fact that I am a stupid foreigner with no knowledge in PLAAF-matters. All so far seen and delivered J-10Bs even if spotting a number are solely a waste ...

Again, not my claim ... maybe You ask him for an explanation.

Deino

Nah if something is coming from 'Deino' it worth noting .... otherwise it will be a worthless exercise of kissing 100 frogs ....

That would have maybe been an option in it's early days - and there were several of these at first J-10B and later Super-10 called concepts with two tails (IMO a quite handsome design !) - but now I can't think any reason to invest in a twin-engine J-10XL or so ... for that the design itself is too dated.

Deino

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom