What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Sir, if you were visit Russian and western defense forums, you would see quite negative reviews about JF-17 that I can't probably describe here that too coming from aviation experts. At the same time, it is a wonderful aircraft which would evolve with time. It is natural for us to be happy and excited about our product but the expectations should not go overboard which is what I see happening here.
You should understand at least a couple things:

1- That the reviews are based, not necessarily biased, upon known standards and unfortunately those standards are established by the leaders of the industry.

2- It is inevitable. And in a way, we have no choice. We cannot perform critical analyses of the J-17 against the Sopwith Camel. The J-17 was developed based upon what joint Pakistan-China believes to be achievable goals which came from, like it or not, Western fighters.

It is like chess, you cannot improve if the only opponents you have are those you consistently defeat.

compared to the F-16 Block 30

So it's more about being a 4th gen multi role fighter (which still is comparable to the F16 B52 as I said) and having the potential to be a 4.5th gen fighter, unlike the older F16 Blocks, but it has nothing to do with similar performance.

A very interesting thought. I would have thiought though that this was always going to be the way. Do we know what the chinese have in the way of AESA/PESA. It would probaly permeate down to block 3 JFTs in 2016. I wonder what the significance of the news reported earlier about PAF not going for J10Bs.Whether this was the ploy to get the chinese to reduce the unit price or get some more punch into the beast handed down from J20. These are just my thoughts so feel free to expand on it.
Araz

yes first we heard that PAF will be having its hand on J10A..then came the news the whole deal is scraped ...n now this ....
personally i dont think PAK-china relationship works this way of bringing unit cost down ...it is also rumored that PAF has its input even for J10 A ....so may be there's a whole new side of story

as PESA's are concerned its been widely seen n discussed on PDF n other forum (J10 & J-11 )..

i wont be jumping a lot until some credible news comes into light ..

yes first we heard that PAF will be having its hand on J10A..then came the news the whole deal is scraped ...n now this ....
personally i dont think PAK-china relationship works this way of bringing unit cost down ...it is also rumored that PAF has its input even for J10 A ....so may be there's a whole new side of story

as PESA's are concerned its been widely seen n discussed on PDF n other forum (J10 & J-11 )..

J-10A Would have been pretty irrelevant in context of pakistann wanting to reduce its numbers and india moving ahead with rafale.

PAF wanted something at par with that

You should understand at least a couple things:

1- That the reviews are based, not necessarily biased, upon known standards and unfortunately those standards are established by the leaders of the industry.

2- It is inevitable. And in a way, we have no choice. We cannot perform critical analyses of the J-17 against the Sopwith Camel. The J-17 was developed based upon what joint Pakistan-China believes to be achievable goals which came from, like it or not, Western fighters.

It is like chess, you cannot improve if the only opponents you have are those you consistently defeat.

questionable analogy, but I can understand your point.

I'd like to point out that all I ever end up reading on Russian and US forums are about China copying them, and not so much about the performance of the planes. It's true that the JF-17 isn't a top of the line fighter, but it was never meant to be. It was supposed to be an indigenous replacement for the mirage and other older fighters in the PAF inventory, while the FC-20 is supposed to be a replacement for the F-16. Unfortunately, I have never run across anyone on those forums that even mention these facts, at least not without being insulted in return.

You may remember that pshamim saheb reported some time back that there were some differences on the unit cost with PAFwanting to pay28million vs a demand for 40 million per unit. My post had that aspect in mind. Sometimes it helps to remind people that there are additional options still open. Relations aside this is basic negotiations.
Araz

I am sure that there are some changes to the plan as J-31 availability as well as similarity in terms of engines will result that J-31 will be winning the contract. Also PAF used to quote that the plane they are acquiring has some stealthy features and then they just smile away.....

Which was preety fishy..... :)

well i doubt J 10 in pakistan airforce due to from last 8 years we are just hearing about them not included

China%27s+AESA+Radars+For+J-10B+J-16+and+J-20.jpg

FC 20 is the advanced version of J-10 equipped with western avionics.It is just made for the PAF.I think it will be a cool fighter jet in our inventory.

FC 20 is the advanced version of J-10 equipped with western avionics.It is just made for the PAF.I think it will be a cool fighter jet in our inventory.

Exactly which "western avionics"... cause EU has banned sophisticated tech transfer to China... please enlighten us.

Exactly which "western avionics"... cause EU has banned sophisticated tech transfer to China... please enlighten us.

A long time ago i have read about that somewhere no i can,t remember where exactly but it,s avionics are going to be more advanced than J-10.FC-20 is the only export variant of J-10.EU may banned sophisticated tech transfer to china but we are capable of assembling those avionics by ourselves in kamra factory.

A long time ago i have read about that somewhere no i can,t remember where exactly but it,s avionics are going to be more advanced than J-10.FC-20 is the only export variant of J-10.EU may banned sophisticated tech transfer to china but we are capable of assembling those avionics by ourselves in kamra factory.

Go through the thread before commenting..

Truth LOVER.

PLEASE EXPLAIN with examples

this comment

EU may banned sophisticated tech transfer to china but we are capable of assembling those avionics by ourselves in kamra factory.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...role-fighter-air-craft-458.html#ixzz2b1OQ4q00

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL US PAKISTAN makes superior radars/eccm, BVR missles and jammers THAN CHENGDU & CHINA.

the last time PAK tried to strike a deal for FRENCH RC400 radars & mica BVRS the french quoted over $1 billion for 120 thunders AND the deal collapsed.

EURO TECH is beyond PAK budgets at present especially TO INTERGRATE on a non western FIGHTER

Your comments are making you look a bit childish since PAK/PAC makes exactly ZILCH in terms of radars eccms jammers etc and relys completely on imports from china & europe & USA.

Back
Top Bottom