What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

We should have, but back then the Chinese had better relations to the Israelis. My point was only, that it would have been better for us to invest in a single engine, medium class fighter, with a delta canard design, compared to the light class delta wing fighter and that we could have shortened the development time by common engines with MKI.

So is it based on the Lavi or not? Wikipedia says Israeli's sold Lavi technology to the Chinese.

So is it based on the Lavi or not? Wikipedia says Israeli's sold Lavi technology to the Chinese.

The Chinese members will obviously deny, but when the plain look is not enough, there are other sources available on the net too. However, the J10 design has gone a long way and is a successful fighter today, while the Lavi ended up only a tech demonstrator by US pressure.

The Chinese members will obviously deny, but when the plain look is not enough, there are other sources available on the net too. However, the J10 design has gone a long way and is a successful fighter today, while the Lavi ended up only a tech demonstrator by US pressure.

Lavi was a failure and US pressure is a myth as had they wanted the the Lavi to become a mare tech demonstrator, why would they fund it to begin with?

Are you really stupid or do you just act stupid on PDF?

Every plane has wings, engines and vertical and horizontal stabilizers. So are they all copies of each other?

This is from someone who was part of the team that designed the F-16

When Israel bought their first F-16s, they sent a large group of engineers to America for "training" so they could better understand how to maintain their new airplanes. I was one of the instructors. They immediately went home and began to develop the Lavi with US money and with their new knowledge. The program was later cancelled under US pressure, but the technology and engineering assistance were later sold to China. That was an unethical and possibly dangerous path to follow, in my view.

j-20-assembly-line2.jpg

j-10b assembly line rare photo

Lavi was a failure and US pressure is a myth as had they wanted the the Lavi to become a mare tech demonstrator, why would they fund it to begin with?

I guess Oscars post had cleared it finally, but Israel was not the only country where the US shut down indigenous aero developments under political pressure. They did the same in Canada, S. Korea and Japan are facing the same issues and all that to remain with customers for their Boeing / LM fighters. So that is nothing new or rare for them, but just aimed on their economical interest. I actually wonder that they didn't reacted to Turkey's fighter development interests so far.

Anyway, back to J10 again:

6ZTCrmu.jpg

Who cares if it was a copy or not, the point is that it is a beautiful and successful fighter.

Don't use the cheap indian stuff and it can become your top-end. :victory:

I would take it, if we can licence produce it with Indian composites, coatings, avionics, use the AL31 engines with TVC that we already produce, might add the Bars 29 (smaller MKI radar), or another AESA... it would be perfect for our low end.

Hello people.
Hkan of pakdef.info is reporting that the govtt has assured the release of1.3 billion$to the PAF for the procurement of first batch of 36--50 J10Bs. The order might be made in the next 2-3 months.I think the F16 deal has been shelved for good. RIP F16.
araz

Hello people.
Hkan of pakdef.info is reporting that the govtt has assured the release of1.3 billion$to the PAF for the procurement of first batch of 36--50 J10Bs. The order might be made in the next 2-3 months.I think the F16 deal has been shelved for good. RIP F16.
araz

If true then good riddance to the F16 and the strings it came with

Hello people.
araz

at last if true

Hello people.
araz

One of the best news in whole day for me and for pakistan.

Hello people.
araz

YAHOOOOOOOOO......!!! :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom