What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

skipping J10 seems alot better
we already will have bulk of jft and around 80 f16

its better to save the funds and rather get the J31
EARLIER AND IN LARGE NUMBER

36 j10 wont make any drastic change

Yea it make sense J-10 is completely different platform with different engine J-31 atleast have RD-93 and PAF is happy its performance, secondly J-31 is not PLAAF sponsored project so if SAC have no issues, PAF and SAC should become partners in development just like JF-17 project. Beside the way PAF handling JF-17 project, its better to concentrate on this at the moment.:lazy:

- 300 JFT's (hopefully 100 - 200 with heavy composites / much reduced RCS and 9 hp's)
- 80 - 120 F-16's (block 40 - 52)
- 80 - 120 J-31's
- 80 - 100 J-16's (at least two squadrons for the Navy in addition to dedicated JFT squadron fro the navy)
- 60 - 80 Point defense (good airframes, worthy of service F-7's and Mirages)

Looks good break down. 80 J-31, 80 J-16 and overall 600 jets. By which year you think PAF is going to have these numbers? And since you mentioned IAF you understand that by the time PAF get the list you mentioned IAF shall have atleast 150 FGFA, 270 Su-30 MKI many with super sukohi upgrade, 126 Rafale, around 200 Tejas Mk2, 67 Mig-29 UPG, 51 Mirage 2000-5 Mk 2 etc.
I don't think at any time IAF will be on disadvantage. The advantage of having J-10 is the operational maintenance which is much higher in 5th gen plane. Therefore rather than having large nos of J-31, it is economically viable to have say 2 squadrons of J-31 mixed with upgraded J-10s and JFTs.

Pictures keep trickling......
8187728761_9d91500668_b.jpg

I cant find the news now..But there was a news in the era of Previous PAF cheiof..He went to china asking them for certain modifications on J-10B....

point is PAF is / was interested in J-10B...
Most probable cause of the delay is Chinese engine not yet ready for mass production...

J-10 is starting to really impress. I hope the Pakistani economy starts growing, so we can purchase these and maybe J-31s. If PAF does choose J-31s, i m pretty confident that Chinese will deliver faster than the Russians to India, which will give PAF a huge advantage, even if for a short time.

Then advance JFT into block 3, may be composites and very reduced cross section (semi stealth).

wise man says that this whole exercise is a waste because the weapons on the external pylons nullify any RCS reduction gains.

but over all the approach is interesting. recommending bypassing J-10 altogether would not be easy

Looks good break down. 80 J-31, 80 J-16 and overall 600 jets. By which year you think PAF is going to have these numbers? And since you mentioned IAF you understand that by the time PAF get the list you mentioned IAF shall have atleast 150 FGFA, 270 Su-30 MKI many with super sukohi upgrade, 126 Rafale, around 200 Tejas Mk2, 67 Mig-29 UPG, 51 Mirage 2000-5 Mk 2 etc.
I don't think at any time IAF will be on disadvantage. The advantage of having J-10 is the operational maintenance which is much higher in 5th gen plane. Therefore rather than having large nos of J-31, it is economically viable to have say 2 squadrons of J-31 mixed with upgraded J-10s and JFTs.

Why do the Indian members have to take EVERY freaking thing as tit for tat. The getting defensive mentality is tiring to say the least.
Let me tell you how 'this list' you mentioned would work. If the US decides to JUST export 5 million jobs to Pakistan (compared to 20 million donated to India), the list will be completed in less than three years!!! Cash talks and empty talker walks. Btw, it doesn't matter how many jets you field. The fact that you know there are 100 some places your deference can be penetrated through stealth tech, the scenario calls for equilibrium in a way that both sides don't want to fight a war as both air defenses can be penetrated through stealth causing massive damage in the case of India and Pakistan.

Now let's take the Indian superman mentality out of it and focus on the actual post I wrote for the PAF. The numbers are moderate and give a DEFENSIVE force like PAF a massive punch. India can't launch all 1200 jets into Pakistan. So at any given time, Pakistan will be dealing with about IA's 800 to PAF's 600 per my list. They are used to a LOT worse. This should work in their favor. India is at a disadvantage because its the attacking force in an enemy territory.

The main fact is that in India and Pakistan's scenario, unfortunately India's might and size and the imaginary 2000 jets don't make a lot of difference as Pakistan is not a conventional country and doesn't require bullet by bullet match. Also, both of you guys are RIGHT next to each other so in a way its a no escape zone for either one of you guys.
The next war will be nuclear if small incidents turn into full border conflict. The size of the Indian military or AF may be impressive for Nepal, Sri Lanka, Central and ME countries but in Pakistan's case, its the nuclear umbrella that creates the equilibrium, plus they've dealt with a much bigger Indian military for over many decades. The ONLY available option for both these countries is to MAKE PEACE!!!

Why do the Indian members have to take EVERY freaking thing as tit for tat. The getting defensive mentality is tiring to say the least

cant help it - some PK newbies are the same. this is the bane of this board.

Why do the Indian members have to take EVERY freaking thing as tit for tat. The getting defensive mentality is tiring to say the least.
Let me tell you how 'this list' you mentioned would work. If the US decides to JUST export 5 million jobs to Pakistan (compared to 20 million donated to India), the list will be completed in less than three years!!! Cash talks and empty talker walks. Btw, it doesn't matter how many jets you field. The fact that you know there are 100 some places your deference can be penetrated through stealth tech, the scenario calls for equilibrium in a way that both sides don't want to fight a war as both air defenses can be penetrated through stealth causing massive damage in the case of India and Pakistan.

Now let's take the Indian superman mentality out of it and focus on the actual post I wrote for the PAF. The numbers are moderate and give a DEFENSIVE force like PAF a massive punch. India can't launch all 1200 jets into Pakistan. So at any given time, Pakistan will be dealing with about IA's 800 to PAF's 600 per my list. They are used to a LOT worse. This should work in their favor. India is at a disadvantage because its the attacking force in an enemy territory.

The main fact is that in India and Pakistan's scenario, unfortunately India's might and size and the imaginary 2000 jets don't make a lot of difference as Pakistan is not a conventional country and doesn't require bullet by bullet match. Also, both of you guys are RIGHT next to each other so in a way its a no escape zone for either one of you guys.
The next war will be nuclear if small incidents turn into full border conflict. The size of the Indian military or AF may be impressive for Nepal, Sri Lanka, Central and ME countries but in Pakistan's case, its the nuclear umbrella that creates the equilibrium, plus they've dealt with a much bigger Indian military for over many decades. The ONLY available option for both these countries is to MAKE PEACE!!!

No one is getting defensive here. I mentioned all those things because when Pakistani fan boys predict the list of the future for their armed forces, they forget that their opponents are also upgrading. Again if you said that IAF is aggressive force then what it will do is to attack the airbases where you field J-31 by FGFAs. So where is the advantage of having such a expensive fighter if it can be neutralise? On the other hand being cheaper, J-10 can be inducted in large numbers and therefore will survive during first attack and can get airborne and provide some resistance. Nothing will turn into nuclear, it is not as easy as we think.

It seems u dont understand what u yourself wrote, you were comparing the project development of AESA radars on both jets and claimed that the LCA AESA is similar to that ... dont believe me see for yourself what you wrote ..

So now I ask you to prove the point you yourself were howling about, if the development progress is the same show us the picture of LCA having an onboard AESA/PESA tested on it like this ....

China%2527s+AESA+Radar+On+J-10B.jpg

As far as the MKI goes, you have 18 block 52's, plus 45 MLU F-16's equipt with AMRAAMs along with JF-17's and force multipliers at one side of the border and around 200+ J-10's,150+ J-10/J-10B,70+ SU-27's and 70+ SU-30 MKK's on the other side of the border ....

Still think its a piece of cake ?? or SWEET DREAMS as you yourself point out ... :D

As far as J-10 replacing F-16's , nope its not going to happen, J-10 will be an additional MRCA of PAF if it does not directly opt for a stealth platform ... but still, if you think J-10 is an easy thing to deal with, why not send some SU-30's to check the other side of the border out, because if i remember correctly you did not had the bullocks to do it after a certain Surgical media strike....ummm..excuse me .. stunt .. :D

Thats why prototypes of J-10B HAVE it on their noses ... unlike LCA .. :D

Care to provide a credible link to prove this allegation?

Again thats why a prototype is running around with WS-10 up its butt ...right ...

Long range AESA/PESA, Low RCS (use of composites/RAM), new EW suite ( dont forget which jet had the honor to be the test bed of a 5th generation fighter) ....

Just check the EW suite of JF-17, read a little something about DAS of JF-17 on the JF-17 info pool thread and then comeback and bark about what's good and whats not ...

First of all , no one is calling J-10/J-10A a 4.5 generation fighter, its j-10B we are talking about.Like i said "testing" is one thing "progress" is another, Now if you compare the "progress" of the development of J-10 with AESA, its a different story then the LCA ..

Correction boy, i did not bring in the LCA, you were the one who did, bringing in KJ-2000 was to show CHina now has the ability to make AESA radars and 5th generation platforms ofcourse many of the Indian forums still called it a photoshop even after the pictures were "leaked" but thats a different story, your grudge with China will never allow you to accept the bitter truth ...

LOL! ... well two-three years before LCA ... Are you F-iing kidding me???
LCA MK-II is to be delievered after MK-I is ready, MK-I gets IOC in 2014 as per "PLANS", then the R&D and design, structural changes and testing ...

Safe to say MK-II with AESA wont happen anytime before 2016-2017, now if your saying that it would take Chinese 2-3 years just to integrate a new radar on a platform which is in the testing phase as we speak, then I wonder how much time will DRDO take.... :D

After having a long discussion with U, what I can only say is that neither U have power to comprehend what other has posted,nor U can keep ur emotion aside for a minute to get a logical discussion and if U can't comprehend the usage SIMILAR between timeframe and quality, no more discussion.

I leave U to this, to keep polishing the back of China as U have nothing of urs to show.

Back
Top Bottom