What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

DID OSCAR JUST SAY NO FC20 until year 2016 IE 4 YEARS AWAY

How can FC20 NOT be a priority does not make sense..... SU30MKI threat is huge and if RAFALE deal is signed in 6 months as expected surely FC20 should be NO1 priority...

OR is the FC20 not ready for EXPORT ????

Or perhaps the PAF is actually satisfied by the capability the JF-17 is bringing vis a vis future threats that it thinks 150 JF-17's are better than 40-50 Fc-20's.
The FC-20 is ready for export.. tomorrow if the PAF wants... the PAF simply does not want it tomorrow.. or that soon.

Or perhaps the PAF is actually satisfied by the capability the JF-17 is bringing vis a vis future threats that it thinks 150 JF-17's are better than 40-50 Fc-20's.
The FC-20 is ready for export.. tomorrow if the PAF wants... the PAF simply does not want it tomorrow.. or that soon.
Are you????:bounce:
That PAF doesn't consider IAF a threat is a joke.

Or simply, for shopping you need a Credit-Card or Cash in advance. :rolleyes:

i will always support a few squarden of heavy j11 over j10b any time

paf 2020
50-60 j11bs
150-200 jft II/III
70-80 f16

now this is a pure perfect defensive force with j11bs with deep strike ability

and beyond 2020 think about 5th gen as the curse of zardari might on economy may nt be any more

Re-read my post again. I'd like to by pass J10B all together and introduce heavier platform J11's and go straight to 5th Gen stealth. When we get J10B, then test it, update it and turn it into a platform, it'll pretty much be older generation as AF's around the world would be using more stealth jets and UCAV's. So, I think PAF should skip J10B all together. Get some J11's with TOT or license production and invest into a 5th gen stealth program. IF JFT BIII IS that single engine Shenyang / CAC's stealth project with heavier payloads, etc. Then J10B makes sense. Otherwise, it should be skipped! Hope this helps

One 100% agree with you with little add on. Why not go for 36J10B and 48 J11B or more? Just my thought

j10b is good fighter bt without AESA i will always opt for block 52 over it

jft III might nt be on par with j10b by 2016
bt would nt be a class behind also

say no to single engine and induct justca few squardens of heavy strike fighter
being a defensive force we dnt need j11 kinda fighter in large numbers

One 100% agree with you with little add on. Why not go for 36J10B and 48 J11B or more? Just my thought
Will you pay for it?

Albeit, very potent but JF-17 is not the only aircraft in PAF inventory.
Never mind.
Let's keep this thread ON-topic and you better come back to Chinese-copy-flanker-make-new-jet-Carlo-knop thread.

I think russian are not allowing exporting their engines to pakistan for j10 B

I think russian are not allowing exporting their engines to pakistan for j10 B

You think pointless speculation.
Russian have no problem with FC-20 to Pakistan, they arent even part of this equation.

You think pointless speculation.
Russian have no problem with FC-20 to Pakistan, they arent even part of this equation.

sirjee, we don't thrive on speculations unlike some, still there is no confirmation of f10b is using chinese made engine, recent purchase of russian engine divulge the reality... don't forget you still using russian engine for under-powered jet like jf-17 as compared to j10 b

sirjee, we don't thrive on speculations unlike some, still there is no confirmation of f10b is using chinese made engine, recent purchase of russian engine divulge the reality... don't forget you still using russian engine for under-powered jet like jf-17 as compared to j10 b
They aren't getting this jet anytime soon. By 2014-6, Chinese engine should be ready.

I want to thank you FARHAN and ORANGZIB and few others....

reason being IN THE PAST i have attempted to advocate the J11 chinease FLANKER over the FC20.

let me explain.

JF17 will be improved much like the F16 went from F16/A/B dog fighter to F16/52 true muti roler to F16/60 aesa equipped mid 4th gen super falcon.

JFT will follow the same programme JFTMK1 current 50 + JFTMK2 improved weapons range. radar, compsites, AND then the ulimate JFT block 3 improved steath new generation weapons & cockpit post 2018.

I expect the unit cost to grow from $15m to $25m, too $40m each..... BUT this will be a unique PAF fighter designed and matured to PAF needs and future threat scenarios.

THE FC20 TOO DATE has been designed to MEET chinease needs and threats only... AND if the JFT mk3 is as good as people say it could be THERE FC20 will bring very little that is new to the PAF. I envisage some future FC20 TECH WILL BE IN thunder regardless.

LIMITED FUNDS means PAF have to think twice thrice how they use their funds today and in future. JFT MK3 and FC20 are too similar in role and doctrine to be worth the cost of induction.

J11 MKI for PAF.... in other words a FLANKER J11B or J11 specific to PAF would be a GREAT ADDITION giving PAF a much need heavey twin engined option that so many top air forces have globally.

FOR A START 50 J11 will give the indian navy a major headache ( combat radius 1000km with twice the load of the JFT or F16)

MULTIPLE long range ruise missle strike capability and FUTURE access to UKRAINIAN BVR missles for the J11 like R27 & R77 and not just SD10...

The options simply multiple for PAF operationally effectiveness

50 J11 MKI
150 Thunder mk1 2 & 3
60+ F16 52/mlu
120 F7/PG

by 2018 is very possible and a MUCH more balanced air force

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom