What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I have these pics but it was rumored that these pictures are from J-10B Cockpit. Can you please confirm on what J-10 Varient are you referring to here??

these pic from chinese offcial website .it is j10 block2 cockpit

j10.jpg
[/IMG]

link;
http://mil.huanqiu.com/photo/newpic/2009-11/641321.html

Hi,

Is the J 10 / FC 20 dead for pakistan---is that what air force monthly is reporting!!!!!

Hi,

Is the J 10 / FC 20 dead for pakistan---is that what air force monthly is reporting!!!!!

I dont think so, cuz if it were, then PAF would have shown a lot of urgency for more and more vipers. if J-10B is not for PLAAF then for whom? general Export market? 2015 is still 4 years from now. I heard that FC-20 will start arriving from Mid 2013, which is also almost 2 years away, so lets just sit and relax and see how things develop.

I dont think so, cuz if it were, then PAF would have shown a lot of urgency for more and more vipers. if J-10B is not for PLAAF then for whom? general Export market? 2015 is still 4 years from now. I heard that FC-20 will start arriving from Mid 2013, which is also almost 2 years away, so lets just sit and relax and see how things develop.

Hasnain,

A member on a sister site def info is stating / quoting that the AFM stating the FC20 dead for pakistan-----! My question is in relation to that.

Hasnain,

A member on a sister site def info is stating / quoting that the AFM stating the FC20 dead for pakistan-----! My question is in relation to that.

Yeah i read that article, the wording was, "it is thought that the cost was deemed prohibitive and order was canceled", so it was author's own perception, hannan said that PAF had got a very generous offer. Now honestly think that what we have been talking about J-10B in 30 Million USD a piece, good systems do cost more, so J-10B will cost more if it comes with advanced systems of J-20.At current PAF is busy with JFT and F-16s. And apparently wants to get done with these two tasks as soon as possible. Unless we hear something drastic coming out which would sound like Plan B, we can not say that FC-20 plan has been scrapped.

there is no doubt that j-10 is a perfect air frame but the difficulty is the avionics.China is far behind than west in this field.PAF wants western avionics over its FC-20,this will increase the fighter price to almost 1.5 times.As PAF plans to induct more F-15 blk 52 and used USAF fighters with upgradation so it does not has the financial muscle to do all this JFT programme running fast.But the FC-20 project is still intact and all we see are difficulties which do rise.

there is no doubt that j-10 is a perfect air frame but the difficulty is the avionics.China is far behind than west in this field.PAF wants western avionics over its FC-20,this will increase the fighter price to almost 1.5 times.As PAF plans to induct more F-15 blk 52 and used USAF fighters with upgradation so it does not has the financial muscle to do all this JFT programme running fast.But the FC-20 project is still intact and all we see are difficulties which do rise.

How do you say China is far behind the west? they have a demonstrator for 5th Gen flying, can you build a 5th Gen fighter with 3rd gen systems? look at the avionics package for JFT, it is as good as any western jet. So dont under estimate Chinese progress, US made a fatal mistake by estimating 5th Gen around 2020,2030 and you see what happened...

How do you say China is far behind the west? they have a demonstrator for 5th Gen flying, can you build a 5th Gen fighter with 3rd gen systems? look at the avionics package for JFT, it is as good as any western jet. So dont under estimate Chinese progress, US made a fatal mistake by estimating 5th Gen around 2020,2030 and you see what happened...

Hasnain Bhai you know you wasted your time typing three lines as a reply when reposting the GIF in your post # 3888 would have sufficed.

the gap with china when compared to the west is in engine manufacturing. in all other areas they have made great strides.

mate the main area china is behind west is the engine not the avionics.. we estimate it is 20 years gap between u.s and china in jet engine field.

mate the main area china is behind west is the engine not the avionics.. we estimate it is 20 years gap between u.s and china in jet engine field.

Sir,

It is more like 50 years---regarding fighter aircraft engines.

Sir,

It is more like 50 years---regarding fighter aircraft engines.

No we are not. The most powerful fighter engine the US will be fielding is the F 135 with a maximum thrust of 191Kn. China will be using the WS 15 which will produce a maximum of 180Kn.

No we are not. The most powerful fighter engine the US will be fielding is the F 135 with a maximum thrust of 191Kn. China will be using the WS 15 which will produce a maximum of 180Kn.

F-135 is not designed to supercruise, it is not the same type of engine as F-119.

Whereas WS-15 is the same LBR type of engine as F-119, but presumably it will be more powerful.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom