What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Thanks for your reply... few more questions...1 is PAF aircheif said that MRCA will make difference so why he said that...2nd J10 is also comming in twin engine...now plz dont tell me its not in our doctrine...we can hve both...single engine and twin engine
if there is a twin engine thing, its basically a product for PLA navy.PAF may not be interested in it

Thanks for your reply... few more questions...1 is PAF aircheif said that MRCA will make difference so why he said that...2nd J10 is also comming in twin engine...now plz dont tell me its not in our doctrine...we can hve both...single engine and twin engine

Because apart from MRCA we also have to negate large fleet of MKI's that will be somewhere around 270 mark and also FC-20's are inducted in limited numbers ,just 2 squadrons as of now,there are rumors that the order may go upto 150 but still you can't bank on rumors until and unless there is some solid background .

The twin engine of J-10 which has been rumored around as J-10C is still nowhere near reality ,we even don't know that will it ever materialize or its just a paper concept .even if there is development going on of J-10C still we can't go for it as it will take a lot of time for PAF to induct them and time is essence in this case

Secondly Twin engine doesnot always mean that it is better ,when you can accomplish your purpose with single engine then whats the need to burden yourself.

And yes according to AFDP PAF is refrained from inducting any twin engine aircraft until 2019.Yes we have operated twin engine aircrafts in past but that was a different case

I think This pretty much sums up every thing. The benchmark for J-10B was none other than desert falcon (what i can confirm is that UAE funded the development of Desert falcon so there is a good reason to believe that such information would have been used for J-10B RFP).
to know more on desert falcon please consider the following link
The UAE’s F-16 Block 60 Desert Falcon Fleet

Husnain the more focus would have been on the AESA radar of desert falcons and the know how of it other then that i don't see anything as Desert falcons have almost everything similar to our Block 52's ,the different is just AESA radar .

Husnain the more focus would have been on the AESA radar of desert falcons and the know how of it other then that i don't see anything as Desert falcons have almost everything similar to our Block 52's ,the different is just AESA radar .

of course our block 52 came after desert falcons. so once in place, these upgrades would have been on offer. What i was trying to point is that since a similar version is put against RFP of MRCA, thus benchmarking Desert falcon would mean meeting or exceeding MCRA requirements indirectly

I think This pretty much sums up every thing. The benchmark for J-10B was none other than desert falcon (what i can confirm is that UAE funded the development of Desert falcon so there is a good reason to believe that such information would have been used for J-10B RFP).
to know more on desert falcon please consider the following link
The UAE’s F-16 Block 60 Desert Falcon Fleet

ok agreed the benchmark is Block 60.....but if chinese can meet this benchmark for J10B...why cant they meet the same benchmark for JF17 thunder....why is PAF looking eueropean countries for it...and how better is Block 60 AESA rader from Block 52+ that we got..

ok agreed the benchmark is Block 60.....but if chinese can meet this benchmark for J10B...why cant they meet the same benchmark for JF17 thunder....why is PAF looking eueropean countries for it...and how better is Block 60 AESA rader from Block 52+ that we got..

this is pakistan's way of helping china out.

1. china will not put PLA standard radar/avionics on the jf-17 because the plane can be easily inspect by western nations. that will be like giving secrets away.

2. european system are decent and they will make the jf-17 potent. It also keeps china updated on foreign technology. Not necesarily for copying because they might not be better, but at least for having the intelligence...

Because apart from MRCA we also have to negate large fleet of MKI's that will be somewhere around 270 mark and also FC-20's are inducted in limited numbers ,just 2 squadrons as of now,there are rumors that the order may go upto 150 but still you can't bank on rumors until and unless there is some solid background .

The twin engine of J-10 which has been rumored around as J-10C is still nowhere near reality ,we even don't know that will it ever materialize or its just a paper concept .even if there is development going on of J-10C still we can't go for it as it will take a lot of time for PAF to induct them and time is essence in this case

Secondly Twin engine doesnot always mean that it is better ,when you can accomplish your purpose with single engine then whats the need to burden yourself.

And yes according to AFDP PAF is refrained from inducting any twin engine aircraft until 2019.Yes we have operated twin engine aircrafts in past but that was a different case

yeah u hve got some weight in ur argument...but i dont think PAF has conciered anything to counter MRCA..they are only reling on FC20 and JF17 as yet..????

of course our block 52 came after desert falcons. so once in place, these upgrades would have been on offer. What i was trying to point is that since a similar version is put against RFP of MRCA, thus benchmarking Desert falcon would mean meeting or exceeding MCRA requirements indirectly

The F-16 offered to India is of version F-16IN which was said to be most advanced version, so it is still to see what were the additions to desert falcon to convert it into IN ,secondly there is not only F-16IN competing rather then variety of other platforms with everyone having unique speciality and characteristics thats why i said comparing FC-20 on one-on-one basis is just impossible . Also i don't see MRCA going to F-16

yeah u hve got some weight in ur argument...but i dont think PAF has conciered anything to counter MRCA..they are only reling on FC20 and JF17 as yet..????

You forgot to mention f-16's too and that too being upgraded too block 52 standard .

With the kind of budget PAF has (thanks to our economy and poor policies) These 3 platforms are more then enough,mean with such cash strapped country how much you can go for .we already have done quite a bit to with limited budget to maintain a nice blend of modernization .

If economy gets better then we might see something else but till then these are the backbone

You forgot to mention f-16's too and that too being upgraded too block 52 standard .

With the kind of budget PAF has (thanks to our economy and poor policies) These 3 platforms are more then enough,mean with such cash strapped country how much you can go for .we already have done quite a bit to with limited budget to maintain a nice blend of modernization .

If economy gets better then we might see something else but till then these are the backbone

hey u mind adding me on yahoo or msn...its shanixeee@yahoo.com..or xeeshan1@hotmail.com...we can talk
regards

The F-16 offered to India is of version F-16IN which was said to be most advanced version, so it is still to see what were the additions to desert falcon to convert it into IN ,secondly there is not only F-16IN competing rather then variety of other platforms with everyone having unique speciality and characteristics thats why i said comparing FC-20 on one-on-one basis is just impossible . Also i don't see MRCA going to F-16

inbuilt IRST is the most prominent upgrade in block 70. well in systems, it will be pretty much on par with Desert Falcon (or some additions from JSF program but i dont see much difference as Block 60 came in a time where the JSF and F-22 programs existed). to know more, here is the link and you can compare it with the information about desert falcon i posted before
F-16IN Super Viper | Lockheed Martin

this is pakistan's way of helping china out.

1. china will not put PLA standard radar/avionics on the jf-17 because the plane can be easily inspect by western nations. that will be like giving secrets away.

2. european system are decent and they will make the jf-17 potent. It also keeps china updated on foreign technology. Not necesarily for copying because they might not be better, but at least for having the intelligence...

It goes both ways..when we make sure the new Block 52's dont get scanned by the Chinese, we make sure the chinese hardware does not get inspected by the West.
No restrictions as such.

for what???....Radar is now confirmed to be Chinese as PAF gears building them in house. Engine is also not going to Europeans. Avionics are being built in house also. Where did you read now PAF is looking to west. If you are mentioning the french deal. There has not been anything on this for a long time now. So IMHO, PAF is looking to put local components on JFT.

It goes both ways..when we make sure the new Block 52's dont get scanned by the Chinese, we make sure the chinese hardware does not get inspected by the West.
No restrictions as such.

well pilot is the most important one in whole scenerio....wat i am trying to say is that he is the person who know everything in his finger tips.. doesnt matter even if u dont show Block 52 to chinese but pilot can brief them how it works and wat kind of interface it it is having

well pilot is the most important one in whole scenerio....wat i am trying to say is that he is the person who know everything in his finger tips.. doesnt matter even if u dont show Block 52 to chinese but pilot can brief them how it works and wat kind of interface it it is having

There is a difference in somebody telling you
"its a great jet, excellent maneuverability and great avionics"

and

"corner velocity is at 450knots with 98% RPM indicated, the radar scans between one tenth of a millisecond at 50hz intervals."

I dont think the Pilots indulge in the latter.

Back
Top Bottom