What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

but what makes me wonder that if the other one is J-10-21 then why SAC is assigned a design in which CAC already has expertise. I mean I am 99% sure that SAC design will be different from CAC i.e. J-10 structure. I suspect SU-47 type fighter because I read it somewhere that Sukhoi was actively looking for customers for SU-47 but perhaps not allowed by RuAF as the project was funded by them. I suspect SAC would have purchased the program from SuDB and would be modifying it now. But this is all my personal views, feel free to disagree

J20(CAC leading,SAC assist) is Air superiority.
I belibve SAC's 5'th G fighter will be Conventional layout,super regula.
And one thing i can sure:China won't follow Russia.Needless to say Su47.

but what makes me wonder that if the other one is J-10-21 then why SAC is assigned a design in which CAC already has expertise. I mean I am 99% sure that SAC design will be different from CAC i.e. J-10 structure. I suspect SU-47 type fighter because I read it somewhere that Sukhoi was actively looking for customers for SU-47 but perhaps not allowed by RuAF as the project was funded by them. I suspect SAC would have purchased the program from SuDB and would be modifying it now. But this is all my personal views, feel free to disagree

You mean J10-21 is Former plunder wing?
I don't think so.

27_66_4f163735119bdb6.jpg

27_66_2d0f3c2369408d5.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

27_66_6f7715958ae79c8.jpg

27_66_20b744904692690.jpg

27_66_8071b60b3043e93.jpg

Looks like J-XX stole all of J-10's attention...

Any ways does anyone know whether PLAAF will induct J-10B or will it be an export variant, as some claim?

Looks like J-XX stole all of J-10's attention...

Any ways does anyone know whether PLAAF will induct J-10B or will it be an export variant, as some claim?
more likely yes as the latest flight leaks did indicate PLAAF insignia on J-10B, an indication of its induction. btw someone (Chinese member) posted here that PLAAF will induct it in early 2011

J10A and J10B will both inducted dozens per year.

As per my information, J-10B will replace the standard model of future production for PLAAF and will be inducted, not J-10A. Once induction completes around 2018-2019, then in the second phase J-10As of PLAAF will be going through upgrade to J-10B

As per my information, J-10B will replace the standard model of future production for PLAAF and will be inducted, not J-10A. Once induction completes around 2018-2019, then in the second phase J-10As of PLAAF will be going through upgrade to J-10B

There is some pneumatic Structure layout difference between J10A and J10B,so it can't say update to J10B level.and PLA has lots of J7s/J8s to replace,so upgrate J10a to J10B is Very low cost-effectiveness ratio.You should know the avionics of j10A is in high standard now.
And It's much more expensive for J10B,which limit purchase quantity in time of peace.

Last edited:
Yes,I heard somebody said:All test is OK,and J10B will be induct in2011.
Although the best Air combat ability fighter is J10B in China,There are two points limit it:
1:engine,WS10A still have time to improve stability,and Increase thrust.PLA won't equipt lots unless engine will be OK.
2:Single fighter has a Inherent disadvantages,short Combat radius and low load.In defensive,It's perfect.But the large area of South China sea and vast territory need long Combat radius and high load heavy fighter.

yeah this is what suspects me. But interestingly there has also been romurs about JH-7B stealth striker. If this idea is materialized, then i can expect a single engine fighter out of SAC. However, this is interesting to see
2lk8hnk.jpg

This is a UCAV not a fighter.

So, any confirmation about radar of J-10B/FC-20? want to know, if it would be an AESA.

Back
Top Bottom