What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

YouTube - PLAAF 81 Aerobatic Team Air Show China 2010(music+orignal sound)
10112820442f3a19912a419ad6.jpg

101128203457e77407a4a99d15.jpg

1011282034eed35b460a1899ba.jpg

J10s were kissing in the sky
E___5454ZHYXPWFG.gif
E___4239ZHYXPWFG.gif

Last edited:
Guys keep J-20 material out of this thread please. There are already 10 different threads on the subject.

I recently watched a movie called "Tomorrow when the war began". It is an Australian movie which shows Asians invading Australia. During the war a group of teenage friends who are left alone in their town fight for their lives. A very good movie overall.

In one scene, they have shown an animated dogfight which looks very realistic. In the cinema, I couldn't identify the planes. I downloaded the movie to check. To my amazement the planes were Boeing F-18 and Chengdu J-10. I am pretty sure about the J-10. On Wikipedia it said that the plane was JF-17! I made the correction on the page. In the dogfight, J-10 blows up a F18 using a missile. I thought it'd be interesting to share it here. So I cut that part of the video and uploaded on YouTube for you guys to see. Enjoy!

YouTube - F18 Shot By J10 [Extract From Tomorrow When The War Began]

I recently watched a movie called "Tomorrow when the war began". It is an Australian movie which shows Asians invading Australia. During the war a group of teenage friends who are left alone in their town fight for their lives. A very good movie overall.

In one scene, they have shown an animated dogfight which looks very realistic. In the cinema, I couldn't identify the planes. I downloaded the movie to check. To my amazement the planes were Boeing F-18 and Chengdu J-10. I am pretty sure about the J-10. On Wikipedia it said that the plane was JF-17! I made the correction on the page. In the dogfight, J-10 blows up a F18 using a missile. I thought it'd be interesting to share it here. So I cut that part of the video and uploaded on YouTube for you guys to see. Enjoy!

interesting i suppose, but the book the movie is based on, gives no indications of who the hostile power invading Australia is, in fact multiple clues given leads one to conclude that no nation on earth meets the criteria of the invader in the book

Exactly! And I have not assumed that it was China. I have read the book and it does give hints that they might be Asians. Lets not just get into this discussion. Just watch the animation and admire its reality.

Exactly! And I have not assumed that it was China. I have read the book and it does give hints that they might be Asians. Lets not just get into this discussion. Just watch the animation and admire its reality.
Well, Ausairpower thinks China to be the biggest threat to Australia, if you look at all of their analysis, the major threats are China, Malaysia, Indonesia and all the russian equipment operators, so its pretty logical that they would have portrayed China invading them
Air Power Australia - Home Page

N China is one of the biggest if not the biggest investor in aus, so much so that mandarin is being taught as a second language in schools.

While in reality the aus foreign policy looks at china as the enemy.

I saw this movie in the cinema. The missile used to kill the F-18 looked like PL-12. Though using gun then missiles seems stupid.

Still might be Indonesia though. Apparently Indonesia has shown interest in the J-10 and given how China provided Su-30 trainings in the past a deal could certainly fall through.

Chengdu-J-10B-Prototype-1031-2S.jpg

In early 2009 images of the first prototype of the advanced J-10B variant emerged on a number of Chinese websites.

The design has a number of prominent changes which will improve performance and capabilities.

The radome geometry has been altered with a new tilted bulkhead which will reduce radar bay RCS. Aft of the radome is mounted a new electro-optical sensor turret, most likely an Infra-Red Search / Track (IRST) set. The dark colour could be a painted dummy optical dome, or a Germanium longwave dome.

The most important design change is the completely revised higher massflow inlet design. The new inlet combines two design features observed in earlier US designs, a general arrangement similar to the F-8U3 Crusader III prototype, and a diverterless inlet bulge design similar to the F-16 demonstrator used to prove the inlet design for the X-35 JSF demonstrators. The inlet to fuselage join will significantly reduce the radar signature of the forward fuselage in the upper bands.

Other interesting changes include an extended antenna fairing on the vertical fin, and large inboard pylons - or instrumentation pods - with what appear to be dielectric radomes over the front and aft of the pylon. The prototype carries inert PL-8 Python 3 rounds.

To date no performance figures have been disclosed. What is clear is that this design has been engineered to be fitted with a more powerful engine and radar than the J-10A.

Chengdu-J-10B-Prototype-1031-2S.jpg

In early 2009 images of the first prototype of the advanced J-10B variant emerged on a number of Chinese websites.

The design has a number of prominent changes which will improve performance and capabilities.

The radome geometry has been altered with a new tilted bulkhead which will reduce radar bay RCS. Aft of the radome is mounted a new electro-optical sensor turret, most likely an Infra-Red Search / Track (IRST) set. The dark colour could be a painted dummy optical dome, or a Germanium longwave dome.

The most important design change is the completely revised higher massflow inlet design. The new inlet combines two design features observed in earlier US designs, a general arrangement similar to the F-8U3 Crusader III prototype, and a diverterless inlet bulge design similar to the F-16 demonstrator used to prove the inlet design for the X-35 JSF demonstrators. The inlet to fuselage join will significantly reduce the radar signature of the forward fuselage in the upper bands.

Other interesting changes include an extended antenna fairing on the vertical fin, and large inboard pylons - or instrumentation pods - with what appear to be dielectric radomes over the front and aft of the pylon. The prototype carries inert PL-8 Python 3 rounds.

To date no performance figures have been disclosed. What is clear is that this design has been engineered to be fitted with a more powerful engine and radar than the J-10A.

please refrain from posting information which has already been posted here many times before, let this thread be a debate rather than a cyclic thread or a photoalbum

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!forgive me!

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!
A chinese friend

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!forgive me!

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!forgive!

claimed to be J-10B cockpit...this somewhat affirms my suspicions about J-10B being the testbed for J-20 Systems
hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4301-j10b-simulator6.jpg

hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4302-j10b-simulator7.jpg

hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4298-j10b-simulator2.jpg

hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4299-j10b-simulator4.jpg

hasnain0099-albums-wallpaper-blaw-blaw-blaw-picture4300-j10b-simulator5.jpg

here is F-22s cockpit
f22_cockpit_image.jpg

FA-22&

Back
Top Bottom