What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

1. nose like su-27 style

the noses don't look that much alike.
2. Air intakes like F-16 & lavi though j-10 have flat type

what's wrong with that??? if 2 planes have this design then 1 more would make j-10 a copy?
3. Canards like rafale ( close to wings ) and like EFT ( in size )
Atlas Cheetah
Chengdu J-10
Dassault Rafale
Eurofighter Typhoon
Grumman X-29A
IAI Lavi
McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 S/MTD
Pterodactyl Ascender
Rockwell-MBB X-31
Saab JAS 39 Gripen
Sukhoi Su-30 MKI
Sukhoi Su-33
Sukhoi Su-34
Sukhoi Su-35
Sukhoi Su-37
Sukhoi Su-47

all have canards, but it doesn't make them a copy of each other

4. streamlined fuselage like that of f-16

a pretty normal feature for a plane! it needs to aerodynamic...
5. canopy like gripen with dropped nose cone
Alot of planes have a bubble canopy, doesn't make them copies.
6. wings like lavi but much improved
the wings on the Lavi are swept back, the wings on j-10 look like the ones on EFT and Grippen.

J-10 truly is an amazing aircraft! :china:

757b653441dfdc8262900bba0766430a.jpg

697ccb9526fe76dd2fbfd25d62f4dd50.jpg

7eb744ba3eb2353e5a8ea3dd3e8b7e48.jpg

57d4dbda6c4e44e41344b6672bec6e7e.jpg

the noses don't look that much alike.

what's wrong with that??? if 2 planes have this design then 1 more would make j-10 a copy?

Atlas Cheetah
Chengdu J-10
Dassault Rafale
Eurofighter Typhoon
Grumman X-29A
IAI Lavi
McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 S/MTD
Pterodactyl Ascender
Rockwell-MBB X-31
Saab JAS 39 Gripen
Sukhoi Su-30 MKI
Sukhoi Su-33
Sukhoi Su-34
Sukhoi Su-35
Sukhoi Su-37
Sukhoi Su-47

all have canards, but it doesn't make them a copy of each other

a pretty normal feature for a plane! it needs to aerodynamic...

Alot of planes have a bubble canopy, doesn't make them copies.

the wings on the Lavi are swept back, the wings on j-10 look like the ones on EFT and Grippen.

J-10 truly is an amazing aircraft! :china:

I don,t say that by having air intake below fuelsage j10 is a copy but inspired from it.nose also inspired frm su-27.

I said it is very good to place canards close to wings, many fighters inspired frm it , i dont tell it as a copy
the wings on lavi are swept back (u r right, but it can give inspiration)

i said streamlined body of j10 look like f-16 and lavi.

above all I am a fan of j10
and i dont tell it as a copy but told that it is bleesed with many good features of potent fighters of today that make it very maneuverable
aircraft of today.:china::whistle::welcome:

By the way, I am new at this forum.

i think thats while this one lost to MiG-29M in Myanmar????????

FC-20 is still in testing and not for sale to anyone.

J-10 was offered(no official sources?).... Mig 29 won.... coz it was cheap and they were already making it... hence tht would be far expensive for a poor country like myanmar.

Logic.

Last edited:

The Burmese purchased their first batch of MIG-29s in 2001. They have experience operating the 29s. Besides I'm not sure that the PLAAF is willing to sell the J-10As until Pakistan receives the first batch (2014) since the J-10A is still China's premier fighter.

Aaahhhh, the usual Indian line that J-10 lost, based on unofficial news sources.

Can anyone of you provide the official source from China to have presented the J-10 to Burma, or anything from Burma. J-10 are using Russian engines, how come China will be selling the J-10s to another country of they don't have the permission for re-export.

Aaahhhh, the usual Indian line that J-10 lost, based on unofficial news sources.

Can anyone of you provide the official source from China to have presented the J-10 to Burma, or anything from Burma. J-10 are using Russian engines, how come China will be selling the J-10s to another country of they don't have the permission for re-export.

indeed, thats why Chinese are so intense on their engine development.I mean hoestly, Russia will never allow China to capture Russian Market by using Russian Engines. In fact, Russian did not expected from Chinese platforms to outclass theirs. Thats why we often see frequent requests by Sukhoi and MigDB from Russian government to stop the engine exports.J-10 will not be exportable unless it getting the most awaited WS-10A (which is almost double the life of AL-31F and at least similar power)

indeed, thats why Chinese are so intense on their engine development.I mean hoestly, Russia will never allow China to capture Russian Market by using Russian Engines. In fact, Russian did not expected from Chinese platforms to outclass theirs. Thats why we often see frequent requests by Sukhoi and MigDB from Russian government to stop the engine exports.J-10 will not be exportable unless it getting the most awaited WS-10A (which is almost double the life of AL-31F and at least similar power)

I want repeat my point again

We need question that

Does China has enough produce capacity of WS-10A?

J-11B/J-11BS/J-15 is in prior position compare with J-10, and they may consume hunderd engine a year.

I think J-10 will rely on Rassian engine for another couple years.

Back
Top Bottom