What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Dear Deino , this number and serial and connection between them, is our interpretation of them.
We have j-10 prototype with 100X

Yes, but these are the very first prototypes, maybe comparable to the J-20 2001 & 2002.

We haven't main blk for j-10A, That have a major changes, until define new serial number and seeing them.
But now have one prototype with major change, So we define a new serial number for them.
You say 1053 is a j-10C prototype and second batch of j-10B name is J-10C, but We seeing "201"(mean's first of second batch that naming J-10C) with MAW and additional blade Antenna that before on "1053" (mean's J-10B+C!) and in 2015 we seeing 2XX without MAW.

All these are contradictions.

I agree with You, that there are a few "issues" not entirely clear, but the pattern itself is quite clear and consistent.
If the aircraft 1051 would in fact be a plain and simple J-10B, why then a new number with "5" as third digit ? IMO this also shows - besides the differences to all later serial birds - that CAC and/or the PLAAF have issues a separate designation.

Final solution to our question would be a close-up image of a c/n of a "J-10C" - or Batch 02 J-10B if You prefer - similar to the one we've seen on the J-10B (Batch 01) in Zhuhai, which surely confirmed their designation for all critics.

Deino

Yes, but these are the very first prototypes, maybe comparable to the J-20 2001 & 2002.

I agree with You, that there are a few "issues" not entirely clear, but the pattern itself is quite clear and consistent.
If the aircraft 1051 would in fact be a plain and simple J-10B, why then a new number with "5" as third digit ? IMO this also shows - besides the differences to all later serial birds - that CAC and/or the PLAAF have issues a separate designation.

Final solution to our question would be a close-up image of a c/n of a "J-10C" - or Batch 02 J-10B if You prefer - similar to the one we've seen on the J-10B (Batch 01) in Zhuhai, which surely confirmed their designation for all critics.

Deino

Dear Deino
We agree with you that 1051or 201 have changes and upgrade in Compared with first j-10B, but remember first 60 J-10A aircraft built in CAC that update with Newer avionics in same time.
Now we facing with Same topic in first and second batch of J-10B.
In the near future we seeing batch 3 of j-10b, IF seeing one prototype(from batch-3) under serial number 104X that Have new version of WS-10 engine, additional MAW, New blade antenna with same AESA radar. we saying J-10D?!!!
In other hand we seeing Talk about new version naming "J-10D", two seater version with CFT ! ! !, that changing Name to J-10E ! ! ! !
I SAY AGAIN THIS IS OUR OPINION OF J-10 PRODUCTION S/N , Remember in 2006, some people talk about DSI for J-10B , but many says impossible , but We seeing J-10B with DSI in 2008.

Pardon ... with "Our" You want to say "it's my own" interpretation ??

Overall I agree with You especially Your argument concerning the later batches of J-10A are a good and most valid point. But why then are so many - also and esp. Chinese sources - call these Batch 02 J-10Bs a J-10C ??

And finally concerning this J-10E ... only "Your" guesswork or is there more behind? It's the first time someone mentioned it here ....

Thanks & cheers,
Deino

Overall I agree with You especially Your argument concerning the later batches of J-10A are a good and most valid point. But why then are so many - also and esp. Chinese sources - call these Batch 02 J-10Bs a J-10C ??

And finally concerning this J-10E ... only "Your" guesswork or is there more behind? It's the first time someone mentioned it here ....

Thanks & cheers,
Deino
Sir i madly confused now . Is there even something such as J-10 C or the ones we call j10c are actually j10b block2 ???

That's exactly the question. I don't know who was the first to mention the Batch 02 a J-10C but since then this designation seems to be a widely accepted "fact" ...

Like I noted yesterday, the only proof which could solve this would be a close-up image of such a Batch 02 bird showing its c/n as on this J-10B Batch 01 at Zhuhai: J-10B no. 10537 - 2. Division is clearly designated as a "B" by its c/n J10B0117.

So, let's go out and look for an operational Batch 02 aircraft ...

J-10B 10537 - 2. Division - Zhuhai - cn J10B0117.jpg

That's exactly the question. I don't know who was the first to mention the Batch 02 a J-10C but since then this designation seems to be a widely accepted "fact" ...

Like I noted yesterday, the only proof which could solve this would be a close-up image of such a Batch 02 bird showing its c/n as on this J-10B Batch 01 at Zhuhai: J-10B no. 10537 - 2. Division is clearly designated as a "B" by its c/n J10B0117.

So, let's go out and look for an operational Batch 02 aircraft ...

View attachment 374695
i wonder who started this "C" thing...anything official in this regard?

Thanks & cheers,
Deino
Dear Deino

If I used the word "we", I closed all together( you, me and all here).
But about J-10C, which officials Authorities of PLAAF or CAC confirmed the J-10C existence? This name, only build by Chinese Internet FAN.
About J-10E this is only Example.

Dear Deino

If I used the word "we", I closed all together( you, me and all here).
But about J-10C, which officials Authorities of PLAAF or CAC confirmed the J-10C existence? This name, only build by Chinese Internet FAN.
About J-10E this is only Example.

None of the subclass designations have been confirmed, but serial numbers on factory-fresh airframes suggest that the "C" variant is a distinct model from earlier iterations. Airframe modifications also suggest the same.

None of the subclass designations have been confirmed, but serial numbers on factory-fresh airframes suggest that the "C" variant is a distinct model from earlier iterations. Airframe modifications also suggest the same.

Yes, that's apply to J-10B too. There is no official subclass designations from the maker of these birds. But they (the factory) aware that people in the internet call them J-10B and J-10C

Yes, that's apply to J-10B too. There is no official subclass designations from the maker of these birds. But they (the factory) aware that people in the internet call them J-10B and J-10C
No .. if You look closely on the A-models, then they have a cn applied all over the airframe and that is J10Axxxx, the same can be seen on that bird shown at Zhuhai, which is clearly labeled J10B with its cn.

So at least the A and B models are officially.

Deino

Last edited:

A non-Pakistani/Chinese YouTube Channel by the name Gallery Military in a recent video claimed that Pakistan has purchased two squardons of J-10s.

Published on 16 Mar 2017
Pakistan and China have been cooperating for a number of years on the JF-17/ FC-1 Thunder, a low-medium performance, low-cost aircraft that has attracted interest and orders from a number of 3rd World air forces. In November 2016, a long-rumored deal was announced for China’s Jian-10/ FC-20 4+ generation fighter, whose overall performance compares well with the F-16C/D Block 52 aircraft that Pakistan has ordered from the United States.
The J-10 has been reported as a derivative of the 1980s Israeli Lavi project, and reportedly incorporates an Israeli fly-by-wire control base that was transferred in the project’s early years. The change in relations that followed the Tienanmen Square massacre hurt the J-10 project badly, however, forcing the replacement of planned Western avionics and engines with Chinese and Russian equipment. The required redesign was very extensive, affected all areas of the airframe, and took over a decade, amounting to the development of a new aircraft. The first operational J-10 unit entered service with the PLAAF
China has reportedly ordered 100 J-10s to date. The initial Pakistani order is for 2 squadrons, but could expand as technical cooperation and orders increase. The $1+ billion sale represents the J-10’s first export order… but almost certainly not its last.

Back
Top Bottom