What's new

Chenab: Pakistan’s river of love

pa g naal taza darya dhi machi hoey othey koyley tey bun buna k khaye :smitten:

App Sialkot se hien :tup: sialkoti

Sir app bhi Sialkot se hien ?
Maira to nanka hay sialkot near the indian border jis mandir ki aap pic post kartain hain wo mairay gaon kay pass hay people think its haunted lol

Na khain moti ho jayen gi aap salaad kay patay khain bus :D

Maira to nanka hay sialkot near the indian border jis mandir ki aap pic post kartain hain wo mairay gaon kay pass hay people think its haunted lol
I too heard stories one small madir local people call it mandhi located in our land in village many people claims to saw supernatural things. But i my self never saw any thing.

At Maral Headworks
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I am a man in love with Rivers & Chenab being close to my house ( ancestral farm land on the banks of Chenab ) is especially close to my heart. Much as we ( people living next to the river ) dread flooding every year it also brings out the best out of us. I remember how back in 1990s how the young & the old were in a competition to catch timber flowing downwards from Kashmir. It was almost suicidal but they would stil jump in & try their luck. The fact that they made a sport out of calamity was some thing worth watching. How evey one got together & helped each other forgetting their blood feuds, young lads risking their lives & refusing to leave the side of their farm animals. Farmers holding on to their Buffaloes by their tail & swimming miles to guide their stock to safety. I still romanticise the hot summer days when you would run away from school & end up at the river for a swim & munch water melons, the summer holidays grazing cattle in the river delta. The excitement of hunting wild boars during winter months & spending nights at the river side dera feasting over fish & murghabi. The occasional news of some one drowning in the river or a Police Muqabla ( pretty regular in 90s & early 2000s ) brought a strange sense of excitement. I often pity myself for not being there for long enough as life took me some where else.

The area around Bajwat & between Tavis is absolutely amazing especially after a good few hours of rain as the mountains become crystal clear in the near by Jammu valley. I grew up hearing the stories about the area from my grandpa who used to take His herd of cattle over there for grazing from March to July evey year. I finally managed to go along with him in 2004 & seeing so many herders & farmers with their cattle over there was one of the best experiences of my life.

Last year summed it up for me.
For the very first time & perhaps the only time in my life I wasn't excited about going back as I heard the tragic news of my grandpa passing away & me not being able to reach his funeral. There was no sense of joy, the nostalgia disappeared for me as I saw the end of an era. From my roof top at night time I could see continuous lightning in the distant hills while it was baking hot over here with news of massive floods in Jammu but then it came pouring down with vengeance & GOD knows how soothing & beautiful it was. Even though the floods brought a lot of tragedy with them but for me they brought back my nostalgia again.

There is a Punjabi saying describing the characteristics of people dwelling next to each river & the one about Chenab goes as ' chana Ashiqa' meaning Chenab is of Lovers & I agree with that.

Last edited:
I am a man in love with Rivers & Chenab being close to my house ( ancestral farm land on the banks of Chenab ) is especially close to my heart. Much as we ( people living next to the river ) dread flooding every year it also brings out the best out of us. I remember how back in 1990s how the young & the old were in a competition to catch timber flowing downwards from Kashmir. It was almost suicidal but they would stil jump in & try their luck. The fact that they made a sport out of calamity was some thing worth watching. How evey one got together & helped each other forgetting their blood feuds, young lads risking their lives & refusing to leave the side of their farm animals. Farmers holding on to their Buffaloes by their tail & swimming miles to guide their stock to safety. I still romanticise the hot summer days when you would run away from school & end up at the river for a swim & munch water melons, the summer holidays grazing cattle in the river delta. The excitement of hunting wild boars during winter months & spending nights at the river side dera feasting over fish & murghabi. The occasional news of some one drowning in the river or a Police Muqabla ( pretty regular in 90s & early 2000s ) brought a strange sense of excitement. I often pity myself for not being there for long enough as life took me some where else.

The area around Bajwat & between Tavis is absolutely amazing especially after a good few hours of rain as the mountains become crystal clear in the near by Jammu valley. I grew up hearing the stories about the area from my grandpa who used to take His herd of cattle over there for grazing from March to July evey year. I finally managed to go along with him in 2004 & seeing so many herders & farmers with their cattle over there was one of the best experiences of my life.

Last year summed it up for me.
For the very first time & perhaps the only time in my life I wasn't excited about going back as I heard the tragic news of my grandpa passing away & me not being able to reach his funeral. There was no sense of joy, the nostalgia disappeared for me as I saw the end of an era. From my roof top at night time I could see continuous lightning in the distant hills while it was baking hot over here with news of massive floods in Jammu but then it came pouring down with vengeance & GOD knows how soothing & beautiful it was. Even though the floods brought a lot of tragedy with them but for me they brought back my nostalgia again.

There is a Punjabi saying describing the characteristics of people dwelling next to each river & the one about Chenab goes as ' chana Ashiqa' meaning Chenab is of Lovers & I agree with that.
What is the characteristic of people on jhelum?

@django @WAJsal @Ammara Chaudhry @Jazzbot

The river of mashooks

The view from my roof top
image.jpeg
What is the characteristic of people on jhelum?

@django @WAJsal @Ammara Chaudhry @Jazzbot

The river of mashooks

Bro, it's not very positive I am afraid. Bothe Jhelum & Ravi have it negative. Sindh has the most Positive as 'Sindh Sadiqa' meaning Sindh of Righteous ( or truthful if you want the literal meaning )

The view outside my maternal house
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Bro, it's not very positive I am afraid. Bothe Jhelum & Ravi have it negative. Sindh has the most Positive as 'Sindh Sadiqa' meaning Sindh of Righteous ( or truthful if you want the literal )
What is it btw?

How far is Takht Hazara, the village of Ranjha and Jhang Maghaina, the village of Heer from the banks of River Chenab?

Why is Chenab associated with many folklores of Punjab like Heer Ranjha, Mirza Sahiban?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom