What's new

Cheap way to guard the Afghan border

Okay i have bee reading alot of posts suggesting to buy expensive tech such as drones and other stuff to guard the 2,430km border with Afghanistan.

I have an idea to secure the border with a solid fail proof way.

Border length: 2,430km
New border posts: 6,075
New border force personell: 60,750
Salary per month per personell: 20,000 rs

My idea is to create 6,075 new border posts every 250 meters. This will cover the entire length of the border. In each border post there should be 10 personell. This will be a very secure and strong and will save us a lot of money as well provide tremendous security.

If any circumstances one border post is compromised then the neibouring border posts at only 250m distance away can provide support.

Now lets talk numbers, 60,750 new personell with 20,000rs each month would mean a total of 14580000000rs per year which is $118.4 million per year on salary alone. Now supplies and everything else taken into account this new force would most likely cost no more than $250 million a year.

So instead of opting for expensive high tech we can guard the border for cheaper and make it even more secure as well as providing 60,750 new jobs,

Your thoughts guys?
Appreciate your input, but this ain't cheap.
Infact a lot better and secure surveillance can be done in Rs 14b/year that may not even need that much of a manpower.
Best way would be to have UAV's CCTV's QRF and Snipers.

Here you go listen
Build long endurance drones as it will develop drone industry
And all this already avalible for Pakistan
As they already have armed and surveillance drone active and can get from china quickly
Inform both side of countries
Any who comes 10 KM close to border will be considered enemy supporter
Anyone who comes close 1KM to International border male , female, old , will be considered enemy combatant and Pakistan can take actions against that them for the safety of its citizen
Create post 100Km from each other which can support and maintain constant drone surveillance
As soon as anyone gets close UCAV can be relocated to site and as soon as they get inside 1KM drones take them out create buffer zone
So for 2500KM border Pakistan will need bigger 25 post off course they will act as mini bases
And will need bit more people but of these bases also be as guard bases for others carry QRF for support if enemy is in high numbers are they need to send extra support
Pakistan build a mini forward base which can support all these bases and can keep some transport and combat birds as it will lessen travel time and more air time in action for them
This base with 5 bigger post will provide support to all other 20 post
Advantages
Constant military physical personal on ground
Constant surveillance of Pak and Afg border and inside border
Build Pakistani drone industry
In this way it will lessen current response time
Less personal required
Long term cheaper solution
Will create buffer zone
Army personal will require less response time as they will know the area
Physical and drone activity will work as deterrent against enemy
In start it will be hard but after constant drone activity since this is not heavy populated area it can be done
If ANA goes against Pakistani drones Pakistan Air force can spank them
If time comes it will build capability for Pakistan to do constant missions inside Afghanistan easily
@Brave Khan @Imran Khan @LoveIcon

Leave border security to the military, they know what they are doing!

instead of 250 m post one fort on top of ridge can solve the problem... deploy more in flat and habitable zone... mined inhabitable zones... the valleys are to be guarded as no one climbed a hill to cross if guarded by drones...

You can build wall in age of empires along with castle, I use to do that atleast.
i was talking about posts and towers... yes walls, castles, keeps and towers but in Crusader you can impose tax, build play ground for positive influence etc etc.. snd build too many types of towers for archers and catapults...
upload_2018-9-25_1-55-55.jpeg

How about using suicide drones that patrol the area. Sounds fanciful but really not that difficult to achieve.

Basically it will be $1000 per kill so a short term waste but over the long term with a explosive border we will deter all crossing.

Fencing was the best decision… it reflects a visionary step.
It will mark the border for good, saving from much confusions in future, which arise due to propaganda.
It shows the line, which shouldn't be crossed.
It will... most certainly continue to agonize the foxes in Afghanistan, for the times to come.
It will,, prove to be a death trap of perpetrators. Frome now on, way back to safe heavens would be bloody as hell.
Manpower will be needed anyway for patrolling the fenced border.
Check posts have already been built and more will be built.
Non the less, People who are blinded with sectarian hate..... i mean the Pakistani allies of Northern Alliance, would never settle for any less than Pashtoon genocide…. be it Americans, ANA, Private contractor, mined land or drug addiction, all is halal for them. It's obvious that fence is not the right choice for such mafia.

Last edited:
Best way to guard the border is to hire some sellout Afghans, they will kill their own mothers for some Pakistani Rupees and Pakistan CNIC

Okay i have bee reading alot of posts suggesting to buy expensive tech such as drones and other stuff to guard the 2,430km border with Afghanistan.

My idea is to create 6,075 new border posts every 250 meters. This will cover the entire length of the border. In each border post there should be 10 personell. This will be a very secure and strong and will save us a lot of money as well provide tremendous security.

If any circumstances one border post is compromised then the neibouring border posts at only 250m distance away can provide support.

Now lets talk numbers, 60,750 new personell with 20,000rs each month would mean a total of 14580000000rs per year which is $118.4 million per year on salary alone. Now supplies and everything else taken into account this new force would most likely cost no more than $250 million a year.

So instead of opting for expensive high tech we can guard the border for cheaper and make it even more secure as well as providing 60,750 new jobs,

Your thoughts guys?

Armed drones would be most effective and efficient solution. Their long range thermal visibility in all weather conditions and ability to quickly respond with firepower makes them ideal solution.

Your thoughts guys?

Male uav drones 24 hours should guard our borders cheap wqy to protect our borders

ALthough the suggestion is not 100% wrong but i have few humble comments on that.

1) Pakistan Army Knows the best possible(Technically, Financially, viably, logistically, operably, etc.) solution for the border security and they are doing it the best way.

2) Soldier pay is not 20,000 its at least 25K and there are officers as well so on average the per head salary may go more than 35000.

3) 10 soldiers with 8 hours duty each only deploy 3.33 soldier at any given instance of time which is not possible even if the area on 3 sides(considering back is 100% secure) is 25mX25mX25m.

4) Building and maintaining forts and posts is itself a costly job.

5) Logistics through out the difficult regions for all the personals is itself a costly in terms of resources and time.

6) Artillery and mortar support is essential on top of this.

7) Technology is the only leveraging factor and PA can save a lot of lives and resources by utilizing techs like UAVs/UCAVs and other surveillance.

In my opinion PA has already taken all those measures nin the most optimised way.

Back
Top Bottom