What's new

CHASHMA 3 GETS ITS DOME

Why are we making MW plants when the shortage is GW!!

Yes i am well aware of the nuclear and solar power . I think solar is a better option, the largest solar power plant in the world is Solana if i am not mistaken.will produce 280 Mw.

Nuclear is less expensive and more durable are you sure, i bet if u ask Japaneses they will strongly disagree with you plus not to mention long term storage of used fuel chance of radiation leak.In case of solar plant no radiation leak plus no storage required.

Brother, I would suggest you update your knowledge on Nuclear reactors. The Japanese Fukishima reactor was a second generation reactor but the new third generation reactors that Pakistan is going to install in Chashma ( i.e. AP1000) with 1000MW capacity is safeguarded by more advanced technology which prevents such accidents. Here is some more Information on Third and upcoming fourth generation Nuclear reactors:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/255620-chinas-third-generation-nuclear-reactors.html

Why are we making MW plants when the shortage is GW!!

Our present capacity is nearly 21 gigawatt ( 21,000 MW) and our requirements are 18 Gigawatt. Some of our fossil based Plants are inactive because of non Payments to IPP's. The new nuclear plants will be 1000MW plants which is same as 1 GW, so your wish has been granted.....:D

We desperately need to start construction on Kalabagh Dam project and complete that project as soon as possible. It will not only provide 3600 megawatt electricity, but will also conserve our water resources and protect Sindh from devastating Floods that totally destroyed rural Sindh in 2012.

Each year millions of cubic acres worth of water ends up in the Arabian Sea and is wasted. The Dam will conserve that much needed water.

Solar is a big failure and extremely expensive to maintain..there are cell burn outs due to concentrated heat and then the manpower and clean water requirements to regularly wash them.

So far the Solar Panel's cost does not justify the meager amount of electricity it produces. However, as the cost of these Panels comes down, it has unlimited potential for Pakistan where sun shines 330 out of 365 days annually. Additionally, wind turbines also appear to be promising source as we have a lot of wind corridors.

Our present capacity is nearly 21 gigawatt ( 21,000 MW) and our requirements are 18 Gigawatt. Some of our fossil based Plants are inactive because of non Payments to IPP's. The new nuclear plants will be 1000MW plants which is same as 1 GW, so your wish has been granted.....:D

i heard the requirement was about 15gw

kuch kam tu ho raha hay.aur behtar karen capacity from nuclear.good way to go

Back
Top Bottom