What's new

CHASHMA 3 GETS ITS DOME

Get it cross checked by any third party before making it operational...;)

New new deal on which usa is making so much fusssszz about two new Reactors are the CHASHMA 3 & 4 or some other one because are said to be 1000mw reactors?????????????

I favour alternative and cheaper energy sources over nuclear. Solar, hydel and geo-thermal have no radioactive waste that needs special disposal plus the tech is relatively simpler to learn and develop locally.

I favour alternative and cheaper energy sources over nuclear. Solar, hydel and geo-thermal have no radioactive waste that needs special disposal plus the tech is relatively simpler to learn and develop locally.

Geothermal is nknowm territory for Pakistan..... Solar is still expensive due to solar panel expensive and li,itation of daylight only.

Geothermal is nknowm territory for Pakistan..... Solar is still expensive due to solar panel expensive and li,itation of daylight only.

Solar is no longer limited to daytime.

Large battery/energy-reserves can be used to store the extra energy from solar plants and used to power homes at night, when the energy requirements are often lower than the day. It is expensinve to maintain the plants and the battery, but the zero fuel import costs offer a huge cost-saving advantage to Pakistan.

Reducing our dependency on imported fuel is not just about money, it has its own strategic importance.

Pakistan have the best source of producing electricity without effecting the environment.

Solar Thermal energy is answer to many energy related problems Pakistan is facing today.

We have

Cholistan 16000 sq Km
Indus Valley Desert 19000 sq Km
Thar Desert 200000 sq Km.

With new technology in this field we can produce electricity for just 5-6 cents per KWh . i.e. approx 5 to 6 PKR per unit.

I hope instead of going to expensive means we go for green energy production.

It's nice to know our energy needs might be met, but Im actually afraid of the possibility if a mishap or an accident might acquire. Radiation would leak and poison the people, many might die. It's a terrible scenario to imagine, God forbid that. I hope we meet our enery needs someday and close these nuclear power plants as soon as possible. Inshallah.

Al Mighty has blessed with a country that has sun shine through out of the year we should concentrate on that more then nuclear energy.

Solar is much more expensive than the nuclear one! Hope you know the generation output of the largest solar plant in the world? and that of the largest nuclear plant in the world too? and if you know, see the investment in them!

I agree, nuclear power house takes much more time, but its eventually less expensive and more durable!

Solar is much more expensive than the nuclear one! Hope you know the generation output of the largest solar plant in the world? and that of the largest nuclear plant in the world too? and if you know, see the investment in them!

I agree, nuclear power house takes much more time, but its eventually less expensive and more durable!

Yes i am well aware of the nuclear and solar power . I think solar is a better option, the largest solar power plant in the world is Solana if i am not mistaken.will produce 280 Mw.

Nuclear is less expensive and more durable are you sure, i bet if u ask Japaneses they will strongly disagree with you plus not to mention long term storage of used fuel chance of radiation leak.In case of solar plant no radiation leak plus no storage required.

The govt-elect has prioritized producing energy from water, coal, wind and solar! that IMO is the right direction. US and China produce almost half of their electricity from coal and Pakistan has huge reservoirs too! but there are people who dont like any other fuel being used other than oil!

Yes i am well aware of the nuclear and solar power . I think solar is a better option, the largest solar power plant in the world is Solana if i am not mistaken.will produce 280 Mw.

Nuclear is less expensive and more durable are you sure, i bet if u ask Japaneses they will strongly disagree with you plus not to mention long term storage of used fuel chance of radiation leak.In case of solar plant no radiation leak plus no storage required.

What a load of BS.

Please tell me how much land does a 280MW solar farm requires? Nuclear offers safe, clean and reliable energy for decades. Japan was just one example of how not to do nuclear power. There has been only a few accidents of civilians nuclear plants.....and all were caused by human error.

Please tell me how many people die every year in coal mine explosions, oil rig disasters etc. Nuclear is the safest bet.

Country Needs a Subsidy for Solar Power Panels on National LEVEL.

180 Million people in Pakistan on average 10 people in family/home

Number of Houses in Pakistan 18 Million homes with roof (180 Million divided by 10)

Cost of High Standard Solar Power Spaniels produce 75% of your American home electricity Need cost $1,500 USD, the steel material could be made by Pakistan Steele and Panels could come from China

For 27 Billion USD dollars , Pakistan could Turn its 100% residential power needs from Hydro to Solar , Homes would pay solar energy bill monthly for 10 years.

+ Hydro Energy could be 90% changed to Industries
+ Solar Energy would drive Residential power 75%

You solve 3 problems
1) You have guaranteed electricity for Business centers higher Production and GDP
2) Your Residents have electricity 75% of home runs on Natural Energy
3) You are not IMPORTING Petrol and creating CIRCULAR DEBT

Ban would be imposed on "Petrol Based Electric Generators" and petroleum companies would be barred from selling Petrol based generators

Under this program : Solar Pannel would cost $1500-$2000, under subsidy program
The solar Panels last for 20-30 years

but People of Pakistan can also buy the system on their own !!

Lets see where Pakistani people are spending big lets examine cars on Roads

Comparatively Cars in Pakistan Cost : $4000-8,000

Price Comparison, these are cars that people of Pakistan Routinely buy All Cash

Toyota Land Cruiser Old model -------------- $9,000 USD approximately
Honda Civic --------------------------------$8,483.19 USD approximately
Toyota Corolla ------------------------------ $19,303.06 USD approximately
Suzuki -------------------------------------- $8,787.97 USD approximately

Pakistanis Travel between Karachi - Islamabad , market cost of Ticket $500 USD

So you can see , Its not hard to IMAGINE people of Pakistan could not buy a Solar Pannel
its less then buying a Car. If they buy with their own money they will not have to pay Government any bill (FREE)

Any Nuclear Power plants we install would be surplus energy for Military installations, Hospitals , Schools , Universities or even for Electric Cars

You only need 2 Years to Make every home in Pakistan Solar

a) Creates Jobs on National Level
b) Solves electricity crisis for 20 years

Pakistan as a Nation need to decide

18 HOUR LOAD SHEDDING , or they will go SOLAR on national LEVEL !!!

If GOVERNMENT MAKES IT LAW TO HAVE SOLAR PANEL ON EVERY HOME PEOPLE WILL TAKE IT SERIOUSLY ...

GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN POLICY SHOULD BE AS FOLLOW

EMERGENCY MEASURE FOR NEXT 2-3 YEARS

a) Buy 1500 USD panel yourself and pay not government tax fees monthly
b) Take Subsidy by government , get it installed and pay monthly fee (5 Years free after that)
c) Register your receipt of installation with Government Computerized system

I ask you installing this simple gadget 2-3 Panels per home is that hard or building a God damn
Kalabah dam or Bhasha dam, ELECTRICIANS are plenty in Pakistan they can be installing these systems daily across city as we speak !!! Solving National problem, Kala Bagh is great IDEA but its politicized the solar pannel they are natural gift

Just marginally different then installing a DISH on homes back in 90's every home had a Satellite Dish ....SAME CONCEPT !!!

solar%20power%20home.jpg

Process A

1. Owner of home takes property Tax Papers 2012 Year copy and NADRA card
Goes to Depot information is collected in Computer System

They get the system and equipment for the property and under their NADRA card.

Process B

2. Owner Takes property tax papers , and NADRA card does not have money
Government gives him equipment , and he signs a agreement to pay monthly bill
for 5 years.

depositphotos_3790316-Solar-panels-on-the-roof.jpg

Donatello;4358057]What a load of BS.

Pakistan problem has always been short term thinkers getting ahead cause they can make great speeches, but lack the ability to think ahead or make tough decisions needed to set the course that will make the country prosperous and advance.If u find what i said B.s Ask the Japaneses why all of sudden they are interested in any thing but nukes.even though they have access to any kind of civilian nuclear tech in the world.

Please tell me how much land does a 280MW solar farm requires?

Probably not as much as the areas required to safe keep spent nuclear fuel for 1000s of years

Nuclear offers safe, clean and reliable energy for decades.

Only the worlds biggest fool will consider nuclear a safe option to solar or the ones selling it.

Japan was just one example of how not to do nuclear power. There has been only a few accidents of civilians nuclear plants.....and all were caused by human error.

Yes since pakistani nuclear power will be handled by aliens from Mars Plus advance robotics we have and not humans it will obviously be safe in pakistan plus not to mention our governments ability to provide fast response to any threat is legendary.

Since we are way more advance in this field then japan you are absolutely right to compare pakistan to japan when it comes to safety and rules.

Name the amount of radiation accidents from solar power plants?

Please tell me how many people die every year in coal mine explosions, oil rig disasters etc. Nuclear is the safest bet.
+

First nice spin but since we are talking about nuclear vs solar others dont really come into play.

Coal mine explosions= probably will kill few workers but safe for people after words and emergency response will not die cause of radiation.

oil rig disasters etc=Again only workers present in immediate disaster area will suffer but no one else with in 100s of miles will suffer from the heat caused by the disaster

Most if not all industrialized advance nations are switching to solar from nuclear might be clue number one.

Back
Top Bottom