What's new

Chances of Iran Getting T-50

I really support that. Look at Iraq spend billions on hardware that they didn't recieve the critical one of them, now even if they do they should be downgraded!! it's your money yet they tell what you should have what not you should have. See in Iraq we can bring some 60s tech from friend countries then rebuild it that's better than spend your money on crap from any nation all of them play gods on you, give you their crap for your precious money we in Iraq should stop that BS and let start from the beginning that's our fate.

one rafale equal two times of it's weight gold that's really a big BS. the money for one rafale we can biuld many
houses for poor people many hospitals better infrastractures!!!.

:omghaha: drone with canopy :omghaha:

Iraq made a mistake. They should have gone for Su-35 which was cheaper and yet superior to F-16. And they would have been delivered as Russians did deliver Su-25 and are about to delivering Mi-28. But I doubt you will ever see those F-16's.

India is co developing with Russia for converting T 50 in to FGFA.It is a JV program and both India and Russia will share the tech equally and also.money.This is not a ToT arrangement like Su 30MKI .

Iran can buy this system from Russia.But I dont know much about your Aerospace industry for assembling this.

Though Iran is a late-comer to aerospace technologies compared to India, but Iran will be capable of assembly and partial production if given the chance.

Brother please visit the link below about
" New Delhi and Moscow finalise a $6 billion deal to co-develop an FGFA with capabilities tailor-made for India"
Russia can't deliver on Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft: IAF | Business Standard News

The history of Russian projects are all such. Full of delays and problems. Mostly because, Russians developing these techs had do so with much lesser funding and depending lesser on international markets than the West. But generally, at the end Russians have usually been successful to varying degrees.

First of all Russians are not trustworthy, why should we trust a tested country twice?
It's not gonna happen, they wouldn't sell it or cooperate with Iran in this field.
And finally I prefer to see our money spent on demestic project instead of seeing Iran being tied to foreigners.

No country is trustworthy in international relationship. Because in international relations, we are not talking about two buddies or about a girl friend and boy friend in love. It is all about national interests. If Iran's national interests dictates that a deal be pushed for, then all these matters of past become irrelevant. Iran has a huge problem with Russia operationalizing Bushehr. But now it has signed a contract for more Bushehrs with the same Russian company. There is no "hard feeling" in relations between countries. Only the interest at hand.

Yes, money should be poured into national projects. That is very important. But these are not exclusive to each other. The money that Iran spends on national projects are Rial, printed by Iran's government itself. The money for such international agreement is usually dollar or another hard currency. Iran has to spend its hard currency somewhere. Why not on acquiring and buying technology? Even if it has to pay 10 times the price. Don't you agree?

Hasn't the Iranian parliament banned the purchasing of foreign military hardware?

No. Actually most of Iran's hardware are of foreign origin, even most of locally produces ones are copies of those. It is actually the United Nation Security Council resolution which has banned Iran from importing and exporting such materials. But then Russia has a permanent seat there and can interpret these resolutions as it sees fit for itself.

with a price of 100mil + per unit , Iran simply can't afford them.

Iran is a very rich country and can afford such matters. The problem is not financial but political. After all, Iran is the one of the least indebted nations on planet. Compare it to Turkey which has hundreds of billions of dollars in debt.

. Compare it to Turkey which has hundreds of billions of dollars in debt.
i got little advice for you as friend .
you see you talking about west Asia super power Tukey . so you need to keep under control .
you're going upset some people here at end of day the west Asia super power needs some respect

Iran is a very rich country and can afford such matters. The problem is not financial but political. After all, Iran is the one of the least indebted nations on planet. Compare it to Turkey which has hundreds of billions of dollars in debt.

uhhmmm if European countries with economies multiple times larger than that of Iran can barely afford
a 5th generation fighter how do you expect a nation with almost 80 million people and a gdp of less than $400 billion
afford the same plane

not to mention Iranian economy has been decreasing for years
so very rich does not exactly fit to reality , and having no debt doesn't mean you are very rich

BuPxWwg.png

Russians delivered the Su-25 and the MI-28 because these are not scaring no one.

Once Iraq ask for Su-35 or even S-300 and voices start to raise about these weapons can change balances the Russians will stop deliveries.
that's why I said earlier we need to start work by our own. even if we start like mig-21 or mirage f-1. with the time we will be able to make better.

i got little advice for you as friend .
you see you talking about west Asia super power Tukey . so you need to keep under control .
you're going upset some people here at end of day the west Asia super power needs some respect

Yeah, sure. Super power in Lego world.

No country is trustworthy in international relationship. Because in international relations, we are not talking about two buddies or about a girl friend and boy friend in love. It is all about national interests. If Iran's national interests dictates that a deal be pushed for, then all these matters of past become irrelevant. Iran has a huge problem with Russia operationalizing Bushehr. But now it has signed a contract for more Bushehrs with the same Russian company. There is no "hard feeling" in relations between countries. Only the interest at hand.

Yes, money should be poured into national projects. That is very important. But these are not exclusive to each other. The money that Iran spends on national projects are Rial, printed by Iran's government itself. The money for such international agreement is usually dollar or another hard currency. Iran has to spend its hard currency somewhere. Why not on acquiring and buying technology? Even if it has to pay 10 times the price. Don't you agree?

As you said it's all about the so-called national interest, that's why I'm hammering away that we need to rely upon our capabilities the point is no one will come to our aid in time of troubles and hours of need ... remember Iran-Iraq war.
The other day Russia DoS announced that due to conflicts btw Russia and west on Ukraine( sanctions imposed on Russia) nuclear talks could be hurt:

Russia: US Sanctions May Hurt Talks on Iran, Syria

Look at Iraq, the US has signed security agreement with Iraqi gov. but they did nothing till ISIL approached Kurdistan and now it's airdropping weapons for ISIL( they say it's not intentionally, but this excuse is good for one mistake not several times in different locations) not to mention long delay in delivering Iraqi F-16s
Iraq to Demand US Explanation Over Delayed F-16 Deliveries

See putting all your eggs in one basket would end up this.( I know you support indigenous and domestic projects).

By the way It's ok to purchase from the other countries whether technology or fighter jet but there is a but a big but:

1) Domestic projects should not be canceled.
2) It should be a technology transfer, not simply purchasing sth.
3) And national interest should be priority.

Can you guys handle the leap?

From F-14's to Su-50's?

Better if you induct 4th gen Russian platforms such as Mig-31 and Su-27 both of which are up for retirement.

3rd gen direct to 5th gen sounds pretty awesome but may prove to be impossible regarding maintenance, servicing et all

Good point. But we went from zero to complete overhaul of kilo class submarine. I'm sure it is not harder to maintain a fifth generation air craft.

Turkey has pretty low debt compared to west, as @Azeri440 already pointed out only because you dont have debts doesnt mean you have reserves to spend on such things, Iran has other place place where the money would be well spend but it cant because theres simply no reserve, with this unit price i dont see Iran getting 5. gen. fighters.
Apart from everything else, the money could even be spend better on Iranian airforce to get 4. gen. fighters and replace the aging fleet.

national-debt.gif

So, what you guys think? Do you believe Iran has any chance at getting these planes from Russia with technology transfer as India is doing? Can Iran with hard work in diplomacy and fat financial offer, convince Russia on this?

There's no way its possible.. India and Russia both are co-developing (indian involvement in developing tech are very low but finance is greater) so there's no tech transfer from Russia to India like su-30s..... but if the sanctions on Iran lifted its possible that you guys could get the export version that's i believe FGFA...(correct me if i'm wrong)

they cost about 50mil

you're kidding right...??? Su-30 itself costs more that 75Mil now.... PAK-FA will cost more that 100 mil a peice

Plus, Iran has no need for the T-50.. they have that Fibreglass stealth thingie with the Kenwood sound system in the cockpit.
its okey mate . i know what you are saying .

iran produces "stealth" cardboard fighter jets . but seriously give us some credit . we use "pioneer" sound system for it not kenwood . WTF is kenwood .

you know , of all the fun we have here in PDF , these not-so-rare moments are the most adorable and hilarious ones .

moments when someone who produces cardboard fighters is mocked by someone who is not even competent enough to produce cardboards .

the jokes on the world we live in . @Abii sometimes your words really get into me .

and i ask myself , what would happen if we sucked up to US like others do ?

you're kidding right...??? Su-30 itself costs more that 75Mil now.... PAK-FA will cost more that 100 mil a peice
Unit costs US$47.5-57 million

source : Defence International 2011/02 P.35 [official Russian estimate]

Sukhoi PAK FA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sukhoi T-50 PAK FA » Fighter Aircraft

Last edited:
its okey mate . i know what you are saying .

iran produces "stealth" cardboard fighter jets . but seriously give us some credit . we use "pioneer" sound system for it not kenwood . WTF is kenwood .

you know , of all the fun we have here in PDF , these not-so-rare moments are the most adorable and hilarious ones .

moments where someone who produces cardboard fighters is mocked by someone who is not even competent enough to produce cardboards .

the jokes on the world we live in . @Abii sometimes your words really get into me .

and i ask myself , what would happen if we sucked up to US like others do ?

Sadly, some cant even write a rebuttal without having to compare themselves to others. Perhaps they are not sure of whether their identity is even worth its weight in salt anymore. Which is why Card board models and fake RC flights claiming to be actual aircraft are carried out.

Sadly, some cant even write a rebuttal without having to compare themselves to others. Perhaps they are not sure of whether their identity is even worth its weight in salt anymore. Which is why Card board models and fake RC flights claiming to be actual aircraft are carried out.
well that is sad . but you know whats even sadder ? to desperately make fun of other's hard work simply because you can't keep up with them .

there is no comparison needed . comparing iran to others in ME is nothing but a hilarious notion . in what aspect ? Science ? culture ? power ? stability ?

so yeah , we can tolerate criticism coming from anyone . but we cannot tolerate being mocked , especially by people who cannot produce the same cardboard fighter with kenwood sound system .

Back
Top Bottom