What's new

Chances of Iran Getting T-50

with a price of 100mil + per unit , Iran simply can't afford them.

and lets be honest , they are no one's ally . one of the few things i like about US is that they honor friendship much more than russians if you know what i mean

You said it all bro. couldn't agree more. Would have given you a positive rating on this comment if I knew how to do it.lol being a U.S ally, a country often benefits more than being a Russian ally any day.:agree:

with a price of 100mil + per unit , Iran simply can't afford them.
We don't want them nor we need them

that being said , they cost about 50mil and 80 of them will cost about 4 billion dollars .

it's check can be written in 2 seconds and be cashed in another one .

remember we are talking about IRAN .

We don't want them nor we need them

that being said , they cost about 50mil and 80 of them will cost about 4 billion dollars .

it's check can be written in 2 seconds and be cashed in another one .

remember we are talking about IRAN .

Iran has a crumbling economy which has been declining for last years
the plane cost 100mil + not 50mil

which is why Russia is only getting a couple hundred and will rely more on 4th and 4.5 generation fighters
but seeing their economy now , they might reduce that number

Iran has made some very powerful enemies otherwise I would have liked to see Iran operating Indian version FGFA.

Never say never though.

since when it cost 100 Mil ?? says who ??
how huch is F35 ??

I believe most countries are paying about 150mil on average including spare parts and etc. for F-35
US hopes to reduce the price to below 80 mil but they give separate contracts for spare parts and etc.

T-50 development expenses are increasing, and it looks like the T-50 will cost at least $120 million each (including a share of the development cost)

Murphy's Law: India Gives The T-50 A Bad Review

I was reading Dr. Carlo Kopp's analysis report on Sukhoi PAKFA T-50 design and its technical comparison with F-22, F-35 and legacy fighters. PAKFA is certainly a designed to grow and remain lethal till middle of this century and possibly even beyond. Here is this report: Assessing the Sukhoi PAK-FA / Sukhoi/KnAAPO T-50/I-21/Article701 PAK-FA Перспективный Авиационный Комплекс Фронтовой Авиации

These lines of the report are sobering:

"The available evidence demonstrates at this time that a mature production PAK-FA design has the potential to compete with the F-22A Raptor in VLO performance from key aspects, and will outperform the F-22A Raptor aerodynamically and kinematically. Therefore, from a technological strategy perspective, the PAK-FA renders all legacy US fighter aircraft, and the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter, strategically irrelevant and non-viable after the PAK-FA achieves IOC in 2015.

Detailed strategic analysis indicates that the only viable strategic survival strategy now remaining for the United States is to terminate the Joint Strike Fighter program immediately, redirect freed funding to further develop the F-22 Raptor, and employ variants of the F-22 aircraft as the primary fighter aircraft for all United States and Allied TACAIR needs.

If the United States does not fundamentally change its planning for the future of tactical air power, the advantage held for decades will be soon lost and American air power will become an artefact of history."

So, what you guys think? Do you believe Iran has any chance at getting these planes from Russia with technology transfer as India is doing? Can Iran with hard work in diplomacy and fat financial offer, convince Russia on this?

pak_fa_su50_by_bbb4445-d7cc48e.jpg

India is co developing with Russia for converting T 50 in to FGFA.It is a JV program and both India and Russia will share the tech equally and also.money.This is not a ToT arrangement like Su 30MKI .

Iran can buy this system from Russia.But I dont know much about your Aerospace industry for assembling this.

Iran's Qaher 313 is already 5.5 generation. Why would they downgrade to 5 generation Russian jet?
we can't be head of west Asia super power .
at end of day Turkey getting F 35 JSF and when west Asia super power Turkey geting 5th gen then we can't really be head of west Asia super power so we need to keep it under level .

I believe most countries are paying about 150mil on average including spare parts and etc. for F-35
i does not matter what you believe .
you see when a fool who doesn't have idea what he's talking about start talking it only expose him self

Last edited:
you know , its enough on that . enough on buying stuff . i don't like doing that anymore .

better fly cardboard 2nd generation mockups than to be dependent on another country .

that being said , even if iran was not under sanctions , a powerful IRIAF was definitely not in Russia's interests .

and lets be honest , they are no one's ally . one of the few things i like about US is that they honor friendship much more than russians if you know what i mean

and he didn't have the audacity and the IQ to at least deliver those documents in a flash memory card or Sth like that :lol:

he insisted on the old fashion way . such a nostalgist little dork :lol:

Card board planes? :omghaha: That was hilarious. I had a good laugh over it. I think Iran can do better than card board planes. But at any rate, internal developments will take a long time and importing technology does not mean abandoning internal projects, rather these projects will benefit from such imports. And I agree Russia does not see a powerful Iran as a desirable outcome. But the world is changing. Russia's situation is not the same as it was in 2012. And history show whenever Russians were under pressure, they delivered even to Iran which was never their traditional ally.

After all Iran got its first submarine force trained and equipped by Russians when things were going tough for Russia in 90's. Also the Mig-29's came about the same time. Or take the example of Republic of Mahabad. If Iran had put its eggs in UN or Western basket, in all probability Soviet Union would have gobbled up another chunk of Iran. But Iran back then chose wisely, to directly engage Soviet Union diplomatically and got back Mahababd (Iranian representative actually met Stalin in person and presented Iran's case not from point of strength or threats but from the point of sympathy and ideological understanding of Soviet Union). Soviet Union had gobbled up half of Europe, so gobbling up a chunk was not difficult for it.

Similarly now, I think, Iran should keep its eyes open. Not depending on this talks with West, and being ready to get whatever is needed even if be from Russia or China. Also, one has to remember that when Iran gets into such agreements, the wise option would be not to pay all the amount upfront as Iran had done with S-300, but provide the amount as per deliveries. It makes sense to divide such agreements into smaller blocks and pay as per work done not as per work promised. A dynamic and smart diplomacy strives to break isolation. I do not see why some 30 billion dollars of Iran stuck in Chinese banks as payments for oil, can not be used as chip here, offering Russia those funds, if Russia is ready to transfer technologies to Iran. After all Russia does need dollars nowadays, and Iran does need technology. After all there is so much Chinese cars and Chinese cell phones, that Iran would want/need to import.

i does not matter what you believe .
you see when a fool who doesn't have idea what he's talking about start talking it only expose him self

its a figure of speech you brain damaged clown.

what I said is backed up by sources.

Back
Top Bottom