What's new

Chances of Iran Getting T-50

I don't think its going to happen.

The Russians have f*cked about with the S-300 fiasco for 9 years, and that is a system from the 20th century.

I'd be surprised if Iran gets the Su-50 any earlier than 2116.

You cannot just say something is going to be good because you expect it to be.

Speed is important for escaping missiles, or launching them at high speed and altitude in order to increase their range and energy. Having good acceleration is also useful in within visual range fights.

You cannot do much with electronics if the platform is bad. The F-35 is more suited to a strike aircraft, its inferior kinematics prevent it from effectively engaging other aircraft.

yeah I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon. I am thinking more of 2019 to 2021 when a deal is signed.

by then the T-50 will be more mature and hopefully the price of oil is back over $100 dollars.

S-300 deal probably was so sketchky because of protests by the U.S and Israel particularly Israel, but everything has changed since the Ukrain/Crimea crisis.

Russia needs another big player for the T-50 besides India. Iran fits the bill.

You cannot just say something is going to be good because you expect it to be.

Speed is important for escaping missiles, or launching them at high speed and altitude in order to increase their range and energy. Having good acceleration is also useful in within visual range fights.

You cannot do much with electronics if the platform is bad. The F-35 is more suited to a strike aircraft, its inferior kinematics prevent it from effectively engaging other aircraft.
As you like bro but reality is so different speed wont save you from a missile rushing to you in speed above 4 Mach.

Also maneuvering also wont save you from a fighter using hms helmet that can use what you see and then engage the enemy with a high maneuvering missile that can lock on after launch!!!!.

See it's all about electronics the better your electronics the more opportunity that you win.

yeah I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon. I am thinking more of 2019 to 2021 when a deal is signed.

by then the T-50 will be more mature and hopefully the price of oil is back over $100 dollars.

S-300 deal probably was so sketchky because of protests by the U.S and Israel particularly Israel, but everything has changed since the Ukrain/Crimea crisis.

Russia needs another big player for the T-50 besides India. Iran fits the bill.

Thing is, Crimea has been and gone but the Russians just delayed for 6 months.

As you like bro but reality is so different speed wont save you from a missile rushing to you in speed above 4 Mach.

Also maneuvering also wont save you from a fighter using hms helmet that can use what you see and then engage the enemy with a high maneuvering missile that can lock on after launch!!!!.

See it's all about electronics the better your electronics the more opportunity that you win.

Escaping from a missile is useful at long range where you know you are being fired against from RWR. With good speed you can "out range" missiles.

It's worth knowing that range figures given by missile manufacturers are at optimal conditions, where the target is at a lower altitude, flying head on towards the launch aircraft with no evasive manoeuvres.

Here's the engagement envelope for an S-200 to give you a general idea.

S-200VE-Engagement-Envelope-FS.png

Russians are also believed to be superior to the US in terms of IRST, and they were the ones who first extensively used the HMS.

I'll also add that the F-35's low missile capacity means it might be forced to use the gun in some situations.

How come it's a junk while it posses the best electronics a nation can make.

I don't know why you obsessed with the speed of the plane while the fate of any fight between two fighters take place in 300 to 500 kilometer.

Bro, this F-35 fighter been in development for like 20 years and the designer the owner of it is nation sits on the top of science and technology.

Iran wont have it's hand on such technology until 10 years to come.

Any real pilot would tell you SPEED KILLS! Speed is everything up there speed and agility means life!

F-35 win's the trophy for capitalism not combat! F-35 is a joint strike fighter which means U.S. built an aircraft that it can sell to make money off of not an aircraft that would be superior to any other fighter in the sky! The prime goal of the F-35 is to make money not to win wars!

U.S. doesn't sell it's most advanced weapons they keep the good stuff for themselves just look at history aircraft like the F-22, SR-71, F-117, B-2, etc, etc... they were never sold.

You really think U.S. would sell it's latest technological achievements to countries like Turkey, Japan, S.Korea, Denmark, Norway, Singapore, Italy and the Netherlands... NO! This is only about the money!

Also, the F-35 not only lacks speed but it also lacks maneuverability and the combination makes it a sitting duck against IR seeking missiles

The most expensive part of a fighter is it's Air frame, WHY? Because of the titanium required to but build it!!!!!
The reason you would put one engine on a fighter is to reduce the aircrafts cost and the main reason the costs get reduced is because less titanium is required to build the aircraft both in the engine and in the air frame! BUT not with the F-35! Now the US wants everyone to look the other way and not think about the aircrafts titanium requirements rather look at all the cool shiny electronics on board! AND that's why I say the F-35 wins the capitalism trophy! and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that but that doesn't make the aircraft a capable fighter comparatively to it's price tag!

Don't get me wrong the F-35 will be a capable fighter but it is not a capable fighter at the price tag that it's being sold! and it sure as hell not superior to the F-22

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom