What's new

Chak Shehzad Power Scandal

The magnitude of mistakes bother me. One has to correct the subsidy on his residence but other changes the course of this nation.
Subsidy is not the only mistake Musharraf made.

BTW, I was reading SCoP rules and it shows that judges go on vacation from June 17 till mid September each year.

Do you know if this is correct or not?
No clue but I guess it may not be correct. Are the courts non-functional during June 17-Spetember? for full three months?

As for CJP, please see my signature.

On April 13 2005, in the "Judgment on 17th Amendment and President's Uniform Case", Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry was one of 5 Supreme Court judges who dismissed all petitions challenging President Musharraf's consistitutional amendments.

Hello SSGPA1,

I finally got some time to go through the detailed decision of the bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan composed of :

Mr. Justice Nazim Hussain Siddiqui, C.J.
Mr. Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry
Mr. Justice Javed Iqbal
Mr. Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar
Mr. Justice Faqir Muhammad Khokhar

On the CONSTITUTION PETITIONS NOS. 13, 14, 39 & 40 OF 2004 & 2 OF 2005, AND C.P.L.A. NO.927-L/2003 regarding the 17th Amendment and President's Uniform. You can download the detailed JURISDICTION here http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk/web/...7th_Amendmend_and_Presidents_Uniform_Case.pdf for future reference.

Why the bench of the Supreme Court gave their verdict in favor of the 17th amendment and the president uniform can be found in points 39 and 40 at page 34 and 35. It reads as follows:

39. General Elections have now been held here and 18 year olds have voted. This enlarged electorate has cast its votes for an expanded Parliament and four Provincial Assemblies. The elected members have taken oath of their respective offices. The Speakers and Deputy Speakers of the National Assembly and Provincial Assemblies have been elected. The Chairman and Deputy Chairman Senate have been elected. The Prime Minister and the four Chief Ministers have been elected. Governors have been appointed in the four provinces. The President has taken a Vote of Confidence as required by clause (8) of Article 41 of the Constitution. All these constitutional functionaries have made oath under the Constitution and are occupying their respective offices. Appointments to civil services and armed forces have been made. Service Chiefs have been appointed. Judges and the Chief Justices of the superior courts have been appointed and have taken oath under the Constitution.

40. The Government is functioning in accordance with the Constitution. If the petition is accepted and the 17th Amendment struck down, this entire constitutional edifice will collapse. The President, the Prime Minister, the Governors, the Chief Ministers, the Parliamentarians, the Members of the Provincial Assemblies, 3 Services chiefs and Judges of superior judiciary appointed by the President, all will cease to hold office at once. The government of the country will cease to function and total anarchy will prevail. The government under the Constitution will be undone and a vacuum will be created. This is not the function of the judiciary. In short, accepting the petitions and striking down the 17th Amendment would invite chaos and create a constitutional crisis. This Court must allow the government to function and the institutions to gain strength and mature with time. The alternative route leads straight to the political thicket and since the decision in Ziaur Rehman’s case this Court has always avoided such a course. If the petitioners have a grievance, their remedy lies with the Parliament and failing that in the court of the people and not with the Court.

This was not the decision of the Justice Iftikhar Choudhary rather was the unanimous decision of a bench and the reasons given in the decision speak for the merit of the decision. I would have felt sorry for Justice Choudhary and other honourable Justices if the deicsion was any different than this one

So Qsaark supports the ‘doctorial’ acts of Sir Mush directly, and indirectly the bloodless Coup d’état:tup:

So Qsaark supports the ‘doctorial’ acts of Sir Mush directly, and indirectly the bloodless Coup d’état:tup:
QSAARK support the decision of the SCP based on the circumstances of the country of that time i.e. 2005. It was not the SCP that accepted SIR Musharraf into Uniform or the 17th amendment, it was the Legislature and the SCP chose not to go against the decision of the elected representatives (though this is debatable) as described in the decision. No where in the decision, the 5-member bench gave legitimacy to the coup or the 17th amendment . For the SIR Musharraf, there is Article VI of the constitution, and this SIR Musharraf must be tried for high treason for deposing a democratically elected government. He must also be Court Martialed for the death of hundreds of NLI soldiers in Kargil, for not taking back the dead bodies of the Pakistani soldiers; for the death of dozens of innocents in Karachi; for the hundreds of innocents who were detained and sold to the CIA; for selling out the national assets through shady deals (even General Qayyum had to speak against the shady privatization deal of Pakistan Steel); for bagging all the dollars he received from the USA and not investing them (even the Americans complaint for the missing dollars).

QSAARK support the decision of the SCP based on the circumstances of the country of that time i.e. 2005. It was not the SCP that accepted SIR Musharraf into Uniform or the 17th amendment, it was the Legislature and the SCP chose not to go against the decision of the elected representatives (though this is debatable) as described in the decision. No where in the decision, the 5-member bench gave legitimacy to the coup or the 17th amendment . For the SIR Musharraf, there is Article VI of the constitution, and this SIR Musharraf must be tried for high treason for deposing a democratically elected government. He must also be Court Martialed for the death of hundreds of NLI soldiers in Kargil, for not taking back the dead bodies of the Pakistani soldiers; for the death of dozens of innocents in Karachi; for the hundreds of innocents who were detained and sold to the CIA; for selling out the national assets through shady deals (even General Qayyum had to speak against the shady privatization deal of Pakistan Steel); for bagging all the dollars he received from the USA and not investing them (even the Americans complaint for the missing dollars).

Qsaark give me a reason to as why shouldn't i call you a hypocrite?

Qsaark give me a reason to as why shouldn't i call you a hypocrite?
You seem to have a problem with reading stuff or understanding it in perspective. Besides, since when your opinion has become important for me to give you reasons? You want to call me hypocrite? Go ahead call me hypocrite.

Besides, since when your opinion has become important for me to give you reasons? You want to call me hypocrite? Go ahead call me hypocrite.

Well guess what! i already did that:lol:

39. General Elections have now been held here and 18 year olds have voted. This enlarged electorate has cast its votes for an expanded Parliament and four Provincial Assemblies. The elected members have taken oath of their respective offices. The Speakers and Deputy Speakers of the National Assembly and Provincial Assemblies have been elected. The Chairman and Deputy Chairman Senate have been elected. The Prime Minister and the four Chief Ministers have been elected. Governors have been appointed in the four provinces. The President has taken a Vote of Confidence as required by clause (8) of Article 41 of the Constitution. All these constitutional functionaries have made oath under the Constitution and are occupying their respective offices. Appointments to civil services and armed forces have been made. Service Chiefs have been appointed. Judges and the Chief Justices of the superior courts have been appointed and have taken oath under the Constitution.

40. The Government is functioning in accordance with the Constitution.

Hello QSAARK,

First of all thanks for digging the details.

This is how I interpret this decision:

1. Judiciary accepts that the Parliament is superior to Judiciary.
2. Elections of 2002 were valid even though Gen. Musharraf was the Head of State.
3. 17TH Amendment is still part of the Constitution, unless repealed by the Parliament.
4. As per the 17th Amendment, Gen. Musharraf is allowed to take part in elections.

CJP shouldn’t have played into the hands of NS and shouldn’t have held the result of Presdential elections. All of this mess could have been avoided.

Net result of CJP’s actions is that we have Zardari as President and NS as the leader of oposition.

Conditions in Pakistan are not improving and people are already looking for a change.

Lagta hai khud mujhey jana parey ga ab

:pakistan:

Qouted by SSGPA1
Net result of CJP’s actions is that we have Zardari as President and NS as the leader of oposition.

If there was no NRO, the result would have been different. Masharraf has a big share in our country's plite.

=qsaark;405110]Musharraf Declares All Property Owned by Family.

a. Property for which installments are being paid:

(1) Under construction House in Army Housing Scheme Pt-II, Karachi.
(2) 2000 Sq. Yards in DHA, Karachi.
(3) 2xKanals in Morgah Housing Scheme, Rawalpindi.
(4) 1 and half Kanal in AWT (Army Welfare Trust) Housing Scheme, Peshawar.
(5) 8xMarlas in LCCHS, Lahore.
(6) 2xSquare agriculture land at Bahawalpur.

b. Parents' house in F-7/3, Islamabad.
c. My daughter's house in DHA (Defence), Karachi.
d. 1xKanal plot in Eastridge Scheme (09).
e. 2xKanals in Sangar Housing Scheme, Gwadar.

2. I have paid all taxes (income, wealth and agriculture) till the financial year ending 30th June, 1999."

Property for which installments are still being paid???

Come on, on property that is still not yours completely - one is not even obliged to pay Zakat. Why expect tax? He was and maybe still paying installments. Is there any confirmation?

He says he has paid all taxes till 1999. Has the tax department challenged this?

If there was no NRO, the result would have been different. Masharraf has a big share in our country's plite.

Yes, in Punjab the result is entirely different. Another dacoit without NRO i.e Ganja & Co.

Did you hear that GEO news where they confirmed that Shabaz Sharif annulled above 500 cases in Punjab in one day - without NRO!

NRO is responsible for PPP coming to power three times before this time, NRO is repsonsible for Nawaz coming to power 2 times, and NRO is responsible for sending Bilawal to Oxford and his choosing Suzy Bozie.

Dear Opinion7861!

It was NRO that let these people come back to Pakistan and enventually into power. If Musharraf had made a decision and held it for more than eight years that PPP and PML (N) leadership won't be participating in any future eceltions, he should have shown courage and strength not to allow them to come back again and have the power steering in thier hands.

Yes, they are not good people for being our rulers, but there is a constitutional way to handle such people. Let democracy prevail. Let people of this country have elections. Steadily but surely we'll have good people in the assemblies. But no dictatorship, please.

=qsaark;407194]Wednesday, June 24, 2009
By Ansar Abbasi

Spare us Ansar Abbasi! Everyone in ISB knows the blackmailer.

Allegation of Ansar Abbasi regarding farmhouse proved false​

Sunday, June 21, 2009: According to recent stories in your paper regarding Chak Shahzad farmhouses, a list of 34 persons charged with some sort of default or wrong tariff has been released by IESCO. Former president Pervez Musharraf’s name is conspicuous by its absence from this list. What happened to the ‘unearthing’ of a scandal about the former president’s farmhouse that was given extensive coverage in your columns? There were stories about free transformers, wrong tariffs and the most laughable of all, the installation of FATA meter at the ex-president’s farmhouse. All these allegations of your reporter seemed nothing more than his fantastical opinions portrayed as facts as not a single allegation in this series of stories has held ground. When one allegation is refuted, your ‘investigative’ journalist, instead of defending the first one, as someone who has done his research should be able to do, cooks up another allegation which is proved wrong the next day. Is this the understanding of investigative journalism of The News? It is expected of the largest media group in Pakistan to at least be able to differentiate between hearsay journalism and investigative journalism.

Hammad Husain
Architect of Pervez Musharraf’s farmhouse, Chak Shahzad,
Islamabad

source : Power 'theft' &

Dear Opinion7861!

It was NRO that let these people come back to Pakistan and enventually into power. If Musharraf had made a decision and held it for more than eight years that PPP and PML (N) leadership won't be participating in any future eceltions, he should have shown courage and strength not to allow them to come back come and have the power steering in thier hands.

Dear, I thought all along it was the dictator who kicked out these bastards, without anti-NRO.

Yes, every single party & individual (Imran Khan etc) had threatened to boycott the elections of 2007 and we would have seen another government of PML-Q. You wanted it this way - one sided election results?

Power steering is in the hands of the public. Ask them to kick out their own voted and beloved leaders. Zadari won in elections by public vote and NOT NRO.

Ask the newly freed Judiciary to kick out the corrupt. But how could they? They are the ones setting aside the convictions.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | LHC sets aside helicopter case conviction against Nawaz

For those, who are ecstatic to apply Article-6 on Musharraf, should know the article in full:

Article 6 (2) Any person aiding or abetting the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.

All those Supreme Court judges that validated Military takeover and endorsed Musharraf's decisions till 2007, are equally guilty, if we go by Article-6, and including the politicans.

Here’s a chronological record of events, that validates President Musharraf’s election as President and subsequent endorsements by Supreme Court:

1- On 13 May 2000, Pakistan’s 12 member Supreme Court unanimously validated the October 1999 coup and granted Musharraf executive and legislative authority for 3 years from the coup date. Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry was one of the judges that validated. (Link)

2- On 7 October 2002, the 5 member bench of Supreme Court validated LFO and amendments to constitution. Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry was one of the judges that validated. (Link)

3- On 29 Dec 2004, PML-Q government passed the 17th constitutional amendment bill in National Assembly, with 2/3 majority, also approved by Senate that allowed President Musharraf to hold dual offices. (Link)

4- Constitution of Pakistan – Article 63 clause (1) paragraph (d), read with proviso to Article 41 clause (7) paragraph (b), allows the President to hold dual office.

5- On 13 April 2005, the 5 member bench of Supreme Court gave judgment in favor of 17th amendment and President’s uniform. Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry was one of the judges that validated. (Link)

6- On 28 September 2007, the Supreme Court cleared the way for President Pervez Musharraf to seek another five-year term, and stand for Presidential elections, when six of the nine judges, rejected a tangle of petitions against him and threw out a major legal challenge to his re-election plans. Presided by Justice Rana Bhagwandas. (Link)

7- President Musharraf was elected President of Pakistan, on 6th October 2007, by a combined electoral of the Senate, National Assembly and the FOUR Provincial Assembles.

8- President of Pakistan declared emergency on 3rd November 2007, as per Article 232 of the constitution.

9- The 10 member bench of Supreme Court (SC) on 24 November 2007 directed the chief election commissioner and the government to declare Pervez Musharraf president for a second term. (Link)

10- On 24 November 2007, the Pakistan Election Commission confirmed Musharraf’s re-election as President. (Link)

11- President Musharraf won by 58% votes, declared in November 2007, as the constitutional President of Pakistan!

12- On 28 November 2007, Musharraf relinquished the office of Chief of Armed Staff, as per November 2007 verdict of the Supreme Court.

13- On 15 Feb 2008, the Supreme Court validated the proclamation of emergency of 3rd Nov 2007, PCO 2007 and oath of the judges. This full court judgment was written by Chief Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar. (Link)

For Links: About Our leader – Musharraf

Back
Top Bottom