What's new

Chabahar vs Gwadar

No. Iran does not have a transit agreement with Afghanistan. Iran charges full transit fees for anything going through its territory to Afghanistan. Pakistan has had a transit agreement with Afghanistan since the creation of Pakistan and before that during the British Raj. This agreement is actually an appendage of Durand agreement which British did with Afghanistan. Therefore Pakistan still renews it and allows for discounted and almost free transit of goods to Afghanistan despite this having a very negative effect on Pakistan's own industries: AFGHAN TRANSIT TRADE

This historical agreement usually was pressured on Pakistani government by British government but the last time this agreement was renewed was under pressure from United States and you know the reason why, as they want Afghanistan to succeed. And that is why Pakistan has to abide by this agreement, otherwise Afghanistan can take the case to WTO and international courts. The agreement even allows for direct trade between India and Afghanistan through Pakistan.

As for Gwadar, did you know to operate a port you need electricity? Without electricity no port can function.

Gwadar is not connected to electricity grid of Pakistan. It is connected to electricity grid of Iran.

Also when ocean going ships visit a port they must be refueled. These gigantic ships need thousands of tonnes of fuel. I do not think there is an oil well in Gwadar that can refuel the ships. So where you are going to refuel the ships? In Dubai? If the ship has to go to Dubai to get refueled why would it even bother to visit Gwadar? You know that Dubai is a competitor of Gwadar, don't you? And where this oil pipeline refueling these ships at your "gigantic international transit port", has to come from? Mars? or Jupiter?

I think you are misinformed on this issue.

Afghanistan is a landlocked state, and legally (according to UNCLOS which Iran too has signed) neither you, nor Pakistan could charge any transit fee, or any custom duty or Tax from Afghanistan. You could only charge for services you render and that too at same rate that you charge from your own users.

See Article 127:

PREAMBLE TO THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LAW OF THE SEA

In a way you have seconded my thoughts. Both Gwader and Karachi are best options for Afghanistan since we literally don't charge them anything while Iran will. Please explain this to Indians

You need some Schooling in International maritime law.

A few questions :

1)Do you think Sistan Baluchistan (iranian controlled region) has no insurgency ? (Heck they face not only a seperatist but also sectarian one).
Yes, but not to the extent of insurgency in Balochistan.

2)What makes you believe that Iran will allow their territory to be used against Pakistan or China?? Or even let india station their naval assets there?
Who said anything about stationing Indian naval assets? You don't need a naval base to monitor Pakistani & Chinese activities in the Indian Ocean Region as well as the Gulf. There are many ways to do it.

3)What makes you think US will not create an issue?
If they wanted to create an issue of it, they would have done it long ago before commencement of the project. They can do squat now. The Chabahar port is a reality.

4)What makes you think Central Asian States would jump to Chahbahar (when they themselves have disputed with Iran).
And what makes you think they won't? For example, India and China have disputes but have a roaring trade of over $70 billion expected to touch $100 billion within the next one year. Geopolitics and economics are different ball games.

5)See the map.. do you believe Arab nations will be A-okay with that?
All except the House of Saud.

7) Chahbahar isn't even in the same league as Gwadar.
Really? And what league is Gwadar in?

I can go on and on..
And I can counter you on and on....8-)

Chah bahar is not as much about trade, it is more about encircling Pakistan. I hope Pakistan is aware about the game. Though there is no shortage of optimistic Pakistanis who consider Iran as Pakistan's friend, which in my opinion she is anything but.
Yeah iran is your enemy cause she is developing its port. Lmao at these uneducated people.

Whatever. Just add iran to your long list of neighbors that you hate so much

India and Iran will step up sabotage and terrorist activity in Gwadar to make Chabahar more viable
Currently we Iranians are the heart to your port cause we provide it with a 100 percent of its electric needs.

The fact that you're so rude and ignorant that you allow yourself to say sth like that says a lot about the environment that you were raised in

The same environment that leaded pakitan to the terrorist play ground that it is today

Yes, but not to the extent of insurgency in Balochistan

O Rly ? Why don't you google instead of using your imagination ...
:lol:

Who said anything about stationing Indian naval assets? You don't need a naval base to monitor Pakistani & Chinese activities in the Indian Ocean Region as well as the Gulf. There are many ways to do it.

Like what ? Using binoculars ?:lol:
If they wanted to create an issue of it, they would have done it long ago before commencement of the project. They can do squat now. The Chabahar port is a reality.
they had create issues that's why your ashes oil imports from Iran and put the port on back burner since 2003..:lol:
And what makes you think they won't? For example, India and China have disputes but have a roaring trade of over $70 billion expected to touch $100 billion within the next one year. Geopolitics and economics are different ball games.
had it been all abt that there wouldn't have been a Chahbahar port and you would be using Pak motorways to reach kabul ..:lol:

Besides the road connectivity and route and the port (being one of the deepest) among other facilities (and that too sanction proof),and no conflict with Pak make gwadar the ideal port for them !

All except the House of Saud.

Again ignorance .. Try Bahrain,UAE etc..:lol:
Really? And what league is Gwadar in?

The league where you spent over 50 billion dollars.
And I can counter you on and on....8-)

You wish boy.

How exactly will Chahbahar even compare to Gwadar.

Chabahar is not a deep sea port like Gwadar. It cannot handle the amount of trading volume that Gwadar can. Chabahar is not in the same league as Gwadar at all. First search up deep sea ports kiddo.
Is this really a "my port is bigger than you" situation ? :lol:

generally speaking , you're right . Pakistan is far more developed than Iran :tup:

Is this really a "my port is bigger than you" situation ? :lol:

generally speaking , you're right . Pakistan is far more developed than Iran :tup:
Let's be honest here Chahbahar port is essentially being built for Iranian needs .. The others is a bonus.. Meanwhile Gwadar is being built by China to connect the chinese trading with M.E,CARS n their goods coming from around the world ... There is a good reason why over 50 billion $ are being invested there n motorways n highways being built to connect Kabul and tajik
Lol this deep sea stuff of Gwadar is fast becoming like DSI of JF-17.

Like DSI of JF17 makes it invincible, same way sea depth of Gwadar makes it unparallel and best port of world. :omghaha:
image.jpg

Stop embarassing yourself.

O Rly ? Why don't you google instead of using your imagination ...
some incidences at the border which stem from your side of baluchistan . thank you

No way in hell can you compare Iran's side of baluchistan to pakistan's side . much more security and development .

What makes you believe that Iran will allow their territory to be used against Pakistan or China?? Or even let india station their naval assets there?
Iran is actually one of the most free countries out there . not even UN forces are allowed here .

the only foreign presence is just a couple of thousands of UN forces that are trained here at DAFOOS and thats it .

we've been through this before . does shamsi airbase ring a bell , brat ?

We've signed it , but we never ratified it

some incidences at the border which stem from your side of baluchistan . thank you
No way in hell can you compare Iran's side of baluchistan to pakistan's side . much more security and development .
so they stem from our side.. They go to Sistan kill or kidnap your troops take them back to baluchistan ? Okay.
Iran is actually one of the most free countries out there . not even UN forces are allowed here .

the only foreign presence is just a couple of thousands of UN forces that are trained here at DAFOOS and thats it .

we've been through this before . does shamsi airbase ring a bell , brat ?
Seems you can't even comprehend basic English Haman "jaun".. Now calm down and read that again.

They go to Sistan kill or kidnap your troops take them back to baluchistan ?
Thats exactly right . you said there is insurgency INSIDE Iranian side of baluchistan . whereas there is not .

its at the borders .

Now calm down
you're right . my bad .

you said that Iran won't give anyone a naval base and i read it in reverse as i was skimming through it .

Thats exactly right . you said there is insurgency INSIDE Iranian side of baluchistan . whereas there is not .

its at the borders .

you're right . my bad .

you said that Iran won't give anyone a naval base and i read it in reverse as i was skimming through it .
Let's not kid ourselves here man.. You face an ethno,Secterian insurgency in Sistance .. Although it is a low intensity insurgency just like we face here.

Yeah iran is your enemy cause she is developing its port. Lmao at these uneducated people.
No, not because she is developing her port, but because she has never (ever since Mullah took over) stood with Pakistan and prefers India over Pakistan. There is nothing wrong having relations with India but not at the cost of one's next-door neighbor, which also happens to be religiously, culturally, and historically closer.

I am not familiar with chatting jargon such as 'lmao' but please avoid the use of such things. Thanks.

Afghanistan will use either Gwadar or Karachi for the port not Chahabar in fact they are already using Karachi for export/import without any issues. Its India who wants to avoid Karachi port. Time for you to return back from your deep delusional slumber.

It is not that we are avoiding the Karachi port, we are actually using it for export to Afghanistan. We will still be using Karachi in future because it is shorter route. Just don't think that all the business will move to Chabahar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom