What's new

Chabahar vs Gwadar

It would screw the Marine life and livelihood of Fishermen of south Indian states.
I think sethusamudram project is not being taken due to religious reason and it has nothing to do with pollution or fishermens life.

I think that delusion runs rampant among Pakistanis, and bad quality of education is an epidemic.I would demolish this pathetic post of yours assertion by assertion.

This assertion betrays complete lack of understanding of Economics, and the difference between cost od Sea Transport vs Surface transport.

This is something about which I have posted earlier which was deleted when this website crashed.

Distance between Shanghai and Kashghar = 5121 Km

5121 Km - Distance from Shanghai to Kashgar

Distance between Kashghar and Gwadar = 2747 Km

2747 Km - Distance from Kashgar to Gwadar

Average Trucking cost per Ton per Km in China = 5 cents.

http://www.worldbank.org/transport/transportresults/regions/eap/eap-china-output.pdf

Average Trucking cost per Ton per Km in Pakistan = 1.8 cents.

https://www.iisd.org/gsi/sites/default/files/ffs_india_irade_trucking.pdf

These cost are of 2002 and would have become 7 cents for China and 3 cents for Pakistan, just by taking inflation into account.

This is the most conservative calculation as I am not taking into account Hazard premium that nature of Terrain imposes on Pakistan (Karakoram Highway is rated world's fourth most dangerous highway World's 10 dangerous roads | CNN Travel ) and Hazard premium that China has to pay for transporting good through Takla Makan Desert , Kulum Shan mountains range, and Altai Shan mountain range.

But still let us calculate cost of transporting a Tonn of good from Shanghai to Gwadar.

Cost incurred in Chinese territory = 0.07 X 5121 = $358.47

Cost incurred in Pakistani territory = 0.03 X 2747 = $82.41

So total cost from Shanghai to Gwadar for a tonn of goods= $440.88

Now let destination port be Dubai.

Cost of Transporting Dubai to Shanghai = $625 per TEU

http://www.simic.net.cn/news_list.php?lan=en&id=368&flag=cnports&pname=shanghai&page=10

Since standard 1 TEU= 21,600 Kg : Cost of Transporting 1 Ton via sea from Dubai to Shanghai = $28.93

Twenty-foot equivalent unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Similarly cost from Karachi to Dubai for 1 TEU = $125 (rate for Gwadar are not available as port is not operational)

BusinessDubai.com - Bizneeds

Cost of Transporting 1 Ton from Karachi to Dubai = $5.787

Total cost of Shipping a Ton from Shanghai to Dubai via Gwadar = $446.67

Total cost of Shipping directly from Dubai to Shangahi = $28.93 which is 16 times less than that of Transporting via Gwadar.

Heck Total cost of Transport from Gwadar to Chinese border is more than what would be required for Transport from Dubai to Shanghai.

And this is not all. You beloved corridor passed through Khunjareb Pass which remain open only from May 1 to December 31.

Karakoram Highway

Only a fool would believe that it is a main route to anywhere. This is just a backup route for China in case Malacca strait is blocked.

Actually, You need to consult map (though that would do no good given your cartographic skills)

China is directly connected to Central Asia. It is your country which needs either China or Afghanistan for access to Central Asia.

@OrionHunter

Wow CPEC Has Really Driven You Nuts Hasn't It .All Your Calculations Fall Apart Because Your Underlying Assumption Is Wrong.Nobody In Shanghai Is Going To Take A Truck From Shanghai All The Way to Gwadar.Thats Not The Plan At All.Now let Me Use Your Calculations To Show What A ***** World Of Delusion You Live In.

Transporting Goods From Dubai to Kashgar Via Sea:

Dubai to Shanghai Via Sea=$28.93 Then We Have To Truck That One Ton of Cargo to Kashgar That Will Cost=
0.07 X 5121 = $358.47

Thus The Total Cost of Transporting One Ton of Cargo From Dubai All The Way Through Mallacca Straits
to Kashgar Is=$387.40

Transporting Goods From Dubai to Kashgar Via CPEC:

Gwadar is Closer to Dubai Than Karachi So It Will Cost Less.But Just For Ease Lets Assume That Gwadar Costs The Same As Karachi i.e $5.787 for One Ton Cargo

So Dubai to Gwadar=$5.787 Now To Transport That One Ton Across Pakistan=0.03 X 2747 = $82.41

So Total Cost To Transport One Ton of Cargo From Dubai to Kashgar via CPEC=$5.787+$82.41=
$88.197

Similar Results Can Be Extrapolated For Other Cities in Western China(Even Some in Central China).I Have Not Even Started To Talk About Rail Link With Electric Traction Which Will Reduce Costs Further.And I Have Not Even Touched Upon Central Asia And Their Access to Gwadar Port and The Pak China Pipeline Which Will Transport Oil and Gas From Africa And Middle East

Back
Top Bottom