What's new

chabahar checkmate

i was not aware about this level of persecution happens with the shias muslims in pakistan and the state's complicity in it

i will appredciate if some one can explain what is shia (twelve) mentioned in the artice

About the important sects:

The Occultation is a belief in some forms of Shia Islam that a messianic figure, a hidden imam known as the Mahdi, will one day return and fill the world with justice. According to the Twelver Shia, the main goal of the Mahdi will be to establish an Islamic state and to apply Islamic laws that were revealed to Muhammad.

Some Shia, such as the Zaidi and Nizari Ismaili, do not believe in the idea of the Occultation. The groups which do believe in it differ as to which lineage of the Imamate is valid, and therefore which individual has gone into occultation. They believe there are many signs that will indicate the time of his return.

Twelver Shia Muslims believe that the Mahdi (the twelfth imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi) is already on Earth, is in occultation and will return at the end of time. Fatimid/ Bohra/ Dawoodi Bohra believe the same but for their 21st Tayyib, whereas Sunnis believe the future Mahdi has not yet arrived on Earth.

This chart might help.
800px-Branch_of_Shi%27a_Islam.png

For that Iran must relinquish the dream of being the leader and spokesperson of the muslim world , when most Sunni Muslims consider Shia as heretics .

About the important sects:

The Occultation is a belief in some forms of Shia Islam that a messianic figure, a hidden imam known as the Mahdi, will one day return and fill the world with justice. According to the Twelver Shia, the main goal of the Mahdi will be to establish an Islamic state and to apply Islamic laws that were revealed to Muhammad.

Some Shia, such as the Zaidi and Nizari Ismaili, do not believe in the idea of the Occultation. The groups which do believe in it differ as to which lineage of the Imamate is valid, and therefore which individual has gone into occultation. They believe there are many signs that will indicate the time of his return.

Twelver Shia Muslims believe that the Mahdi (the twelfth imam, Muhammad al-Mahdi) is already on Earth, is in occultation and will return at the end of time. Fatimid/ Bohra/ Dawoodi Bohra believe the same but for their 21st Tayyib, whereas Sunnis believe the future Mahdi has not yet arrived on Earth.

This chart might help.
800px-Branch_of_Shi%27a_Islam.png

Even the sunnis believe in Imam mehdi that he will appear in Haram and then will lead Muslims in fighting the non-believers. The difference is that Shias think that their 12th Imam is actually Imam Mehdi. While Sunnis (as per my limited knowledge) have no take on this issue.

So if you see, its not the main difference between Shia and sunni.

Even the sunnis believe in Imam mehdi that he will appear in Haram and then will lead Muslims in fighting the non-believers. The difference is that Shias think that their 12th Imam is actually Imam Mehdi. While Sunnis (as per my limited knowledge) have no take on this issue.

So if you see, its not the main difference between Shia and sunni.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll pass on your views to the experts. I have already been told that kaffirs have no business expressing an opinion on Islamic subjects, so I just cut and paste.

Guys ...you are having too much trust of Iran for making Chahbar successful for India...If you see in long run, i can see India is better off makin a deal with Pakistan and getting passage to anywhere in Central Asia rather than having Iran as the passage for our trade and business...

Off late, I can see the pulse of Iran towards India is not the same as it was earlier...Again, i do not blame them either..This is all about geopolitics and keeping their interest above other nations...

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll pass on your views to the experts. I have already been told that kaffirs have no business expressing an opinion on Islamic subjects, so I just cut and paste.

:lol:. Never feed the trolls Sir. Jo man me ho keh dia karo.

Actually you have no business copy pasting, even.

Sir !
With due respect, i think we all are free to express our opinions and discuss any topic. Well, not here as it will be considered Offtopic here in this thread. But in relevent thread, why not ?

Last edited:
Because Islam is not some forgotten property that anyone can comment about.

If he say Islam is the only true religion. Is that acceptable to you ? Mind you sir that too, is a comment.

Btw he was sharing the Shia ideology. Not commenting on that. But just, sharing the written content. If that too, is a problem then forgive me sir but you, have the problem.

As i said earlier it isn't the appropriate thread to discuss these things so lets give it a brake.

:lol:. Never feed the trolls Sir. Jo man me ho keh dia karo.

Sir !
With die respect, i think we all are free to express our opinions and discuss any topic. Well, not here as it will be considered Offtopic here in this thread. But in relevent thread, why not ?

Well, you got your answer.

The thread that had that gentleman jumping and screaming was about a respected general in the Indian Army who narrated his experience trying to draw together different religious elements to fight together, rather than driving a wedge through the middle, or imposing walls of religious difference within a secular institution.

This is a sign of the high degree of sequestration that prevailed, and that is now creeping into India.

For that Iran must relinquish the dream of being the leader and spokesperson of the muslim world , when most Sunni Muslims consider Shia as heretics .

Most Sunni do not consider shia as heritics ... this is baloney fed by the fake news media.

Only wahabis do.

All said and done. There is no confusion and denying of the fact that on Fridays, sunnis would complete their prayers first and throw stones at shias on their way back !

And where would that happen ?

Well, you got your answer.

The thread that had that gentleman jumping and screaming was about a respected general in the Indian Army who narrated his experience trying to draw together different religious elements to fight together, rather than driving a wedge through the middle, or imposing walls of religious difference within a secular institution.

This is a sign of the high degree of sequestration that prevailed, and that is now creeping into India.

Well. We seems too confuse. Religion is meant to bring humans together but we are using religion for the opposite. MAY GOD help us.

Har kisi ne apni dhaid inch ki masjid bana rakhe hay or usky ilawa baki sab wahabi panjpiri peer murees tablege ehl-e-sunat kaafir.

On-topic : though Chabahar will help India export everything they want but i think it can not completely elemenate the trade between Pak-afg even though Afghanistan would like to do so. Reason being, the long route means more transit expenditure. Pakistan can provide a product cheaper then Indian counterpart. Reason being, Indian labor is a bit expensive as compare to Pakistani labor. Very short route to transport items. Afghanistan can still try to completely halt trade with Pakistan "officially" but despite this, the smuggling will amount billion dollars. Because a random Afghan is poor. He don't care the nationality of a product but its price.

So the point is that though Chabahar is good for Indian trade with Afghanistn but still, the negative impact on Pakistan will be only 30-40% of what it was meant to be (by India).

Well. We seems too confuse. Religion is meant to bring humans together but we are using religion for the opposite. MAY GOD help us.

Har kisi ne apni dhaid inch ki masjid bana rakhe hay or usky ilawa baki sab wahabi panjpiri peer murees tablege ehl-e-sunat kaafir.

On-topic : though Chabahar will help India export everything they want but i think it can not completely elemenate the trade between Pak-afg even though Afghanistan would like to do so. Reason being, the long route means more transit expenditure. Pakistan can provide a product cheaper then Indian counterpart. Reason being, Indian labor is a bit expensive as compare to Pakistani labor. Very short route to transport items. Afghanistan can still try to completely halt trade with Pakistan "officially" but despite this, the smuggling will amount billion dollars. Because a random Afghan is poor. He don't care the nationality of a product but its price.

So thhe point is that though Chanahar is good for Indian trade with pakistan but still, the negative impact on Pakistan will be only 30-40% of what it was meant to be (by India).

Let me respond to the commonly-interesting part of your note.

If anybody is linking at Chabahar as a substitute for routes into Pakistan, or is looking at trade generated through Chabahar as a substitute or a replacement for trade with Pakistan, he is a mental defective, or a Sanghi. <more>
<continued>
The real importance of Chabahar is that it opens up a route into Central Asia, and through that, by rail, direct into Europe. We have the option today of economical shipment by sea at a slow pace, or shipment by air, quick but expensive. This will give us a mode of transport faster than sea and cheaper than air.

The second factor that works for India is the increased likelihood of getting oil and gas directly piped into our energy-hungry economy. While there is no direct connection between Chabahar and the pipeline proposed, there will inevitably be greater comfort in learning that we are 'invested' in Chabahar, and implicitly, the Iranian economy.

Trade with Afghanistan, and benefits to the Afghans, will be there, but as a background factor; it cannot be the primary motive.

Last edited:

So the point is that though Chabahar is good for Indian trade with Afghanistn but still, the negative impact on Pakistan will be only 30-40% of what it was meant to be (by India).

Apologies for off topic, but where I see something that is glaringly wrong, I feel the need to point out. We can create a new thread if you like. Respect means not commenting and not trying to educate others about things you have no clue about. As such, that person is disrespecting Islam. If he wants to show respect, he can start by keeping his mouth shut, and his fingers off the keyboard about Islam and Muslims. Peace!

India's natural route goes through A-stan via kashmir. Chabhar depends on the wishes of iran.

India should stay content with SAARC and forget about over land western connectivity. Ofcourse they can have things over indian ocean but should not cross our EEZ.

Last edited:
India should stay content with SAARC and forget about over land western connectivity. Ofcourse they can have things over indian ocean but should not our EEZ.

Time will tell whether we will hv land connectivity with west or not.

Back
Top Bottom