What's new

CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei arrested in Vancouver, sought by U.S. for extradition

The only thing I fear for China is if they try to play too clean. They shouldn't care too much about respecting laws or being civil, they're dealing with a bully that has decades of experience in sabotaging other countries through covert operations. There's no turning back now.

I say that because I think they play it way too fair and civil sometimes in the SCS and in some other areas, when other countries are just brazenly disrespecting international law China tries to be as civil as a country can be. But in this case at the end I think it's a good strategy, even if the general public is fed with propaganda depicting China as a bully no matter how civil and respectful they are, what's important is that the other countries leadership can see that China is not expansionniste and is very keen on respecting their sovereignty. It's important as China rises that it's neighbors feel safe, and it's working as anyone who follows the Asia Pacific can tell. Countries understand that China's military development is mainly directed at the US.

But when dealing with the US, China can't afford to play it civil while the CIA goes rogue.

Last edited:
China doesn't need to revenge just to show that they're tough. It is the end game that matter most. Not the simple tit and tat. Rather than capture or imprison US and Canada rich people, China should ensure their safety more. As long as they are not crossing the line and challenge China's law, let them feel like in Paradise.

I think, the right respond for this incident is :
1. Declare advisory warning. I repeat, only advisory warning to Chinese citizens (business and tourist) that Canada is not safe for tourist and business travel. Their "unlawful" capture of Meng should be considered as serious matter for Chinese Citizens. But only a WARNING. if they still decide to go to Canada, then let them be.
2. Help Meng with good lawyer in Canada. Tell everyone in China that the Government care about their citizen safety. If they failed, the wrong will go to Canada and US instead, and not the Chinese Government.
3. Ensure US Tech companies that they are safe in China; as long as they are not crossing the law, just like always. Tell them that China won't kidnap them like what Canada did to Meng.

But if you still want to revenge; kidnap Elon Musk.
China will need to form a new intelligence agency specializing in assassinating or capturing certain key civilians of enemy nations.

US has even today now a decade ahead of China
Example: US made F-22 30 years ago but even today no jet can even compare with him.

US is number one, but China is number two in Economy. I watch Kevin Rudd's seminar in Youtube (his 2015 seminar). That question about Thucydides trap about the inevitably of war between the rising powers and established Great Power apply to the future of China - United States relationship.

Basically, what happen now between Trump and China is the "event" of Thucydides Trap at work. United States wants to stop Chinese raise, while China want stay in progress and become the number one.

Regarding the super, unbeatable, mythical F-22, it is outside this thread discussion. So let's not redirect this discussion into which is better between F-22, J-20, SU-57, and Tejas. Because it can cause a full blown troll war in here... again.

Last edited:
US is number one, but China is number two in Economy. I watch Kevin Rudd's seminar in Youtube (his 2015 seminar). That question about Thucydides trap about the inevitably of war between the rising powers and established Great Power apply to the future of China - United States relationship.

Basically, what happen now between Trump and China is the "event" of Thucydides Trap at work. United States wants to stop Chinese raise, while China want stay in progress and become the number one.

Regarding the super, unbeatable, mythical F-22, it is outside this thread discussion.
I was only giving the example of F-22 why so worry about it,its 30 years old ..come on

I was only giving the example of F-22 why so worry about it,its 30 years old ..come on

who not worry, when the supporter of F-22, J-20, SU-57, and Tejas are lurking around this forum and can cause over blown troll war when they find hot topics that can be used to fight. Let's not wake them up.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ences-if-does-not-release-huawei-cfo-11013512

Asia
China warns Canada of consequences if does not release Huawei CFO

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ences-if-does-not-release-huawei-cfo-11013512

huawei-s-executive-board-director-meng-wanzhou-attends-the-vtb-capital-investment-forum--quot-russia-calling--quot--in-moscow-1.jpg

BEIJING: China's foreign ministry called on Canada to immediately release Huawei Technologies's chief financial officer on Saturday (Dec 8), warning that otherwise it would face consequences.

The ministry said in a statement that Vice Foreign Minister Le Yucheng had issued the warning to Canada's ambassador in Beijing, summoning him to lodge a "strong protest".

Meng Wanzhou, Huawei's global chief financial officer, was arrested in Canada on Dec 1 and faces extradition to the United States, which alleges that she covered up her company's links to a firm that tried to sell equipment to Iran despite sanctions.

The executive is also the daughter of the founder of Huawei.

Source: Reuters/zl
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ences-if-does-not-release-huawei-cfo-11013512

Today Iran, tomorrow they may add more demands. One day they may put Turkey and Pakistan on that sanctions list.

Where does it end?

Remember the ridiculous US backed KSA/UAE demands on Qatar? This is the same.

Sigh the Cold War never ended it just shape-shifted from countering the USSR now its countering the PRC

Sigh the Cold War never ended it just shape-shifted from countering the USSR now its countering the PRC
People keep saying that this is different from the Cold War because PRC and USA have trade links and common interests unlike the Cold War where the world was split into two blocs. Now we see the reality. It was split into two blocs because if they tried to trade with each other the intelligence agencies would kill the civilians of the other side. So, a total separation into two blocs just like the Cold War is inevitable.

People keep saying that this is different from the Cold War because PRC and USA have trade links and common interests unlike the Cold War where the world was split into two blocs. Now we see the reality. It was split into two blocs because if they tried to trade with each other the intelligence agencies would kill the civilians of the other side. So, a total separation into two blocs just like the Cold War is inevitable.

China under Mao had more say on the stage politically but was economically poor you are now economically rich yet on the international political stage you are being pushed around hopefully this changes

U.S. technological dominance is coming to an end sooner than you think.

So of course the rednecks and trailer trash are getting desperate.:agree:

Kirin 980 has already beaten Qualcomm to 7nm by several months. You won't be seeing Snapdragon 855 in a phone until 2019. Meanwhile, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is already out.
I return to this thread a few months later. It is August 31, 2018 today. :lol:

Kirin 980 officially announced. World's 1st 7nm SoC.
View attachment 495766

Snapdragon 845 blown out of the water.
View attachment 495767

Increase in transistor count.
View attachment 495768

Huawei's in-house modem. Qualcomm not needed.
View attachment 495769

5G modem Balong 5000. Qualcomm not needed.
View attachment 495770

Mate 20, coming October 16, 2018. This fall. :rofl:
View attachment 495771

Sugon x86 exascale supercomputer. Meanwhile, Intel is having trouble with 10nm, with rumors of cancellation.
Nightmare for Intel. :)

Sugon x86 exascale supercomputer.

Hygon x86 processors.

Hygon DCU accelerators.

d4b9YxZ.jpg

Bitmain 7nm ASIC chip.
icpBQI2.jpg

CR929: China's answer to the Boeing 787.
RC8UD5i.jpg

China will need to form a new intelligence agency specializing in assassinating or capturing certain key civilians of enemy nations.

So what are you all going to do when China govt doesn't do that? Get together and demonstrate in Tianmen? :azn:

The goal is to get China to act on decoupling from the world economy so China does not become first in GDP, military spending and best place for investment.

The washington regime is simply a band of terrorists.

The thugs wants a continual tit for tat until Chinese GDP starts to decline in growth.

It is a war, if China fights back hard, the aggressors win. Just buy PMs and have the terrorists cry and rage over rising gold prices.

U.S. technological dominance is coming to an end sooner than you think.

So of course the rednecks and trailer trash are getting desperate.:agree:

Kirin 980 has already beaten Qualcomm to 7nm by several months. You won't be seeing Snapdragon 855 in a phone until 2019. Meanwhile, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is already out.

Sugon x86 exascale supercomputer. Meanwhile, Intel is having trouble with 10nm, with rumors of cancellation.

Bitmain 7nm ASIC chip.
icpBQI2.jpg

CR929: China's answer to the Boeing 787.
RC8UD5i.jpg
If u look at Western reviews, probably insecurity-fuled, Qualcomm-sponsored reviews, all of them are saying the Kirin 980 is losing to the Snapdragon 855.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www...sung-exynos-9820-features-specs-compared/amp/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom