What's new

CERN membership update | CERN team to soon visit Pakistan.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Oct-18-2013

As recognition of the efforts made by Pakistani scientists and engineers in the past and the ongoing various collaborations programs with CERN, Pakistan has been accepted as a candidate to become an associate member of CERN. A technical team from CERN is going to visit Pakistan in the near future to assess scientific and technical base. Pakistan will be the first country in South Asia to acquire the status of associate member of CERN.

Pakistan accepted as a candidate to become an associate CERN member | The Nation

This is a welcomed update - looks like we are going to beat India ;)

Oct-18-2013

As recognition of the efforts made by Pakistani scientists and engineers in the past and the ongoing various collaborations programs with CERN, Pakistan has been accepted as a candidate to become an associate member of CERN. A technical team from CERN is going to visit Pakistan in the near future to assess scientific and technical base. Pakistan will be the first country in South Asia to acquire the status of associate member of CERN.

Pakistan accepted as a candidate to become an associate CERN member | The Nation

Congrats in advance.

Oct-18-2013

This is a welcomed update - looks like we are going to beat India ;)
Thank you for your deep concern and love for my country.

CERN D-G wants India as associate member
Top scientist at European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), which found first evidence of the elusive God particle, on Saturday pitched for India becoming an associate member of the organisation.

"This is the right time for India to be an Associate Member of CERN," CERN Director General Rolf-Dieter Heur said at the 100th Indian Science Congress.

To become an associate member (AM), India will have to make an annual contribution of 10 million Swiss Francs to CERN.
CERN D-G wants India as associate member - Indian Express

India is set for the next big act in physics after the CERN experiment
The ILC: A design of the 30 km long International Linear Collider that Japan has agreed to construct on the outskirts of Tokyo

Not just theoretical justification, Indian scientists now say they will contribute technology to the upcoming next generation physics project, the International Linear Collider that Japan has offered to host. Rohini Godbole from Bangalore is leading India’s charge along with scientists from Delhi, Mumbai, Indore and Kolkata.

Indian scientists are now part of the nearly 7-8 billion dollar next generation particle physics collider, the International Linear Collider (ILC) or Linear Collider Collaboration (LCC) project, an extension of sorts of the CERN project, that is tentatively set to come up in Japan, on the outskirts of Tokyo, to study with greater precision the Higgs Boson. The Indian foray in the ILC is being led by Bangalore particle physicist from IISC Rohini Godbole and her colleagues at the institute, Amit Roy, Director of Inter-University Accelerator Centre (IUAC), New Delhi, and Atul Gurtu, Particle Physicist from TIFR, Mumbai and other scientists from Indore and Kolkata.

Indian Contribution in CERN
India is already making fairly substantial contribution to the CERN experiment at Geneva and Thirty Meter Telescope project at Hawaii. For CERN, Indian companies Crompton Greaves and Kirloskar Systems have manufactured and supplied components including magnets for construction of the 27 km circular accelerator under Geneva. For the Thirty Meter Telescope, Bangalore-based Avasarala Technologies is manufacturing and supplying 1500 actuators (a type of motor for moving or controlling a mechanism or system). It is operated by a source of energy, usually in the form of an electric current,hydraulic fluid pressure or pneumatic pressure, and converts that energy into some kind of motion) that will enable the telescope to act on the environment it is studying – say galaxies. India is also providing primary mirror segments and complete segment support system to the telescope apart from nearly 3,000 edge sensors from Puduchery and the observatory control software.

Proposed Indian contribution in the Linear Collider project
In the Linear Collider project, India is pitching for technology contribution in the form of fabrication of cavities within which collision of particles will take place. On the theory and experiments front, nearly 15 groups are involved from India in the CERN project, while atleast five national institutions are involved in the telescope project featuring more than 25 scientists. The linear collider project has four Indian institutions involved in both theory and technology contributions, with theory contribution coming in from IISC Bangalore, and technology contributions from IUAC, New Delhi, TIFR, Mumbai, Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore and Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata. “There is a substantial Indian presence in global science projects.

Our contribution is reasonably good though it can be far better,” says Roy. In the linear collider project, India has now contributed in the form of theoretical formulations and inputs to the overall final technical design report which was released on June 12. Rohini Goldbole, who is a member of the ILC Board and Detector Advisory Group, explains: “Three physicists from IISC, Bangalore, B Ananthanarayan, Sudhir Vempati, myself, and two research students, Monalisa Patra and Jayita Lahiri have contributed to an earlier version of the final design report exploring some theoretical prospects of the linear collider. I have also contributed a critique. These papers were part of earlier version of the design report, elements of which have been incorporated in the final design report. We can say we have explored the theoretical justification for the collider.

CERN and related experiments
India third-largest stakeholder in FAIR,
A facility for anti-proton and ion research being set up in Darmstadt, GermanyFAIR will conduct experiments to study a micro-second-old universe and neutron star FAIR will reveal consolidated findings about so-far unknown states of matter and missing information about the evolution of the universe 13.8 billion years ago).

India-based Neutrino Observatory
India-based Neutrino Observatory (INO) is a proposed particle physics research project to primarily study atmospheric neutrinos in a 1,300 meters (4,300 ft) deep cave under Ino Peak near Theni, Tamil Nadu, India. This project is notable in that it is anticipated to provide a precise measurement of neutrino mixing parameters. The project is a multi-institute collaboration and one of the biggest experimental particle physics projects undertaken in India.

The project, expected to be completed in 2015 at an estimated cost of $250 million, has been cleared by the Ministry of Environment (India) for construction in the Bodi West Hills Reserved Forest in the Theni district of Tamil Nadu. When completed, the INO will house the world's most massive magnet, four times larger than the 12,500-tonne magnet in the Compact Muon Solenoid detector at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.

Congrats in advance.

LOl thats all!!!!!:omghaha:

Now see what Pakistan has already contributed to CERN....

http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/14352-cern-pakistans-contribution.html

Sit back relax and take yr time to read this thread, there is no hurry.:lol:

We r getting membership for a reason dont we:azn: on being first South Asian Country.

Congrats in advance.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/14352-cern-pakistans-contribution.html

We r getting membership for a reason dont we:azn: on being first South Asian Country.

Now read these. Oh i forgot to mention if yr still here
LOLZ .........

http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/259247-pakistan-its-way-become-associate-member-cern.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/259674-pakistan-soon-become-associate-member-cern.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/132383-cern-pakistani-contribution.html

Good News but we are still decades behind in science & technology - still long way to go.

Now read these. Oh i forgot to mention if yr still here
LOLZ .........

http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/259247-pakistan-its-way-become-associate-member-cern.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/technology-science/259674-pakistan-soon-become-associate-member-cern.html

http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/132383-cern-pakistani-contribution.html

You seriously lack common sense, I expect nothing more from you.

Did I question Pakistan's contribution to CERN? answer is NO.

I was just replying to Sarcasm of Aeronaut. My simple answer was that we simply don't need to join CERN when we are already busy in similar projects, even countries like Japan, Russia, USA are also not member of CERN, just like India they too are Observers, or I forgot Pakistan is most advanced nation on this planet.

We don't join projects for sake of winning any race with our neighbours. We only join when we get enough benefit and profit with respect to money invested. I hope you understand what money is, remember $$$ from IMF.

You seriously lack common sense, I expect nothing more from you.

Did I question Pakistan's contribution to CERN? answer is NO.

I was just replying to Sarcasm of Aeronaut. My simple answer was that we simply don't need to join CERN when we are already busy in similar projects, even countries like Japan, Russia, USA are also not member of CERN, just like India they too are Observers, or I forgot Pakistan is most advanced nation on this planet.

We don't join projects for sake of winning any race with our neighbours. We only join when we get enough benefit and profit with respect to money invested. I hope you understand what money is, remember $$$ from IMF.
:omghaha:

Yeah yeah blah blah blah, now the turned grapes r soar now when even after u requested they r preferring Pakistan.

Now when yr given a punch on yr face of what Pak's greater contributions r to CERN in comparison of yr tiny contribution which u were showing to us as if u have achieved a lot.:rofl:

U low like Indians dont have anything else to do then showing yr insecurity and jealousy.

Now SSSHHHHUUUUSSSHHH..

Good News but we are still decades behind in science & technology - still long way to go.

Such steps will ensure that gap never widens but will contribute to decrease.

:omghaha:

Yeah yeah blah blah blah, now the turned grapes r soar now when even after u requested they r preferring Pakistan.

Now when yr given a punch on yr face of what Pak's greater contributions r to CERN in comparison of yr tiny contribution which u were showing to us as if u have achieved a lot.:rofl:

U low like Indians dont have anything else to do then showing yr insecurity and jealousy.

Now SSSHHHHUUUUSSSHHH..

Because we don't need to, we are already busy in different projects, I have mentioned them above. Still not able to understand? Ok because we lack scientific knowledge which you have, that scientific skill which is important for hi-tech scientific programs like space research or fusion reactor, Moon Mission, Mars Mission..........
Higgs Boson, by the way why they call Boson? why not call them by other name such as Newton?

Whats a big deal here? USA, Russia, Japan, India, Turkey are not members but they are observers...Does it mean Pakistan as a member is more than the US?

Because we don't need to, we are already busy in different projects, I have mentioned them above. Still not able to understand? Ok because we lack scientific knowledge which you have, that scientific skill which is important for hi-tech scientific programs like space research or fusion reactor, Moon Mission, Mars Mission..........
Higgs Boson, by the way why they call Boson? why not call them by other name such as Newton?
Yeah right.........

Now u will say that when yr punch in face and have ran out of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom