What's new

Centre scraps $20 billion MMRCA deal for 126 Rafale jets for IAF, LCA Tejas to replace MiG-21

I can't understand one thing. A deal that took 5 years to do the most transparent evalatin for any plane in history, where the tenders were invited for the most detailed sort, suddenly go into a vortex? And don't give me that 'congress f**ked up' BS, all players said this was the most transparent evaluation they have ever seen. This tendency to break off accepted practices and going to other formats- I'm getting an increasing feeling that something is rotten.
That's your wish to see it in different Perspective Its Simply because of the high cost life-cycle of Production by hal which Surely cross 20 billion or more that to bypassing time limits.Its better its done like this way

I can't understand one thing. A deal that took 5 years to do the most transparent evalatin for any plane in history, where the tenders were invited for the most detailed sort, suddenly go into a vortex? And don't give me that 'congress f**ked up' BS, all players said this was the most transparent evaluation they have ever seen. This tendency to break off accepted practices and going to other formats- I'm getting an increasing feeling that something is rotten.

rotten or not ,
someone is willing to shoulder the entire responsibility - for good or worse
and with the speed not seen in long time..

MMRCA deal wasted too much of valuable time, a few squadrons of any modern MRCA should have been flying in Indian territory by now. 15 years of planning and end result zilch, procurement through the process proposed now could have been done literally the next day IAF felt like procuring MRCA to replace its aging fleet.

rotten or not ,
someone is willing to shoulder the entire responsibility - for good or worse
and with the speed not seen in long time..

Yeah but do you have any clarity? Is the cheaper (they said that's why the deal was stalled), or more expensive? Is it a better deal? You agree to all their conditions they'll give you a deal tomorrow. The reason why you spend so much time negotiating is so that they don't rip you off. Are the French ripping us off?

MMRCA deal wasted too much of valuable time, a few squadrons of any modern MRCA should have been flying in Indian territory by now. 15 years of planning and end result zilch, procurement through the process proposed now could have been done literally the next day IAF felt like procuring MRCA to replace its aging fleet.

Yeah but that opens up to risk to getting ripped off and corruption. Obviously if we're giving them the money they want they'll give us the jets the very next day without TOT and illusory manufacturing provisions.

if we r buying witout TOT offsets,,,,why rafale??
why not f18SH:mad:,,,in govt. to govt. deal with US,,,,let mmrca drag on,Dassault wud have felt some pressure,,but this wth

Easier said than done. Yeah as Fanboys its logical to purchase a few aquadrons of F18 e/f SH but thats not the bird IAF wants. They want Rafales. Hence govt will give them Rafales.

The biggest problem is we lost our credibility in international arms market as a serious buyer.

Testing phase of MMRCA was impeccable. No one is contesting technical finds.

It is the contract phase that has gone into a vortex. I personally think that Govt to Govt deals are always better.There is very little ,if any, chance of corruption in govt to govt deal, and problems like price gouging and playing chicken is not there.

Off course, they are a little costlier as the government that you are dealing with takes some commission, though at less than 1%, it is still a better route.

Even during UPA, all deals with US were Govt to Govt, and there is neither any charges of corruption in them, nor any technical shortcomings. Also equipment were delivered before time on those deals.

Exactly. DM was pointing this too. He said its not possible through going rfp route and discussing to dassault anymore. that why all further rafale aircrafts will be procured through govt to govt route too( bybpassing dassault and talking direct to frence govt hence scrapping original mmrca design).

Don't understand what are the exact reason of scrapping a purposed deal of mmrca .... Can some one shed more light onto this ?
@Abingdonboy

The biggest problem is we lost our credibility in international arms market as a serious buyer.

I don't think.

We had to buy Rafales according to MMRCA. We would be buying Rafaels without MMRCA (if it is scrapped).

Outcome is same so no defense company would take technical evaluation of any further tender lightly.

Yeah but do you have any clarity? Is the cheaper (they said that's why the deal was stalled), or more expensive? Is it a better deal? You agree to all their conditions they'll give you a deal tomorrow. The reason why you spend so much time negotiating is so that they don't rip you off. Are the French ripping us off?

Yeah but that opens up to risk to getting ripped off and corruption. Obviously if we're giving them the money they want they'll give us the jets the very next day without TOT and illusory manufacturing provisions.

i getting the feeling that both political and bureaucracy can individually work for the betterment
we have not seen the political strength of doing things so far in previous governments,

though there is a possibility of corruption when only political strength alone is used,

i very much doubt MODI whose is around a year in power, would risk such a political power show just for the corruption.
we might get a better idea as many other deals are made..

Apaches are around the corner with "no make in india "

Don't understand what are the exact reason of scrapping a purposed deal of mmrca .... Can some one shed more light onto this ?
@Abingdonboy
red tape is the only answer. negotiations weren't moving to a logical conclusions since long. Thus govt is now avoiding this and will negotiate directly to french govt to avoid maximum red tapes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom