What's new

Centre scraps $20 billion MMRCA deal for 126 Rafale jets for IAF, LCA Tejas to replace MiG-21

Does su & tejas able to suppress Sam radar with its EW suite,I think its not as effective as rafale

Unable to produce SAR map of terrain like that of rafale

Low level flight with terrain following mode

Correct me if I am wrong

Rafale is a great aircraft. So is the F-35. Sadly both are out of our reach. One due to cost, other due to strings.

:undecided: wasn't rafale selected because it met MMRCA profile? If rafale is coming then we can say they reduced the size?
No the only change is in its procurement process Rest will done through GTG Route:D:D:D

Mmrca was RFP route which scrapped in favor of GToG route with better terms.

The Rafale is coming x 36 planes in a Govt to Govt deal no TOT and no license building in india.

Instead the IAF will have to buy 120 Tejas Mk1 MK2

if tejas flops then expect another order for 36 more rafale ijn post 2019/ 2020

Does su & tejas able to suppress Sam radar with its EW suite,I think its not as effective as rafale

Unable to produce SAR map of terrain like that of rafale

Low level flight with terrain following mode

Correct me if I am wrong
Depends on which type of Radar is in question.

Terrain maps are important for low level flights, which IAF is moving away with High Altitude PGM delivery modes, on all it's platforms, along with Litening III pods,

Low Level terrain flying mode is no longer a very effective method to penetrate enemy radar system, With Shorad systems net centric Awacs, low flying objects are easy to mitigate in this day and age.

Hold your horses... its not been officially canceled yet... even if MMrCA canceled, Rafale would be coming, they're not planning additional Rafale's ina G to G deal

The Rafale is coming x 36 planes in a Govt to Govt deal no TOT and no license building in india.

You should watch DM interview with Ibn7 or DD make in India route is open.

Depends on which type of Radar is in question.

Terrain maps are important for low level flights, which IAF is moving away with High Altitude PGM delivery modes, on all it's platforms, along with Litening III pods,

Low Level terrain flying mode is no longer a very effective method to penetrate enemy radar system, With Shorad systems net centric Awacs, low flying objects are easy to mitigate in this day and age.
Sir what's in your opinion is the best way forward if this deal is scrapped

Don't worry, you hang round chengdu for some more loans for some second hand j-10s.

Concentrate on that. ;)

@waz @Oscar Wrong section and lot of circle jerking !

I don't give a f00k. The clowns were staking their claims for permanent membership in UNSC but can't close a freaking 20bn dollar deal.. Goes to show how much they deserve it.

Those Clowns are out of power now.. Now Desi project will take precedence.. New Govt will Force IAF to buy more LCA...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom