What's new

CDA launch grand operation to demolish Afghan slums in Islamabad

kaonalpha

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CDA launch grand operation to demolish Afghan slums in Islamabad

Bulldozers and other demolition vehicles arrived near the informal settlement in sector I-11.

ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – Capital Development Authority (CDA) officials have launched a grand operation in Islamabad to demolish Afghan slums today (Thursday), Dunya News reported.

As the CDA officials reached Sector I-11, baton-wielding Afghan refugees came out of their houses to stop the operation.

Meanwhile, a heavy contingent of police and Rangers personnel arrived at the scene and were directed to remain alert to counter the protestors.

The settlement in Sector I-11 is the largest such kachchi abadi (slum) in the federal capital, housing more than 20,000 people.

A very welcome move .. because it is people property not govt ...

and people who own plots in I-11 are waiting to make home for almost 3 decades ... .

Ok, lets imagine that the CDA with the help of police will demolish all that slums. Where that 20000 + people will go and what they will do?

Ok, lets imagine that the CDA with the help of police will demolish all that slums. Where that 20000 + people will go and what they will do?

Not our problem. They have their country which is easily accessible, they are not stateless people.

Back
Top Bottom