What's new

CCP nails Fauji Fertilizer, Engro Fertilizers with Rs8.6b fine

In countries with free market economies, it is not a crime. In countries where prices are controlled by government, such as many sectors in Pakistan, it can be a violation if not approved by the government.

I am not familiar with business and economic laws so I am not in a position to further comment.

Sir ji get of PTI and PML-N saga for a while.....and try to look at things from a realistic perspective...... What a would a company do......when you dont fulfill your commitments......You entice it to make heavy investments, capex......and then castrate them...... These corporate joints run on principles of economies...both of scale and scope....... for that you need maximum productivity(which wont happen, since you have already castrated them)......Now failing to achieve economies......they will suffer losses.......in order to minimize losses, these factors are going to jumbled up in prices!!

Its correct that Farmers got grilled......but on the hand Engro is also getting grilled.....putting a strain on your economy from both ends....... who is responsible for this situation...I hope by now can figure it out!

What you have just described Sir is economic mismanagement and poor policies of the government, and their effects.

I am not familiar with business and economic laws so I am not in a position to further comment.

In Pakistan, the meddling of the government with free market principles, some needed, and some not needed, is the basic problem.

Patwari Don Mian Nawaz Sharif Group is the Second Largest Industrial Group but still not equal to the balls of Engro Group which is the competitors of Unilever and Nestle Group in Dairy and Food Items in Pakistan :D

Mian sahaab is just looting this country and patwaris defending them :D

Actually one of its subsidiary by the name of Efoods is somewhat in competition......Yet at its infancy, still doing very well.....as IPOs were offered for 25 pkr in 2011 and as of today its market share price is around 145.....less then two years....... Its still has to do a lot to catch up with those MNCs........But only limiting factor is time and nothing else......BTW Unilever is no more a public ltd company....It de-listed a few days back!

First these patwaries ask for logical answer, when we answer them with logic they are unable to understand even simplest logical thing.. :hitwall:

the country is going to the dogs -- all the people in power have brought us to the brink of destruction -- their names/political affiliations change but acts remain the same --- I have made a resolve to vote for the first time in my life and give vote to people reresenting my generation, who have not been corrupted by power yet.. --- aik musalman 2 dafa aik sorakh se nahee dansaa jata ... so this time we will vote for the party we never voted for before ------ for the first time i will try to vote for honest intelligent technocrats rather than manipulative b astards who should all be hanged on the streets for treason irrespective of religion/sect/ or any other differentiation

As usual typical stupid one line reply. When you people do not have any argument you reply with idiotic statements. What is the difference between you and a patwari.

By the way what is your assignment today?

Why don't you counter the argument.

blah blah blah.... baseless allegation are worth one liners !!

the country is going to the dogs -- all the people in power have brought us to the brink of destruction -- their names/political affiliations change but acts remain the same --- I have made a resolve to vote for the first time in my life and give vote to people reresenting my generation, who have not been corrupted by power yet.. --- aik musalman 2 dafa aik sorakh se nahee dansaa jata ... so this time we will vote for the party we never voted for before ------ for the first time i will try to vote for honest intelligent technocrats rather than manipulative b astards who should all be hanged on the streets for treason irrespective of religion/sect/ or any other differentiation

I admire your thoughts, but you are taking it as a matter of faith that voting for younger people will somehow translate into actions that will prevent the country going to the dogs, because there is no evidence to support that faith yet. Voting for PTI is an experiment, and lots of people are hoping it succeeds.

So you're gonna vote for PTI?

... Voting for PTI is an experiment, and lots of people are hoping it succeeds.

We don't have many other options do we?

We don't have many other options do we?

That is a good question. If there are no options other than PTI now, what does that say if PTI fails to deliver after the elections? What happens then? Overall, Pakistan is fast running out of options on all major fronts.

That is a good question. If there are no options other than PTI now, what does that say if PTI fails to deliver after the elections? What happens then? Overall, Pakistan is fast running out of options on all major fronts.

Define failure......

Then we are all fcked!!!

Pakistan running out of options has direct implications for you, me and all else under the sun. So I suggest we have faith in them rather than jumping on the state sponsored band wagon and voting for PML or PPP.

Then we are all fcked!!!

Pakistan running out of options has direct implications for you, me and all else under the sun. So I suggest we have faith in them rather than jumping on the state sponsored band wagon and voting for PML or PPP.

Having faith is good, but it will take a lot more than faith to solve our very real problems. Where will the actual solutions come from to resolve economic issues, loadshedding, water shortages etc?

Having faith is good, but it will take a lot more than faith to solve our very real problems. Where will the actual solutions come from to resolve economic issues, loadshedding, water shortages etc?

Well I don't see any other option...do you?

The one presented by PTI is the most comprehensive yet presented, they have a very able team made up of professionals and technocrats, not a Gujjar politican, and they are mostly clean.

Normally I encourage everyone to vote....But if you are not convinced.....Dont vote for PTI at all!

Nah...stamp on the 'none of the above' box!!! It is there for a reason! :D

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom