What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Is it acceptable as an eidi for you? :P

002-3.jpg
what is that??

So, @sEoulman556 what's your opinion on NK and the future?
Fusion? or go on like now forever?

Yes, definitely fusion. There is no reason why it shouldn't happen despite our vehement opposition to NK owning nukes. Koreans, whether they're from the North or South share attributes that some people wouldn't realize. Aside from speaking the same language & culture, we revere basically the same national heroes, always watch the depressing (I don't watch em myself) soap dramas the SK film industry spits out, hate both China & Japan (a bigger % of the reunified Korea's military budget & its military manpower will address the Chinese threat due to their size, while carefully proportioning certain task forces to counter JMSDF/JASDF). I don't know when we can reunify but it definitely will happen in the long-term due to other major powers' wanting American troops withdrawn for their own interests. It certainly won't be in the short-to-medium term as SK wants time to develop & buy the tech for countering NK nuke tests while using current American tech as a stop-gap.

Most importantly, Seoul knows how much the Chinese want the American troops out of SK. The geographic location of the Korean peninsula is both a curse and a blessing to them. They have an accurately placed paranoia due to us tagging and reporting their naval movements to the Americans especially when they traverse the Yellow Sea. The Chinese are going to have to make a choice at some point, keep supporting NK which indirectly gives my people the reason to allow the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy to operate within SK's borders or stopping their support to NK under which the Americans would leave but reunified Korea will have a strong conventional military (however, with conscription) combined with nuclear strike capabilities. My people will NOT accept Chinese hegemony whether or not we have American troops on Korean soil. We like using diplomacy with the PRC coz of Korean ties to Confucianism but we will flat-out refuse any Chinese attempts to gain direct influence over a United Korea. It hurts their itty-bitty precious egos but Koreans will decide what's best for Korea just as the Chinese decide it for China.

Btw, It's good to see Turks in Japan and Korea.:wub: Japanese and Koreans didn't get much visitors in our region (especially in the ancient days) so we consider it a major treat that Turks would consider living and working in our countries. May I inquire as to your reasons for being in Japan? A work-study program? Family in Japan?

Last edited:
Yes, definitely fusion. There is no reason why it shouldn't happen despite our vehement opposition to NK owning nukes. Koreans, whether they're from the North or South share attributes that some people wouldn't realize. Aside from speaking the same language & culture, we revere basically the same national heroes, always watch the depressing (I don't watch em myself) soap dramas the SK film industry spits out, hate both China & Japan (a bigger % of the reunified Korea's military budget & its military manpower will address the Chinese threat due to their size, while carefully proportioning certain task forces to counter JMSDF/JASDF). I don't know when we can reunify but it definitely will happen in the long-term due to other major powers' wanting American troops withdrawn for their own interests. It certainly won't be in the short-to-medium term as SK wants time to develop & buy the tech for countering NK nuke tests while using current American tech as a stop-gap.

Most importantly, Seoul knows how much the Chinese want the American troops out of SK. The geographic location of the Korean peninsula is both a curse and a blessing to them. They have an accurately placed paranoia due to us tagging and reporting their naval movements to the Americans especially when they traverse the Yellow Sea. The Chinese are going to have to make a choice at some point, keep supporting NK which indirectly gives my people the reason to allow the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy to operate within SK's borders or stopping their support to NK under which the Americans would leave but reunified Korea will have a strong conventional military (however, with conscription) combined with nuclear strike capabilities. My people will NOT accept Chinese hegemony whether or not we have American troops on Korean soil. We like using diplomacy with the PRC coz of Korean ties to Confucianism but we will flat-out refuse any Chinese attempts to gain direct influence over a United Korea. It hurts their itty-bitty precious egos but Koreans will decide what's best for Korea just as the Chinese decide it for China.

Btw, It's good to see Turks in Japan and Korea.:wub: Japanese and Koreans didn't get much visitors in our region (especially in the ancient days) so we consider it a major treat that Turks would consider living and working in our countries. May I inquire as to your reasons for being in Japan? A work-study program? Family in Japan?

Thank you for your lengthy and detailed post. Imo an unified Korea should be the way to go for both Koreas. increased land and manpower size, quite a lot of natural resources in the north (right?), no more 3rd parties interfering or looking for advantages over the back of the Koreas etc. wish the Koreas can unify, just like i would like the Turkic countries to unify or work under a common umbrella.

However, do you think Japan would look warm to an unified Korea? I know they dont like both of the Koreas, especially the north, but an unified Korea would probably make them more nervous. I think Japan still would like to have the backing of the US simply because they hate China even more, but what about Korea? if China stops supporting NK and the US leaves SK, the US and Japan will probably become even more closer while Korea is left alone between these powers. Dont you worry that China would like to see some sort of serious influence in an unified Korea, even if the US is allowed to stay in Korea? I worry that Korea might again become the playing ground of bigger powers who want to keep their influence there, and maybe even worse; keep the Korean peninsula divided for their own interest.

at the time i joined this forum, i was in Japan due an internship program. Im still in my early 20's, so no family related headache stuff yet :) However, I have been to Korea for a 2 weeks travel in 2010, 11 months due a study program in 2012 and a short 1 week visit while i was in Japan in 2013. Korea is one of the few non-Turkic countries that i hold dear, so i can definitely see myself going back to Korea for business/work or travel in the future. 형은 영어를 어디서 배웠어요? 옝키처럼 영어를 잘 하네요.. ㅎㅎ

Back
Top Bottom