What's new

CARS!

What do you guys think about gas guzzlers like the Tahoe, Escalade, Navigator and the Explorer! Pretty good looking new models they all have!

"Gas guzzling" is a frame of mind IMO! This is the last thing on the SUV owner's mind. True, the US has cheaper gas than than Europe, but this $2.00/ gallon needs to go back where it used to be before Iraq! $1.50 then!!

I have had several tree huggers nag on me about it. But then again these are the same ying-yangs that call me a "Bambi killer"!

So how come they always show up when I cook venison ( deer)? :lol:

So how do you take a "rice burning" Honda Accord to deer camp??? You DON'T!!

What kind of Ford is that? never seen it...its prolly just for the european market....

Its a Ford Ikon and its not meant for Europe,its made for India.
Build on a fiesta platform.

US carmakers losing out to rivals

US-made cars have been hit by tough competition from Asia
The "Big Three" US carmakers have continued to lose ground against their Asian rivals.

Ford, General Motors (GM) and Chrysler have all reported a drop in car sales during 2006 - Ford sales fell 8%, GM dropped 8.7% and Chrysler slid 5%.

By contrast both Japanese carmakers Toyota and Honda posted a rise in annual of 12.9% and 3.5% respectively.

Rising petrol prices have boosted Asian firms in recent years as buyers opt for more fuel efficient vehicles.

Most US carmakers have suffered from the decline in demand for so-called "gas-guzzling" Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) and trucks. SUVs make up around 60% of the US market.

Truck sales hit

December sales at GM were worse than forecast - dropping 13% on the month - and led by a 19% fall in truck sales. Car sales fell 1.6%.

US ANNUAL CAR SALES*
FORD - 2.9m vehicles, down 8%
GM - 4m, down 8.7%
CHRYSLER - 2.4m, down 5%
TOYOTA - 2.5m, up 12.9%

Ford itself said car sales had risen in December, as Americans switched to smaller, more efficient vehicles, while truck sales were down 14% compared with December 2005.

The company blamed rising fuel prices and a soft housing market for poor truck sales.

However, the decline was not enough for Ford to lose its position as number two US seller to Toyota.

Rising star

Toyota, which has already overtaken Ford in the world market, is widely expected to take GM's crown as the world's leading automaker in 2007.

Industry experts widely expect the Asian firm to overtake Ford in the global market during 2007.

Falling US sales have prompted Ford and GM to embark on huge restructuring drives in an effort to boost profitability.

GM has plans to cut 30,000 jobs, close several factories by 2008 and sold off a majority stake in its GMAC finance unit as it battles to cut its losses. Ford meanwhile is set to cut around 38,000 jobs

Toyota, meanwhile, has announced plans to build six more factories around the world by the end of the decade.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6229243.stm

Car bosses say 4x4 demand falling

4x4 sales have dropped in the UK
The popularity of 4x4s is set to falter in 2007, a report says.

A global survey of 150 car industry executives by financial firm KPMG claims sales will be hit by higher fuel prices and environmental concerns.

The executives believe fuel efficiency will become the most important of the criteria for buying a car.

Monthly sales in the UK are falling, currently standing at about 15% lower than a year earlier - and affected by moves to penalise the vehicles.

Opponents of the cars dislike their fuel consumption and some also believe they make congestion worse.

Fuel pricing

Motor industry analyst Mark Fulthorpe, of CSM Worldwide, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme drivers in North America and Europe were becoming more concerned about fuel economy.

"The North American consumer seems to be waking up to some consciousness with regard to fuel pricing, and those designs are typically the heaviest and least fuel efficient," he said.

"Increasingly they are looking at newer, lighter designs particularly from the Japanese and Korean manufacturers. We also see that in Europe as well."

In London, the congestion charge is to be raised for highly-polluting vehicles and one council is considering linking the cost of parking to the size of cars.

In March, UK Chancellor Gordon Brown raised vehicle excise duty for the most polluting petrol-fuelled cars to £210 ($409).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6229695.stm

Very nice performance - but VERY low ground clearance. Drivers cringe when they have to over railroad crossings. Also the body is fiberglass! Don't lean on it too much!!!!!

Can take on even on the Lamborghini. What else do you want. Speed... speed. :angel:

[YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
In Canada GM, Ford and Chrysler are busted and it's predicted that Toyota will be the king by 2012! GM Peace out!

Google the new Lancer too guys. It is completely wicked. Looks like a jet!

Looks like a jets. Mitsubishi even claims it was inspired by them, the F-2. Its's sick. The new Accord too.

In that case my friend, you would get a kick out of the Subaru STI and WRX. 2 nuts in my group have an STI and the other the WRX. The guy with the WRX flashed his access port so the computer would behave like an STI. The darn thing with all wheel drive is a marvel, even in pouring rain!

We have taken it out to the Police training ( contacts) track a couple of times and the doggone thing corners at 80mph like it was nothing!

True, the brake fluid was near burning when we were done, but hey nothing a couple of hours and a 6 pack could not fix.

I daresay the Mitsubishi also has a high performance flash disk!:chilli:

You seen the Dodge cars like Nitro and Caliber! Pathetic looking machines, poorly made and marketed! Dont you think!

You seen the Dodge cars like Nitro and Caliber! Pathetic looking machines, poorly made and marketed! Dont you think!

Very true. I don't see many on the roads at all!! Just like the Jeep Compass. Now the Chrysler 300 with the Hemi...

Back
Top Bottom