What's new

Capital Development Authority (CDA) Attempting Massive 1400 Acre Land Grab

NaMaloom

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Capital Talk July 6th, 2015, Hamid Mir visits National Agricultural Research Council area in Islamabad where the Capital Development Authority has sent a memo to grab the entire 1400 Acres of land where numerous Agricultural Research Institutes and Laboratories are located as well as many experimental fruit and vegetable varieties are planted and tested before being made available to farmers commercially.

In the memo, CDA wants to take over all 1400 acres to build residential and commercial plots and allot different land to the Agricultural Research Council elsewhere in a land-swap. These CDA land mafia brokers think its a joke to demolish 40yrs of hard work by scientists, developmental assistance by United Nations and foreign countries and their agricultural departments and to uproot trees that have taken years to mature and produce fruit whose varieties are being tested and the labs where tests are carried out on Bird Flu, etc - all this just to make some fat stacks of money.

Pakistan's priorities are indeed messed up. PMLN in a deep slumber because its MNA Dr Tariq Fazal Chaudry is defending CDA claims that NARC lease on the land has 'expired', even though NARC was given 99yr lease out of which only 40yrs have passed.

Total patwari land-grab unfolding.. slow motion!

DailyMotion Video:

@Jazzbot @pkuser2k12 @SBD-3 @Leader @Muhammad Omar

Last edited:
In the memo, CDA wants to take over all 1400 acres to build residential and commercial plots and allot different land to the Agricultural Research Council elsewhere in a land-swap.
There is a difference in land grabbing and land swapping I think but anyways Europeans and Candaians may have a different and more shyty vocab....But this is the CDA's matter and they would have had good grounds for that......

Last edited by a moderator:
In the memo, CDA wants to take over all 1400 acres to build residential and commercial plots and allot different land to the Agricultural Research Council elsewhere in a land-swap.
There is a difference in land grabbing and land swapping I think but anyways Europeans and Candaians may have a different and more shyty vocab....But this is the CDA's matter and they would have had good grounds for that......

Oh btw this is how you manipulate the power @ Twin widows
1102945826-1.gif

Its not a warehouse or a small school which you can just relocate. Watch the video and then try to rant in CDA's defense. Is the PMLN government willing to commit millions of dollars for the re-establishment of facilities of the NARC? Will PMLN provide cold-storage moving facility for the 35000 plant seeds of various species being nurtured in the facilities of NARC? Will PMLN ensure that the fruit bearing trees that have been acquired painfully from foreign countries that have higher yields will be successfully moved to a new location without ruining them?

Come back when you have answers and not patwari nooni-toon rants against PTI to derail this thread.

Its not a warehouse or a small school which you can just relocate. Watch the video and then try to rant in CDA's defense. Is the PMLN government willing to commit millions of dollars for the re-establishment of facilities of the NARC? Will PMLN provide cold-storage moving facility for the 35000 plant seeds of various species being nurtured in the facilities of NARC? Will PMLN ensure that the fruit bearing trees that have been acquired painfully from foreign countries that have higher yields will be successfully moved to a new location without ruining them?

Come back when you have answers and not patwari nooni-toon rants against PTI to derail this thread.
Agriculturists need land, I don't know what do they use in Canda (which is a shit place anyways more bears than men), but the residential demand is immense in Islamabad. Most probably they would shift the center out of the city....They'll be given a new piece of land instead of this....But dimagh ho to Insaaf main kiu ho......This is more of an administrative measure....

Agriculturists need land, I don't know what do they use in Canda (which is a shit place anyways more bears than men), but the residential demand is immense in Islamabad. Most probably they would shift the center out of the city....They'll be given a new piece of land instead of this....But dimagh ho to Insaaf main kiu ho......This is more of an administrative measure....

Come to Canada, you will see which one is shit.. Canada or what you leave behind ;) I smell jealousy.

Its 1400 acres already, lease of 99yrs, only 40yrs gone by. This is a typical patwari trying to justify illegal land grab with silly explanations of 'residential demand', blah blah blah.. Still no answers to the questions I raised in my previous post. Only huffin and puffin..

land grabbing is the main business of nooni toons along corrupt judiciary and corrupt police and patwar system Billions of dollars business they are doing in punjab

why shift an established center from city..? This must be adding to beauty of the city.. Residential settlements can always be done in outskirts.. Authorities can provide required facilities there as well...

Oh btw this is how you manipulate the power @ Twin widows
1102945826-1.gif

Oh bhai Jaan

Land swap will not work.

It took decades to build NARC.

Why the fork not build homes i the land they are giving as swap.

This is clearly land mafia grabbing education/research place.

pathetic.

A noonie tune got busted badly, and then resorted to off topic rants changing topic of discussion in his every post.. :lol:

jazz bhai

Time to start online petition?

Is it so hard to keep on topic?

Now as for this news, Hamid Mir bhi PTI ka propaganda kar raha hai...sab jhoot hai.

Land swapping, now that's another term to justify qabza!

BTW, either my maths is all effed up or Tariq Fazal Chaudhary is living in a different world, how the heck can a 90 year old lease starting from the 70's expire in 2005? Bhai jan hosh main ho?

So they want to sell the land at higher rates in the form of residential plots.Selling public land after relocating government institutions is so 2000.

Oh bhai Jaan

Land swap will not work.

It took decades to build NARC.

Why the fork not build homes i the land they are giving as swap.

This is clearly land mafia grabbing education/research place.

pathetic.

jazz bhai

Time to start online petition?

Ek baat to man ni paregi.. Pakistan's leaders are very audacious. This land swap scheme is overtly "kabza scheme". How can some politician even think of doing something like this..? He has to beg for votes in 5 years, right..?

Is it so hard to keep on topic?

Now as for this news, Hamid Mir bhi PTI ka propaganda kar raha hai...sab jhoot hai.

Land swapping, now that's another term to justify qabza!

BTW, either my maths is all effed up or Tariq Fazal Chaudhary is living in a different world, how the heck can a 90 year old lease starting from the 70's expire in 2005? Bhai jan hosh main ho?

I believe 90 year is the total period renewable every 5 to 10 years. I do not specific clauses for NARC land.

But I am familiar with other places where agri land is given on lease (patta) by gov to individuals for 90 years.

What the agreement says:
Total period = 90 years
But the lease itself is renewed every 5 years

Ek baat to man ni paregi.. Pakistan's leaders are very audacious. This land swap scheme is overtly "kabza scheme". How can some politician even think of doing something like this..? He has to beg for votes in 5 years, right..?

Good point.

these crafty politicians!

Not just Pakistani bhai jaan.

There was similar land scam/deals in India few years back. If I remember correctly some big name army officers were involved too.

Back
Top Bottom