What's new

Candidates for Mig-21 replacement in Vietnam

JF-17 is the most cost efficient replacement for the thousands of Mig 21 used by variious Air Forces globally and probably the most sensible choice.

I really don't understand why the Gripen is being considered by Viet Nam because we are under arms embargo. Strangely enough, on our Prime Minister's website, it states that the Gripen will be part of our arsenals in the future. Nh

If posssible, I'm all for us to stop buying from the Russian. We have bought a total of like $6 billion from them in the last 10 years and they did not offer any technology transfers to us. It's time to ditch the Russian

I really don't understand why the Gripen is being considered by Viet Nam because we are under arms embargo. Strangely enough, on our Prime Minister's website, it states that the Gripen will be part of our arsenals in the future. Nh

If posssible, I'm all for us to stop buying from the Russian. We have bought a total of like $6 billion from them in the last 10 years and they did not offer any technology transfers to us. It's time to ditch the Russian

I don't think vietnam is under any military arms embargo otherwise you would not have procured Flankers and Fitters or even Yak.

If vietnam air force wants to invest south korean FA-50 is the best possible candidate with a price tag of 35m approximately but yes nothing like bang for the buck that is su-30 Flanker. su-22 is very old it should exit air force as soon it has no significance left it is essentially a vintage gas guzzlar all those operational cost could be saved and invested in purchasing few more su-30s vietnam air force needs capabilities there is support in place, Gripen is very costly and sweden would cut off spares and all support in any conflict/war if you read about their sales of any equipment.

What sort of TOT are you looking for and what would you do with it are you asking for in home spares development. Perhaps acquiring better long coverage Radars and SAMs should be the priority of every Nation willing to spend i'll keep repeating where I can which is a fact before anything else.

I don't think vietnam is under any military arms embargo otherwise you would not have procured Flankers and Fitters or even Yak.

If vietnam air force wants to invest south korean FA-50 is the best possible candidate with a price tag of 35m approximately but yes nothing like bang for the buck that is su-30 Flanker. su-22 is very old it should exit air force as soon it has no significance left it is essentially a vintage gas guzzlar all those operational cost could be saved and invested in purchasing few more su-30s vietnam air force needs capabilities there is support in place, Gripen is very costly and sweden would cut off spares and all support in any conflict/war if you read about their sales of any equipment.

What sort of TOT are you looking for and what would you do with it are you asking for in home spares development. Perhaps acquiring better long coverage Radars and SAMs should be the priority of every Nation willing to spend i'll keep repeating where I can which is a fact before anything else.
Viet Nam is under arms embargo with the U.S and the U.S-influenced EU; that's why we can't buy from anyone other than the Russian . Russian have never transfered technology for Viet Nam to produce fighter jet or submarine like China does with Pakistan's JF-17 or Germany did with Korean's submarine . That's why I said if possible, Viet Nam should look at other sources for military purchases other than the Russian as they have proved to be a terrible "partner"

Viet Nam is under arms embargo with the U.S and the U.S-influenced EU; that's why we can't buy from anyone other than the Russian . Russian have never transfered technology for Viet Nam to produce fighter jet or submarine like China does with Pakistan's JF-17 or Germany did with Korean's submarine . That's why I said if possible, Viet Nam should look at other sources for military purchases other than the Russian as they have proved to be a terrible "partner"

How could you possible ally with US that had put arms embargo in the first place decades ago.

Did you know swedish Gripen has a number of US major components so technically you vietnam cannot procure-negotiate for JAS Gripens without US Approval. The only option is invest in long range Radars-SAMs-Flankers but yes vietnam should not be soft and ASK for certain degree of in house development of components for Flankers but you see your position is ruined by US-France at UN in the first place so russian might not obliged vietnam's request, you guys should be grateful russians sold you Flankers look at Iran it can't even buy spares for older su-24/su-25.

Back
Top Bottom